The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

23 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Fake news. I may have agreed in 2001 when I was 15, but TOYPAJ just has not aged as well. Enema has no skip tracks (aside from maybe Adam’s Song). TOYPAJ Had plenty of skip tracks. 

I love TOYPAJ, probably more now than I ever did before, in fact, I'd go so far as to say it's slowly become my favorite Blink album. It's still behind Dude Ranch but its edging in there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I love TOYPAJ, probably more now than I ever did before, in fact, I'd go so far as to say it's slowly become my favorite Blink album. It's still behind Dude Ranch but its edging in there.

hell yeah dude, it’s the perfect pop punk album

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Yup. Shits all over Enema imo 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1

12 minutes ago, Speedo said:

That’s cool. Me personally, it just doesn’t add up completely like Enema does. Online Songs, First Date, Happy Holidays, Rock Show, Everytime I look, Shut Up, and Please Take Me Home are all skip tracks to me. And Anthem Pt 2’s lyrics are just cringe now. 

• Crab 1

14 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

That’s cool. Me personally, it just doesn’t add up completely like Enema does. Online Songs, First Date, Happy Holidays, Rock Show, Everytime I look, Shut Up, and Please Take Me Home are all skip tracks to me. And Anthem Pt 2’s lyrics are just cringe now. 

It’s different factors for me. There are many people that agree with you about the lyrics on anthem pt 2, I won’t argue as it is subjective. But I think that the songs are more well composed on toypaj, and I like the production a lot more on it than enema.

The lyrics of blink songs or the side projects have never bothered me since they have never been that good, and I’m not expecting anything from the lyrics. I can rock out to give me one good reason any day. One song that I never could listen to though -and to this day never listened to the whole song start to finish is that golden shower song from Toms demo album. I feel ashamed for his behalf as soon as the first verse starts and then I turn it off

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Everytime I Look For You is one of the best songs Mark has written. 

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

13 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

It’s different factors for me. There are many people that agree with you about the lyrics on anthem pt 2, I won’t argue as it is subjective. But I think that the songs are more well composed on toypaj, and I like the production a lot more on it than enema.

The lyrics of blink songs or the side projects have never bothered me since they have never been that good, and I’m not expecting anything from the lyrics. I can rock out to give me one good reason any day. One song that I never could listen to though -and to this day never listened to the whole song start to finish is that golden shower song from Toms demo album. I feel ashamed for his behalf as soon as the first verse starts and then I turn it off

I can agree with you on Give Me One Good Reason. It’s one of my all-time favorite blink tracks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Online Songs, First Date, Happy Holidays, Rock Show, Everytime I look, Shut Up, and Please Take Me Home are all skip tracks to me.

curious. "online songs" and "please take me home" are my top tracks on that album, along with "roller coaster."

compared with enema, i prefer the song structure and riffage, as well as most of the production sound, on jacket. but i will admit that the lyrics haven't aged well at all. jacket came out just weeks after i graduated college. and although it was an key album of the summer (along with from here to infirmarystay what you are, bleed american and weezer's green album) the lyrics were in pretty bad shape even on first listen. especially "anthem part II"!! "kids can't vote..." sounded pretty lame to a 24 year old.

conversely, overall i like the songs and riffs on enema less, but the lyrics still hold up imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

curious. "online songs" and "please take me home" are my top tracks on that album, along with "roller coaster."

compared with enema, i prefer the song structure and riffage, as well as most of the production sound, on jacket. but i will admit that the lyrics haven't aged well at all. jacket came out just weeks after i graduated college. and although it was an key album of the summer (along with from here to infirmarystay what you are, bleed american and weezer's green album) the lyrics were in pretty bad shape even on first listen. especially "anthem part II"!! "kids can't vote..." sounded pretty lame to a 24 year old.

conversely, overall i like the songs and riffs on enema less, but the lyrics still hold up imo.

Yea, please take me home is probably my least favorite out of all of them. I’m curious why everyone likes the production better. They used analog for enema but switched to digital for TOTPAJ. I guess that’s the digital world we live in. 

and yea, the “kids can’t vote” line is the king cringe lyric of the album lol

20 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea, please take me home is probably my least favorite out of all of them. I’m curious why everyone likes the production better.

"please take me home" was one they played earlier, even before enema came out. i heard it live once or twice. prolly why i liked it when i heard it on the album.

the drums are too "digital razorsharp" on jacket, yes. but i think both the lead guitar tones and overall bass feel are superior to enema.

8 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

"please take me home" was one they played earlier, even before enema came out. i heard it live once or twice. prolly why i liked it when i heard it on the album.

the drums are too "digital razorsharp" on jacket, yes. but i think both the lead guitar tones and overall bass feel are superior to enema.

I was not aware it was a pre-enema song, that's a cool piece of knowledge, thanks, Davey. Do you remember if it was any different at all?

27 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

Wow! I did not know that it was a pre-enema song. That’s crazy.

i actually like the drums better on TOYPAJ, as well as the guitar and bass tones. I guess it’s just the songs themselves that don’t hold up as well for me. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I was not aware it was a pre-enema song, that's a cool piece of knowledge, thanks, Davey. Do you remember if it was any different at all?

not that i recall. as with all early versions, i would not be surprised if the words were different. this was spring 98 when i remember hearing it. might have been summer or fall too. i don't remember.

34 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

I just like the songs better overall on TOYPAJ, it's close.  

let's not forget the bonus tracks. both "time to break up" and "don't tell me it's over" are great. and "what went wrong" still holds up. it's sort of like blink's "good riddance (time of your life)."

• Like 1