Snowflake Oliver

The Tom Delonge Thread

Yes that's DK. It's nice to see Ilan finally get involved which makes me feel like the songs are finally past Tom's demo form and starting to be taken seriously. I am definitely looking forward to their next album, whenever that may be.

I love that Davids there. In the STM doc he seemed to pull Tom down to earth and be kind of a producer. I believe he brings a good vibe. A glue, if you will. 

• Like 2

At least Tom is being social and attempting to create music with his friends instead of sitting around trying to email CIA agents.

For the record, Finn was the only one that could check Tom because Finn was the mastermind behind the band.  After he died what has Tom done besides indulge way too far in his ego.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJansaid said:

At least Tom is being social and attempting to create music with his friends instead of sitting around trying to email CIA agents.

For the record, Finn was the only one that could check Tom because Finn was the mastermind behind the band.  After he died what has Tom done besides indulge way too far in his ego.

Can't help but crack up at this comment. Honestly it sounds like the most ridiculous and hilarious thing ever. What's even more hilarious is that it's probably true.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Neal said:

i really hope the release of this clashes with blink's new album release, shit would get heated in here, oh joy!

I hope this happens so bad now. It would be so fun!

12 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Attention to this.

He was blink's producer, yeah, but also the one behind side projects.

Blink was produced by Finn from Enema to Untitled. BCR was produced by Finn, and also +44. Once he pased away, it all fell down.

• Like 3

On 2/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, Kay said:

Dude thats awesome to hear, got any links to examples of your stuff? I'd love to see it!

I'm in marketing now, still with the same lady, just bought our first house. 

Sure, you can find a lot of my stuff here:

www.spacecadet.nl

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Attention to this.

He was blink's producer, yeah, but also the one behind side projects.

Blink was produced by Finn from Enema to Untitled. BCR was produced by Finn, and also +44. Once he pased away, it all fell down.

Yeah it's crazy to look back on now. Growing up, you never think about the producer or care much tbh.. it's really changes your perspective on music a lot once you grow up and realize how much these guys play a part in every big band.

Blink really was lightening in a bottle. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Yeah it's crazy to look back on now. Growing up, you never think about the producer or care much tbh.. it's really changes your perspective on music a lot once you grow up and realize how much these guys play a part in every big band.

Blink really was lightening in a bottle. 

Yup. Incredible chemistry/personalities, great songwriting, a type of pop/punk/rock that was somehow distinct from others in the music world, and a producer who was on their exact wavelength and knew how to make their songs the best they could be. They had a great run in those glory days!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yup. Incredible chemistry/personalities, great songwriting, a type of pop/punk/rock that was somehow distinct from others in the music world, and a producer who was on their exact wavelength and knew how to make their songs the best they could be. They had a great run in those glory days!

This except it was way too short.  I guesss lightening in a bottle isn't meant to last that long?  Think of Nirvana and all the other bands that blew ppl away for a short span.

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I hope this happens so bad now. It would be so fun!

I dunno, Love pt 2 quickly followed Neighborhoods, but there was very little fanfare here for Love pt 2.  All the same, i think most would also agree that Love pt 2 is the worst Angels album.  That could have been a more interesting time if it were a better Angels album like I Empire or even Dreamwalker.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I dunno, Love pt 2 quickly followed Neighborhoods, but there was very little fanfare here for Love pt 2.  All the same, i think most would also agree that Love pt 2 is the worst Angels album.  That could have been a more interesting time if it were a better Angels album like I Empire or even Dreamwalker.  

i think love part 2 is the best ava album. the worst is definitely the dream walker.

My favourite AVA album is probably the Dream Walker. Tom's songwriting was very good there IMO, plus he allowed more input from another band member. And it shows way more than any previous AVA release I think. Not a perfect album at all but without Jerry Finn or Mark bringing him down to earth, I don't think Tom will ever be perfect.

WDNTW was the most ambitious one of them all. Has the better ideas but the songs are way too long and boring at times. I feel the same way regarding I-Empire too. Love 1 & 2 has very good ideas but I think the songwriting on that was generally shit. Plus he started recycling shit a lot more around this period.

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

i think love part 2 is the best ava album. the worst is definitely the dream walker.

Only song i can tolerate in that album is Saturday Love, rest is boring filler if ya ask me. 

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Took a few years, but looks like Tom has his itch to make music again:

If this statement is true why does he say he’s “working”....? Jokes

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Only song i can tolerate in that album is Saturday Love, rest is boring filler if ya ask me. 

i guess that's why i like that album. the others try hard to be grandiose, but the songs are actually not that great. love part 2 feels like it is just a collection of leftover material. it wasn't surrounded by an annoying hype, so it ended up being better than the rest. for me.