Jump to content
 

Smelly Shoes (Blink and Unwritten Law demo?)


 Share

Recommended Posts

Today, I discovered a bunch of old forums/Blink fan sites mentioning a demo that Blink and Scott Russo of Unwritten Law recorded together back in 1993 or something. Is that legit? If so, is it just a song called "Smelly Shoes" or is it like an EP or something? And is it available to listen to anywhere? I'm very intrigued now... 

If it isn't real, let me know, and I will throw this thread into a fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, bradsonemanband said:

Today, I discovered a bunch of old forums/Blink fan sites mentioning a demo that Blink and Scott Russo of Unwritten Law recorded together back in 1993 or something. Is that legit? If so, is it just a song called "Smelly Shoes" or is it like an EP or something? And is it available to listen to anywhere? I'm very intrigued now... 

If it isn't real, let me know, and I will throw this thread into a fire.

IIRC this was a bit of file mislabeling back in the napster era. but i'll ask mark.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, daveyjones said:

IIRC this was a bit of file mislabeling back in the napster era. but i'll ask mark.

That's what I was assuming as well. Always loved the file mislabeling on Napster back in the day, haha. But yeah, I'd love to know if it actually exists. There's download links that I've found through Google searches, but of course, they're all expired. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bradsonemanband said:

That's what I was assuming as well. Always loved the file mislabeling on Napster back in the day, haha. But yeah, I'd love to know if it actually exists. There's download links that I've found through Google searches, but of course, they're all expired. 

this is the recording:

this is the recording that i remember as being mislabeled on napster as "blink with unwritten law."

confirmed by mark to not be UL or blink. it's some non-descript skate punk band. and it appears to have been sped up.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, daveyjones said:

this is the recording:

this is the recording that i remember as being mislabeled on napster as "blink with unwritten law."

confirmed by mark to not be UL or blink. it's some non-descript skate punk band. and it appears to have been sped up.

 

Cool! Thanks for the info, Davey! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, saco0o said:

Cool! The first Unwritten Law song I listened was "california sky" because on napster it was named
"California Sky feat Tom Delonge" ahahha 

My first time hearing The Ataris was on Napster because it was labeled as being "Man Overboard" but really it was the song "1-15-96." And also, my first time hearing Me First and the Gimme Gimmes was because it was labeled as "Seasons in the Sun" by Blink 182. I remember getting into many forum arguments with people because I kept telling them it wasn't Blink, and they didn't believe me, haha. The good old days when you couldn't just Google a song's lyrics or whatever to find out more about a song haha. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bradsonemanband said:

My first time hearing The Ataris was on Napster because it was labeled as being "Man Overboard" but really it was the song "1-15-96." And also, my first time hearing Me First and the Gimme Gimmes was because it was labeled as "Seasons in the Sun" by Blink 182. I remember getting into many forum arguments with people because I kept telling them it wasn't Blink, and they didn't believe me, haha. The good old days when you couldn't just Google a song's lyrics or whatever to find out more about a song haha. 

I MISS THE OLD INTERNET

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bradsonemanband said:

My first time hearing The Ataris was on Napster because it was labeled as being "Man Overboard" but really it was the song "1-15-96." And also, my first time hearing Me First and the Gimme Gimmes was because it was labeled as "Seasons in the Sun" by Blink 182. I remember getting into many forum arguments with people because I kept telling them it wasn't Blink, and they didn't believe me, haha. The good old days when you couldn't just Google a song's lyrics or whatever to find out more about a song haha. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Same here! I remember 'fighting' with an entire forum about how that "barbie girl cover" was NOT by mxpx hahaha 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Speedo said:

That's 'cause you never had to dial-up load porn, pre-AOL.

hahaha I did! But it was worth. I remember waiting a few minutes to see a fake picture of Cristina Aguillera's tits haha
My first fap on the internet. Never found this pic again. Great times

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 2:25 PM, daveyjones said:

IIRC this was a bit of file mislabeling back in the napster era. but i'll ask mark.

Yeah, it's not UL or blink. I remember this floating around on Napster in 99. God this brings back memories haha.


Some band said it was blink/UL to make it go "viral", before viral was even a term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, saco0o said:

hahaha I did! But it was worth. I remember waiting a few minutes to see a fake picture of Cristina Aguillera's tits haha
My first fap on the internet. Never found this pic again. Great times

Fap away buddy! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...