The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

On 3/15/2018 at 11:59 PM, daveyjones said:

oddville premiered on June 16, 1997. blink was not on the show until episode 43.

so there are some clues that the 120 minutes clip is not the one that aired on july 5th. that was simply the premiere of the dammit video. i have both 120 minutes eps on tape, i must have just gotten them confused.

the show with the longer interview with matt pinfield is clearly later in the year. he says "you've been on two warped tours" (that would be 96 and 97) and he closes the piece by saying you can catch them on the "race around uranus tour" with less than jake (which did not begin until fall 1997). and the oddville performance is shown, with the sticker, and matt mentions it.

thus, oddville was filmed mid-july in new york, as you suggest, or even later. but the earlier date in the timeline is incorrect for sure.

I'm joining this discussion a bit late but here's the info that you guys are looking for @daveyjones @Thibaut182 (found it digging through my own records):

7/27/97
My friend Mike Smith just talked to Anne... Marks sister this weekned and informed me that Blink-182 did an appearence on MTV's ODDVILLE show over the weekend. So check the show out within the few weeks for Blink-182 to play live.

As you guys pointed out blink played in NYC on Friday "1997-07-25 New York City, NY - Randall's Island Soccer Fields (Vans Warped Tour '97)" and also recorded the song Dammit at Lifetime Studios in NYC.

1997-08-13 - MTV Oddville - Lifetime Studios - New York, NYC (I traded this show long time ago, but luckily I've always been very obsessed about documenting dates, so there you go).

Updated the timeline to reflect the change above blink182timeline.tk

On 3/15/2018 at 11:24 PM, daveyjones said:

there you go. so i taped it the sunday after the SD warped tour date. sooooo we have a mystery! there is a lagwagon sticker on tom's guitar during the oddville performance, which was aired on 120 minutes on july 5. yet the opening date of the 97 warped tour—july 2—there is clearly no sticker. but it shows up in all the later warped tour pics from that summer. what is going on????

On 3/15/2018 at 11:41 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Also the Lagwagon sticker wasn't on Tom's guitar during this date as well : 

7/6/1997: The band performs at Pier 30/32 in San Francisco, California.

On the last date of the tour, the Lagwagon sticker is there

8/5/1997: The band performs at Lakewood Fairgrounds in Atlanta, Georgia. This was the infamous show where a naked man in an E.T. mask hopped onstage during "Josie".

Maybe the MTV Oddville performance took place in July 1997 ?

As Tom putted the Lagwagon sticker during that month.

FYI: The last record that I have of Tom's guitar without the Lagwagon sticker on, dates back to 1997-07-09 Vancouver, Canada - PNE Lagoon (Vans Warped Tour '97)

1997-07-09_Vancouver_Canada_-_PNE_Lagoon

The first record that I have of Tom's guitar with the Lagwagon sticker on, dates back to 1997-07-20 Montreal, Canada - Hippodrome De Montreal (Vans Warped Tour '97)

1997-07-20_Montreal_Canada_-_Hippodrome_

• Like 2

9 hours ago, luisbootlegs said:

If so, can you remember what the exact date was?

Thanks a lot for the cool story.

It was a two day shoot... the first day was the live stuff and I wasn't invited to that. The second day was the movie theatre shoot. I had my wall calendars out when I was going through all this stuff and I'm pretty sure the two days listed on the timeline are correct, 6/7/97 & 6/8/97.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:19 AM, Thibaut182 said:

Posters of those shows behind Mark during an interview : 

12/1/1995: The band performs at Stewart's in Mooloolabah, Australia, beginning the second, Australian leg of the GoodTimes tour, alongside Pennywise and Bodyjar.

12/2/1995: The band performs at Fisherman's Wharf in Surfer's Paradise, Australia. (K£V¥Ñ-¹8²'s schedule lists this as The Spit, Gold Coast, QLD)

12/3/1995: The band performs at Leagues in Central Coast, Australia.

11/26/1997: The band performs at Bren Center at UC Irvine in Irvine, California.

@Thibaut182 According to the flier behind Mark:

1995-12-01_03_Brisbane_Australia_-_The_R

- 1995-12-01 Brisbane, Australia - The Roxy (Good Times Tour)
- 1995-12-02 Alexandra Headland, Australia - Stewarts (Good Times Tour)
- 1995-12-03 Brisbane, Australia - The Roxy (Good Times Tour)

Meaning that some of the existing Good Times Tour dates on the timeline which are based on this tour schedule ended up being changed. 

