love u thongrider 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Need album recommendations for the following:

Saves the Day

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

Sell me on these bands.

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool - absolutely positively, great album, and keep in mind it came out in '90s yet so was one of the earlier bands

Sugarcult - Start Static I guess? They don't really have a memorable album... Usually like 2 hits and some filler for each. I like the songs Pretty Girl, Debbie, Stuck in America, Los Angeles.  Memory is their most popular. (Skip bouncing off the walls again if you can)

Neck Deep - don't, they're trash, all of it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

To be fair, I also told him during the zoom call that he looks a lot at my cousin. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head. 

I mean...we all have that one cousin, right?

No - just me ? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

* means I’ve heard occasional songs and thought they were okay but never sat down and listened to a full album. 

Life’s not out to get you by neck deep is considered a pop punk classic in the pop punk community

11 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Saves the Day

Lagwagon*

MxPx*

The Story So Far*

The Queers

Sugarcult*

Neck Deep

The Mr. T Experience

Fenix TX

Jawbreaker

Sell me on these bands.

Saves the Day-Through Being Cool

Lagwagon-Hoss or Blaze

Mxpx-Life in General

Jawbreaker- Dear You

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scott. said:

We’re all in agreement that this is the best pop punk song of all time right?

A Place In the Sun is a great fucking album, I never kept up with them after that though. 

listened to Dear You last night, liked it a lot. will probably end up voting Jawbreaker over FOB after a few more listens, although it no longer looks like a close match.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nasa said:

listened to Dear You last night, liked it a lot. will probably end up voting Jawbreaker over FOB after a few more listens, although it no longer looks like a close match.

It's a miracle they got 11 votes, but I'm glad you liked Dear You. Such great songwriting / most upbeat sad music ever.

• Like 2

Damn. I really thought Jawbreaker stood a chance. Ultimate underdog story. Think we should sub it out for simple plan if they make it through.

also, I can’t remember if I’ve seen any mention of Social Distoriton? Did we all collectively forget them or...are they just not that good ? 

can’t be the latter because 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Damn. I really thought Jawbreaker stood a chance. Ultimate underdog story. Think we should sub it out for simple plan if they make it through.

also, I can’t remember if I’ve seen any mention of Social Distoriton? Did we all collectively forget them or...are they just not that good ? 

can’t be the latter because 

I just never thought of them as pop punk ... I barely think of them as a punk band to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I just never thought of them as pop punk ... I barely think of them as a punk band to be honest. 

THEN WHAT ARE THEY DAD 

Mariachi!?? 

we should do battle of the mariachi bands next 

38 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

THEN WHAT ARE THEY DAD 

Mariachi!?? 

we should do battle of the mariachi bands next 

I've been listening to a podcast in Spanish about the history of Puerto Rico lately so I went 100% puerto rican mode last week and I started listening to Hector Lavoe and the other salsa stuff. That's area of my expertise right now. 

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Social Distortion is amazing. Can’t call em pop punk though. People here that like MGK would never appreciate the greatness that is Mike Ness and Social D. 

• Like 1

Just now, Machine Gun Smelly said:

Social Distortion is amazing. Can’t call em pop punk though. People here that like MGK would never appreciate the greatness that is Mike Ness and Social D. 

Story of his life ...

• Haha 2