Jump to content
 

One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion


Champ182

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MCDC said:

Ok yea I understand that. If you’re sitting down at a restaurant then you need to tip. I try to throw a few bucks when I do a pickup order because I always appreciated it when people did that for me.(we didn’t have tablets asking for tip back then, just a jar).  But if you’re ordering coffee from Starbucks you’re already doing life wrong so I can’t help you there. 

You had the worst fate in Reservoir Dogs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jan said:

...That isn't what people are bitching about in terms of tipping culture.  That's just simply traditional tipping. 

Tipping culture is getting a tablet pointed at your face after getting a coffee at the counter asking for 20-30% gratuity for pushing a button.

I've been asked to tip on picking up my own beer at a liquor store, my last tow had a tip option.

Nah, if I'm going in to pickup my own shit then I ain't tipping anything.

Speaking of which a friend of mine went to a restaurant that had a robot waiter. It rolled around and had a touch screen. Would you tip that? There was a employee following it around for im assuming safety reasons. Do you tip for him? I say no.

  • Like 1
  • Clown 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tipping is not expected in other countries. I only do it in independent restaurants with excellent service, because our servers are given a wage and aren’t expected to live off tips. If I do tip I get treated like I’m a fucking saint its weird. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Tipping is not expected in other countries. I only do it in independent restaurants with excellent service, because our servers are given a wage and aren’t expected to live off tips. If I do tip I get treated like I’m a fucking saint its weird. 

Ok then I’m not speaking to you. Obviously it’s going to vary from country to country. Servers here don’t get paid shit, they depend on tips. Any American that goes out to eat and doesn’t tip is a piece of shit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, allsystemsgo said:

Nah, if I'm going in to pickup my own shit then I ain't tipping anything.

Speaking of which a friend of mine went to a restaurant that had a robot waiter. It rolled around and had a touch screen. Would you tip that? There was a employee following it around for im assuming safety reasons. Do you tip for him? I say no.

Never dealt with a robot. But yea if I order a pickup and I come and get it, it’s ready and bagged with all the utensils and shit I need, I’m going to tip a few bucks. Someone still had to bag it all up and put it together to be ready for your cold heart.  If you want to be a cheap ass that karma is on you buddy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

Tipping is not expected in other countries. I only do it in independent restaurants with excellent service, because our servers are given a wage and aren’t expected to live off tips. If I do tip I get treated like I’m a fucking saint its weird. 

That is true... I heard in Japan that leaving a tip is considered disrespectful because you're basically implying they aren't making enough to live and some places will outright refuse a tip.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MCDC said:

Never dealt with a robot. But yea if I order a pickup and I come and get it, it’s ready and bagged with all the utensils and shit I need, I’m going to tip a few bucks. Someone still had to bag it all up and put it together to be ready for your cold heart.  If you want to be a cheap ass that karma is on you buddy

Hmm, I just don't see it that way. If I drive to pickup a pizza or any food I feel no obligation to tip anything. Zero guilt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, allsystemsgo said:

Hmm, I just don't see it that way. If I drive to pickup a pizza or any food I feel no obligation to tip anything. Zero guilt.

Yea you probably grew up entitled and never had to work in the service industry. Your opinion on “it’s my new music give it to me now” would corroborate you being entitled 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MCDC said:

Yea you probably grew up entitled and never had to work in the service industry. Your opinion on “it’s my new music give it to me now” would corroborate you being entitled 

I did Applebee's a while ago, but got out of that so I'm not entirely oblivious to that industry. As for wanting new music now? You're goddamn right I do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, allsystemsgo said:

I did Applebee's a while ago, but got out of that so I'm not entirely oblivious to that industry. As for wanting new music now? You're goddamn right I do.

It’s all love. I can’t hate on a fellow Michigander. I probably went overboard with my last comment. I was in the industry for so long it’s just impossible for me to not want to tip those workers because I feel so lucky to have gotten out of that industry. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, MCDC said:

Never seent it 

Well since Simps don't care about spoilers either what happens is the guy who throws a fit about tips at the beginning of the movie ends up simping for an undercover cop and ends up killing his friends off thinking he's only simping for a regular guy and then gets shot up as well at the end after realizing this.

Stop simping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jan said:

Well since Simps don't care about spoilers either what happens is the guy who throws a fit about tips at the beginning of the movie ends up simping for an undercover cop and ends up killing his friends off thinking he's only simping for a regular guy and then gets shot up as well at the end after realizing this.

Stop simping. 

In no way have I simped, for anybody. Sorry I don’t have a mindset of a child, lol. 

#patienceisavirtue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MCDC said:

It’s all love. I can’t hate on a fellow Michigander. I probably went overboard with my last comment. I was in the industry for so long it’s just impossible for me to not want to tip those workers because I feel so lucky to have gotten out of that industry. 

Simping for Michigan (a state that doesn't care about you and has spoiled inland water), simping for someone who you disagree with, simping for an industry that abused you and simping for america in general that also doesn't care about you all in one statement.  In the thread that you are simping for blink in.

Kudos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jan said:

Simping for Michigan (a state that doesn't care about you and has spoiled inland water), simping for someone who you disagree with, simping for an industry that abused you and simping for america in general that also doesn't care about you all in one statement.

Kudos.

Lol I definitely do not simp for America. We are fucked. NQAT. I’m a real punk rocker at heart my guy, not one of these Taking Back Sunday type guys, don’t get it twisted. 
 

But I will simp for my Great Lakes and I will simp for my Detroit Lions. KC Chiefs finna get smoked 2morrow bezz believe BOI

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...