• Like 1

Also... I talked to @daveyjones about this, but I've discovered the earliest known blink show -  March 30th, 1993 at a San Diego club named "Spirit." It's possible this is the "first show" at the spirit club that Anne Hoppus recounts in her book, TFBYM; the one in which the band was told to turn down the volume every 5 minutes until they were just told to finally shut it off, and were paid a whopping Snapple tea each. There is no proof on the image of the date, but I will provide proof to @boxelder that it is indeed from the time I've listed. 

https://imgur.com/a/xVtf2H2

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Kjblink182 said:

Also... I talked to @daveyjones about this, but I've discovered the earliest known blink show -  March 30th, 1993 at a San Diego club named "Spirit." It's possible this is the "first show" at the spirit club that Anne Hoppus recounts in her book, TFBYM; the one in which the band was told to turn down the volume every 5 minutes until they were just told to finally shut it off, and were paid a whopping Snapple tea each. There is no proof on the image of the date, but I will provide proof to @boxelder that it is indeed from the time I've listed. 

https://imgur.com/a/xVtf2H2

this is legit. great, great job to @Kjblink182. he sent me the uncropped newspaper page and it's definitely real. it's very, very cool to be able to confirm that this was very likely the earliest blink show ever recorded, especially since anne hoppus says it in her book as the spirit club. @luisbootlegs, do you mind updating the temp timeline website to reflect this? i'm still working on the design of the new timeline site, but it'd be great to document it now.

really rad. this is one of the coolest discoveries in the history of this thread.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

this is legit. great, great job to @Kjblink182. he sent me the uncropped newspaper page and it's definitely real. it's very, very cool to be able to confirm that this was very likely the earliest blink show ever recorded, especially since anne hoppus says it in her book as the spirit club. @luisbootlegs, do you mind updating the temp timeline website to reflect this? i'm still working on the design of the new timeline site, but it'd be great to document it now.

really rad. this is one of the coolest discoveries in the history of this thread.

@boxelder Sure, I will update the Timeline this evening (I'm in work atm) - Also need to update the rest of the shows that have been recently posted. @Kjblink182 thanks a lot for this. Can you also send me the uncropped newspaper page please? Would love to see the whole thing myself too.

Keep up the good work guys!

found more info about this show

4/20/1997:The band performs at Cubberly Community Center Auditorium in Palo Alto, California. Other bands include Soda and 98 Mute.

3. Earth Day Rock N Bike: Stone Fox, Lyme, Groovie Ghoulies; blink-182, soda, 98 Mute; the poster was designed by my neighbor growing up Bruce B.C. Meyers. Kathy Moffeit Holland Maynard working at Softride arranged for us to give away a bicycle, which was won by friends of the Palo Alto band, Guttersluts. It was blink 182’s first NorCal tour, maybe their first show, a Sunday late afternoon early evening, they set up on the floor of the formerly high school cafeteria not on the stage, for about 100 paid. A guy named Murphy I think in San Jose made a bootleg poster, with robots, screen printed and gave me one copy. Not a part of Earthwise Galley but in our archives nonetheless.

found poster for this show

4/24/1997: The band performs at Stage 4 Theatre in Portland, Oregon. Other bands include 98 Mute and Slightly Stupid.

qh0e1vtctzx0db5.thumb.png

A new date to add

08/16/2001 Scott gives an interview to sandiegopunk.com

On August 16, 2001, I had the honor of interviewing Scott Raynor, ex-Blink 182 drummer, outside the Mira Mesa Epicentre. As I hope this interview shows, he is an amazing person and is actively giving back to the San Diego music scene everything he has taken from it.

