Jump to content
 

Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time


dick_trickle
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

Also. Water Gun Diddy?

Hahaha yes I was trying to think of something along those lines. You nailed it! I’ll make sure to give you a cut when I make it big time 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I appreciate you but I wasn’t being serious. I was a drummer in a band back in high school, and I miss those days!

Can you get a quality recording of drums nowadays? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nasa said:

Speedo doesn't get a pass, you guys have the same attitude toward it.

i think it's good when cisgender people announce their pronouns - since we're the majority, we have the most power/ability to normalize trying to prevent misgendering from happening.

imagine being a trans man in the workplace, afraid you don't pass as the gender you truly feel most comfortable as. on your first day, your supervisor, who was born a woman and identifies as a woman, starts a meeting and introduces herself with she/her pronouns. everyone else around the room does the same. by the time it's your turn, it feels good to announce that you use he/him pronouns. unfortunately, because we don't listen to minority groups enough, the pushes for change get better traction if they're coming from the majority.

just try putting yourself in their shoes, that's what it boils down to. other people's desire to live as their true selves isn't silly, pronouns are a part of that.

Hey thanks for giving me a real response instead of acting like I’m protesting a Target bathroom this time! 😑

As much as I think your scenario is rare, I see your point and don’t have a valid criticism of it.
 

I thought self-deprecating using the Jordan Peterson reference would make it clear to someone calling someone else a transphobe that I had re-examined my previous ways of thinking. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

I appreciate you but I wasn’t being serious. I was a drummer in a band back in high school, and I miss those days!

Haha I though that only the MGK nod was the joke, damn.

 

Well, you can have the moniker for when you decide to go threw with it 

 

edit: go through with it, of course 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

How many on these boards are in bands themselves? Me and Kay I know of, thongy has his solo stuff going on and Speedo is working on some phenomenal stuff but who else?

I put a song on soundcloud and my friends asked what drugs I took that weekend.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

SP is great, you just haven’t given them a fair chance in the last 15 years

I narrowly avoided getting my ass beat for liking Blink182 in those days. The punk scene was ... "opinionated" here in San Antonio and Austin back then ... I'd have been hung if I had done anything short of cruelly mock Simple Plan and anyone who listened to them.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

I narrowly avoided getting my ass beat for liking Blink182 in those days. The punk scene was ... "opinionated" here in San Antonio and Austin back then ... I'd have been hung if I had done anything short of cruelly mock Simple Plan and anyone who listened to them.

But it’s a safe space here now. You can let go of your defense mechanism 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

I narrowly avoided getting my ass beat for liking Blink182 in those days. The punk scene was ... "opinionated" here in San Antonio and Austin back then ... I'd have been hung if I had done anything short of cruelly mock Simple Plan and anyone who listened to them.

Yeah I figured, give one oh the two latest album a chance with an open mind, it’s great stuff!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

Can you get a quality recording of drums nowadays? 

All I have currently are my electronic drums. I wish I knew better recording techniques. I have a computer...if you have suggestions this is something I’ve been wanting to learn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

All I have currently are my electronic drums. I wish I knew better recording techniques. I have a computer...if you have suggestions this is something I’ve been wanting to learn. 

Damn. I have a drummer for one project but need one for the second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

Damn. I have a drummer for one project but need one for the second.

Yea sorry man I’m pretty useless right now I guess unless I’m with someone local who knows how to record lol

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

That song fucking slaps, but I like the album version better. That whole album is amazing though

Didnt they do a song with Nelly recently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Didnt they do a song with Nelly recently?

Thats the one @Patient #48273 posted, but the single version that she posted is a different mix with a bunch of stuff added, a bit overproduced to fit with radio. I like the album version a lot more.

The fun thing with SP is that they always have a couple of songs on each album that they’re having fun with and trying something totally different, I like that idea

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Hey thanks for giving me a real response instead of acting like I’m protesting a Target bathroom this time! 😑

As much as I think your scenario is rare, I see your point and don’t have a valid criticism of it.

I thought self-deprecating using the Jordan Peterson reference would make it clear to someone calling someone else a transphobe that I had re-examined my previous ways of thinking. 

i'll be honest, because it's the Internet and therefore the worst place to try to talk about these kinds of things, my default is believing the other person won't try to understand where i'm coming from, lmao. i should've approached differently since i know you like to try to have genuine convos, my apologies. i never thought you were on the full-on level of Transphobe™.

also, i didn't know you used to be into Jordan Peterson, so i missed the reference. if that were still the case, what a fun discussion this would've been!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Thats the one @Patient #48273 posted, but the single version that she posted is a different mix with a bunch of stuff added, a bit overproduced to fit with radio. I like the album version a lot more.

The fun thing with SP is that they always have a couple of songs on each album that they’re having fun with and trying something totally different, I like that idea

Wait, now Im Confused and I feel like an ass. @Patient #48273 was I wrong calling you man?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

anyway, now that i've sufficiently derailed the thread, i support a bracket-style tournament of pop punk bands, and my favorite NFG song is Hold My Hand. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...