The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

56 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I feel like Up All Night is the realization of Tom's vision for Angels and Airwaves. Huge anthem chorus, a little bit spacy, a little bit heavy, and he needed Mark and Travis to really pull it off

You were pretty spot on with this. We got that interview later on where it was said the original chorus was some synthy, AVA sounding chorus and Travis threw some heavy drums on it and forced Tom to write a guitar part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Two of my first posts on this board, back in July/August of 2011 haha:

Rating Up All Night:

Comparing Up All Night and Anxiety by AVA

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Also @Ghent replied to that Up All Night/Anxiety post with:

So here I am almost exactly 9 years later!

Thank you for this!!! I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :D

Oh, it didn't quote the quotes. Well, in short, I loved it from day one and I also love Anxiety, but maybe UAN is better?? I guess they're both equally good to me. 

Oh, and that Ghent appreciates you here. So so do I! :D

• Like 1

Marks smart enough to know that answering either yes or no to questions like that would be the wrong call. It’s much easier to just say “who knows” and move on rather then spark rumours or whatever else would flow on from a definitive answer.

I still wager there will be at least a few articles with the headline “blink-182 four piece” or “Tom Delonge AND Matt Skiba to play together in blink?” Or something stupid like that based just on his who knows answer.

• Like 3

Nice repertoire of songs in the show.

Blink 182 - The Rock Show

Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness

Descendents - Silly Girl

Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

The Format - She doesn’t get it

Paramore - Misery Business

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

Jawbreaker - Bad Scene, Everyone’s Fault

Fugazi- Waiting Room

4 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Well since it's on Apple Music I'll never get to listen to it, just like how I never got to watch Mark's TV show because I didn't have FUSE.

If it's anything like the Fuse show, you aren't missing much.

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

it's a terrible joke; i'm suggesting that the show is lame as a result (as you compared it with mark's fuse show to suggest the same).

I see, sorry, davey ... I just woke up from a nap I lost control of ... I'm a little off.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Blink reuniting at the Grammys was way better than the Up All Night release 2.5 years later. 

Neighborhoods was a disappointment on so many levels. I like it, but half the songs stink, the album title and artwork is stupid. When I heard it announced, it was so lame

Ruined your early bird dinner at Denny's!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Those harmonies. I remember just getting the hugest smile on my face when I heard that part for the first time. Blink was back. :(

Mate exactly . That higher and lower register that fucking belong together on a track. Chemistry that can’t be stopped, even when it’s fractured 

• Like 3