Joel - I wanted to start off by asking… I heard you do some volunteer work for the homeless?
Scott - Yep.
Joel - Just go off on it.
Scott - Ok, a good friend of mine was homeless on the streets of Los Angeles for about three months, and during that time she saw a lot of things happen. She was a really good friend of mine, and she told me all about it. She lost friends on the streets from neglect, trying to get medical help, they couldn't; trying to get food, they couldn't. You know it's just a really dangerous world out there for kids, and that's what made me want to work with homeless kids.
Joel - So what exactly do you do with them?
Scott - Well, I volunteer for a place called Stand Up For Kids, and the website is www.standupforkids.org and they need volunteers and stuff. It's an outreach program where we go out on the streets with backpacks full of food and hygiene products and we give it to kids on the street. Just by doing that we get to know kids on the streets, and who's new, and what's going on. And we also have a day center where kids can come and get hot meals and stuff like that.
Joel - So if someone wanted to get involved with Stand Up for Kids, should they just go to their website?
Scott - Yeah. Or you can e-mail me; my e-mail address is r2d719@cs.com.
Joel - Is this a San Diego based organization?
Scott - Yeah, its headquarters are in San Diego, it started in San Diego, but it's got 19 programs in 20 states.

Joel - You have your own record label now, right?
Scott - Yeah, it doesn't actually exist yet.
Joel - It doesn't exist yet?
Scott - No.
(Laughing)
Scott - I'm putting it together, that's a minor part of it. I wanted to put that together, because I wanted to make a label for charity causes, and I wanted to help, not that the San Diego scene needs help, I just wanted to be a part of it. I love music and stuff, so I just wanted to be a part of it, I wanted to help out anyway I could, help out younger bands, and things like that.
Joel - So what bands are you looking at right now, if any?
Scott - I don't know, I'm just trying to get this comp together. The comp is going to have TSOL, Unwritten Law is going to put an unreleased song on there, and Blink said they'd put an unreleased song on there, and Fenix TX will give an unreleased song - these are all just up in the air. Also New Found Glory, Buck-O-Nine, who else… There's a cool local band called Lotus, American Tragedy, I wanna try and get them on there, Parker Theory, The Classified, Agent 51. I'm going to try and get some other kinda bands on there, there's this band called Etched in Stone that's really good, I really like the Melvins, I wanna get them on there, the list goes on forever, but hopefully it will be a good comp.
Joel - Is this something that will have national distribution?
Scott - Yeah, if I can get Blink with an unreleased song, I'd think a national distributor would take it. I don't really know how it all works, that's why I can't really say I have a record label, cause I don't even know what I'm doing (laughing).
Joel - And all the proceeds go to charities?
Scott - 100%, I made some money when I was in Blink, and I figure this is my way of kinda giving back to the community and San Diego. Without San Diego, Blink never would've gotten where they were so I wouldn't have the means to do this kinda thing- it's going to go to five different charities.
Joel - Which ones.
Scott - Stand Up For Kids, Street Light Newspaper-
Joel - That's the homeless paper in San Diego, right?
Scott - Yeah, and they never make any money. They give the papers away for people to sell, so they need money to keep making the papers and stuff. It's also going to go to San Diego Youth and Community Services, a place called Moda Music in Southeast San Diego - it's like a beginning music school where they're trying to get kids off the street, and out of gangs, and get them into music and things like that. And the other one is Street of Dreams, which is a program ran by this woman who decided she wanted to help kids that are in juvenile court. The court schools don't have funding for art or music, so she decided she would go ahead and write grants to get money to teach kids how to write poetry, and write hip-hop, and music, and stuff like that.
Joel - It seems like you're goal right now is to really give back, and it's great to have philanthropists like yourself in our community.
Scott - Thanks, I feel like I'm doing what I should. I want to try to get more people involved in our community, it is our community, kids on the street are dying and getting raped on the street. It's our job to do something about it, cops aren't going to do anything about it, politicians definitely won't, well the cops do, I shouldn't talk about the cops. You know, it's just everyone's responsibility.
Joel - Well I think someone like yourself, you're a roll model to kids all over the country.
(Scott starts laughing)
Joel - You really are, for what you've done-
Scott - I hope I can use that for good.
Joel - Yeah, just push them in the right direction.

Joel - So since Blink 182, you've been in a couple band, right?
Scott - Yeah Death on Wednesday, it was a pleasure to play with those guys cause they're a really, really good band - I'm going to try to get them on that comp too. I played with them, and now I'm in a band called One Track Mind, and I'm going to try out for some other bands, one of them is called, A Bing, A Bang, and A Boom. They're really weird, you have to see them if they're ever around. And then, another band called Trailer Park Queen.

