Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - general discussion

4 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I love early Green Day and I love early Blink but neither rank in the top 10 for me personally. That's not a diss, I just love that more traditional ramonescore sound.

My favorite GD album is 21st Century Breakdown. When you listen to that album from start to finish, holy hell! Totally love the title track as well

Just now, twentytwenty said:

My favorite GD album is 21st Century Breakdown. When you listen to that album from start to finish, holy hell! Totally love the title track as well

I like more songs on 21st Breakdown than I do songs from American Idiot.

You heard House Boat's 21st Century Breakroom?

9 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I love early Green Day and I love early Blink but neither rank in the top 10 for me personally. That's not a diss, I just love that more traditional ramonescore sound.

Hmmm...

On 2/25/2021 at 10:04 PM, Slevin Seconds said:

In no particular order.

Ramones

Queers

MTX

Sloppy Seconds

TBR

blink-182

Green Day

Lillington

Copyrights

Oasis

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Hmmm...

I traded vindictives and Steinways with Green Day and Blink to make a better fit for what I thought the board would consider pop punk. I traded Dopamines with Oasis to make a stupid joke.

27 minutes ago, Depf said:

We should spread the gospel of Social D in french.

Cause Mike Ness est nôtre joie.

I vote Elisa to be dr. elisa. 

Obviously a killer lady but she plays it down. I can see why bagel the beautiful dreams of his moms head on her body

This made me spit out my milk of magnesia 

I’m in awreee of you 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I traded vindictives and Steinways with Green Day and Blink to make a better fit for what I thought the board would consider pop punk. I traded Dopamines with Oasis to make a stupid joke.

I only believe the Oasis part.

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I'm not super into his voice

Yeah but Grath is probably my favorite pop punk songwriter of all time. Steinways, House Boat, Barrakuda McMurder, Top Bunk, Robot Bachelor, Short Attention Span, Science Police ... all fantastic bands of his.

1 minute ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Yeah but Grath is probably my favorite pop punk songwriter of all time. Steinways, House Boat, Barrakuda McMurder, Top Bunk, Robot Bachelor, Short Attention Span, Science Police ... all fantastic bands of his.

Damn dude is not lazy

26 minutes ago, Slevin Seconds said:

You guys remember that band Story of the Year? I was staying outside St. Louis in this punk house when that shitty band hit and those nincompoops ate it. St. Louis bands are worse than bands from Philadelphia. 

Until the day I die. 

I remember at a Lawrence arms/nufan gig I went to someone was like "Story of the year plays next door. More like Story of last year" 

• Haha 1

Just now, Slevin Seconds said:

Link? 

I don't think they recorded anything. I think they did "I Wanna Kiss You on the Lips" originally and some other song Grath told me about me about. I think it was about Kim Shattuck. 

5 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I don't think they recorded anything. I think they did "I Wanna Kiss You on the Lips" originally and some other song Grath told me about me about. I think it was about Kim Shattuck. 

Aww ... I wanna be friends with Grath. Is he cool?