Joel - So what type of music have you been listening to lately that's been influencing you?
Scott- This sounds kinda weird, but one of the bands that gets me really motivated is the Cranberries. They have a lot of songs about runaways, not doing drugs, human potential, and a lot about wars. I listen to them and they make me realize my life's not so bad, and America's just so lucky, American's are just so lucky to live in the country we do. So that's one of the bands that really gets me going. I really like the Melvins a lot; they're a really cool band, um.. Neil Young, I just got the new Unwritten Law stuff, that's really good. How about you?
Joel - Um, I really like Link 80 if you've heard of them, they're like ska-core. And the Bosstones-
Scott - I love the Bosstones.
Joel - They're awesome, and I've been going on this emo/indie kick, you know Get Up Kids, Weezer, Reggie and the Full Effect, I just saw them (Reggie) the other night, they were amazing.
Scott - Yeah, I need to listen to them, there's so many bands going that I have a hard time keeping up with all of them.
Joel - That's the way I feel, you just discover this one band that's just a little bit different from what you're listen to, and there's just this whole genre of music that's waiting to be untapped.
Scott - Yeah, totally, and it all starts with Fugazi.
Joel - Yeah, basically it does.
Scott - Fugazi and Smashing Pumpkins, I love those bands. I hear a lot of their influence in a lot of bands today; I hear a lot of their influence in a lot of bands today. I don't know if I'm being outdated by saying this-
Joel - No, I see it.
Scott - But I really like Fugazi, and a lot of other new bands, I really like Boy Sets Fire, they're cool.

Joel - So, what's a day in the life of Scott Raynor like?
Scott (laughing) - It all depends, I started surfing, I really love surfing, so I try to do that as much as I can. I really love to surf, I think everyone should try it at least once.
Joel - Where do you go surfing at?
Scott - My favorite spot is Tourmaline. Do you surf?
Joel - Not really, I bodyboard a little.
Scott - Same thing, it's just getting in the water and getting on the wave, you know. I love doing that. I'm trying to become like a record label person, as much as I can, trying to learn about the business. I spend a lot of time doing e-mails and things like that, trying to get bands involved. I work with my neighbor, he's fixing his house, so I do construction kinda work, like building tool sheds and stuff, it's kinda fun. I really like doing it, because I want to have a house some day and learn how to maintain it myself, that's where I get some money. On Wednesdays I do outreach with Stand Up For Kids, and blah, blah, blah, I don't know.
Joel - You keep busy.
Scott - Yeah, I'm really busy. I'm going to start playing drums in A Bing, A Band, and A Boom, and Trailer Park Queen. My friend Theresa is a poet, and she does Trailer Park Queen, I'm going to try to play drums for her. I'm trying to get that going, I'm actually going to be like a student in her program in September and try to help out with that. And I give drum lessons on Friday and Saturday at the Moda Center, that music center down in Southeast San Diego. I help with the Street Light paper… Yeah, all the charities that are on the comp I help out with.
Joel - That's really cool.
Scott - Thank you.
Joel - Giving up time is one of the most important things, I've always thought. Money can do so much, but you still need people to go out there and actively do stuff.
Scott - Exactly, it's all about people power, you know it's kinda a cliché but money doesn't do anything. You could have a homeless shelter, and it could be the nicest place in the world with one person there, but no one's going to get any care, no one's going to get any special attention or help, it's all about people. You could have the crappiest shelter; it's all the people that make it good.
Joel - The people make the difference.
Scott - Exactly.

Joel - If you have any closing comments, or anything you want to say at all…
Scott - I don't know, just keep on rockin' in the free world.
(Laughing)
Joel - Thank you very much.
Scott - You're welcome very much, I appreciate it.

…And when asked about Blink 182, Scott said, "I never would've got naked."

Interview with Scott from crogalski.com

Chris:

Are you sad at the fact that you're not in blink anymore, considering that they are rich and famous now?

Scott:

Money and fame are not important to me. tom and mark are different than me and wanted different things for blink-182. I am not a fan of their new music.

Chris:

If you were still in blink what kind of songs would you be writing? Do you think blink would still be successfull if you were still a part today?

Scott:

I can't imagine what blink would be like if I were still in it. It was natural for us to go different ways. We made music together up until a point where we went different ways in our lives. Its like a tree branch, it splits into two, naturaly at some point.

Chris:

Do you still listen to blink?

Scott:

The only radio station I listen to is national public radio, so I dont hear blink on the radio. I dont watch television, so I dont see them there, and I dont buy their cd's, so I dont ever hear their music anywhere. Occaionaly I listen to old blink that I played on to reflect on my past.

Chris:

"Hi Scott! I'm happy you're alive  It probably sounds stupid but the rumors where going that you had been killed ? really worried me. Just wanted to say take care man, keep up the good work for kids! -Arve Olsen"

Scott:

Hello Arve Olsen, thank you for your concern, I appreciate it alot. I am starting school in february, probably to become a child phsycologist to help the kids on the street.

Chris:

What was it like playing with blink, and touring in the van?

Scott:

I love to play music and I love to travel and meet people. It is truely the greatest thing for me. I remember driving late at night across the country and seeing so many stars in the night sky it was really beautiful. Ihen playing shows and just having a great time and playing as fast as I could. It was great. I loved being in the van, I felt more connected to the audience and the terrain. I cant wait to do it again.

Chris:

What do you think is the biggest misconception people get with you and the Blink situation?

Scott:

I dont know because I dont know how people see me. When you get in the situation where you are some kind of public figure people tend to place things on you that may not be true, I have done this many times with people I used to idolize as heros, now I see that they are merely humans who achieve great things, and make great mistakes too. I was very young in the blink days, I started when i was 14. And during those 6 years I was unwilling to control my drinking. The pressures of succeding and the volitile nature of my personal life fed into my habit. I think the greatest misconception was that I was fired for drinking. I received a phone call from Mark, Tom, and Rick (manager), one afternoon after a recent tour. They gave me an ultimatum to quit drinkning and go into rehab. I didnt think I needed to go to rehab so I asked for the weekend to think about it, they agreed. I went out and got drunk. After that weekend I realized that I had a drinking habit that I needed to break, I told them I would go to rehab and they said they didnt trust me. So I asked if there was anything I could do to stay in the band and they said no. So I was never given a reason. Another misconception is that I am somehow upset or bitter about this. When they said they wouldnt trust me to quit drinking I realized that I was not in the company of friends. And I wouldnt have wanted to be in a band whom are not my friends.

Chris:

Did you get your piece of the bundle of cash made from Dude Ranch seeing as it went platinum?

Scott:

I kept my share of rights to all the music I worked on. So I still receive royalty checks. I wanted to thank everyone who spent there money on a blink album. It puts a roof over my head, and is sending me to college. It also gives me the ablity to do two very important things: to do charity work that helps the homeless youth of america www.standupforkids.org, and to continue playing music.

Chris:

Are you in a band right now? If so, what's the name of it?

Scott:

I am playing the drums for a couple of friends of mine who are married and write songs together. We are called ISINGLASS. We will be recording three songs in january. We will put them on the web sometime.

Chris:

Do you and blink still keep in contact with each other?

Scott:

I dont know why blink and I dont talk. I recently tried to make peace with them but they never responded. I have heard through another person that they wanted to make peace too, but as of right now we dont talk. maybe one day we will talk.

Chris:

What are your opinions on the new blink 182 cd?

Scott:

i havent heard the new blink c.d..

• Like 1

found better picture of this poster for this show :

8/1/1996: The band performs at Blockbuster/Sony Entertainment Center in Camden, New Jersey as a part of Warped Tour 1996

0?e=1541030400&v=beta&t=SxC7AIrU6mIQkK_V

found poster for those shows

1/9/1998: The band performs at Rosebank Domain in Auckland, New Zealand.

1/11/1998: The band performs at Spit in Gold Coast, Australia.

1/14/1998: The band performs at Soccer Grounds in Byron Bay, Australia.

1/15/1998: The band performs at Oval in Coffs Harbour, Australia.

1/17/1998: The band performs at Manley Skate Bowl in Sydney, Australia.

1/18/1998: The band performs at Beach in Aulladalla, Australia.

1/21/1998: The band performs at TBA in Perth, Australia.

1/23/1998: The band performs at Adelaide University in Adelaide, Australia.

1/24/1998: The band performs at Halgen Ranch in Geelong, Australia.

1/25/1998: The band performs at TBA in Melbourne, Australia.

WarpedBanner.jpg