Jump to content
 
Tom Bot

The Tom Delonge Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, theedge00 said:

Why doesnt To The Stars work together with Elon Musk. I want to know this.

One actually builds spaceships while one writes books about spaceships.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

One actually builds spaceships while one writes books about spaceships.

Musk teams up with Barstool Sports, frequents Joe Rogan and doesn't believe in COVID, Tom is not below his level.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I wonder if Tom was sleeping with Marie back in 2005. What a coincidence that all these weird uncommon names rhyme with his new girlfriend's name. "It Hurts" has taken on a new meaning


Umm, this is...a stretch. I’m not sure if you’re joking, but lots of traditional women’s names in the US rhyme with Marie, so yes it could be a coincidence. Plus, Sherrie is a known, common enough middle-aged woman name in the US. Not a “made up to cover up the real name” type name like Lorene (which is technically a real name, but sounds made up to me as an American).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, where is all this sheririe talk coming from?  What song is that supposed to be from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Your best friend is not your girlfriend."

Always found that line odd coming from a married man.

But yeah I really doubt he was cheating for 15 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

"Your best friend is not your girlfriend."

Always found that line odd coming from a married man.

But yeah I really doubt he was cheating for 15 years.

Yeah, I’m guessing the song wasn’t autobiographical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously always heard the lyrics as "dream, you want it" ... well, "dur-reeeeeeaaaamm".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

"Your best friend is not your girlfriend."

Always found that line odd coming from a married man.

But yeah I really doubt he was cheating for 15 years.

Yeah he was definitely not cheating for that long. I still doubt he cheated at all tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah he was definitely not cheating for that long. I still doubt he cheated at all tbh.

Tom always struck me as a solid guy, a bit of a kook, sure but a decent human.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Tom always struck me as a solid guy, a bit of a kook, sure but a decent human.

Yeah and there was that motorcycle video that came out that pretty much confirmed his divorce and he was pretty upset about it. Some bloke that’s been doing the dodge on his missus for 15+ years wouldn’t be that upset at the marriage ending. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I seriously always heard the lyrics as "dream, you want it" ... well, "dur-reeeeeeaaaamm".

That would have made more sense though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah and there was that motorcycle video that came out that pretty much confirmed his divorce and he was pretty upset about it. Some bloke that’s been doing the dodge on his missus for 15+ years wouldn’t be that upset at the marriage ending. 

They were high school sweethearts, right? People change a lot, they probably just grew apart. I can't imagine Tom is particularly easy to live with, he seems impulsive at best and who knows what issues she brought to the relationship. It's a shit situation all around but these things happen. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Tom always struck me as a solid guy, a bit of a kook, sure but a decent human.

I like to picture Tom in a tuxedo t-shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toms talked about it hurts a lot in the past. Pretty sure he said it’s about a friend of his getting divorced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedo said:

They were high school sweethearts, right? People change a lot, they probably just grew apart. I can't imagine Tom is particularly easy to live with, he seems impulsive at best and who knows what issues she brought to the relationship. It's a shit situation all around but these things happen. 

 
Not that it changes your point imo, but they weren’t high school sweethearts— Tom was 20-21 when they got together (1996). Still very young though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Toms talked about it hurts a lot in the past. Pretty sure he said it’s about a friend of his getting divorced.

That actually makes sense, “your best friend is not your girlfriend” can easy be referred to a marriage that lost its spark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah and there was that motorcycle video that came out that pretty much confirmed his divorce and he was pretty upset about it. Some bloke that’s been doing the dodge on his missus for 15+ years wouldn’t be that upset at the marriage ending. 


What/where is this? Curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Whyamidoingthis said:


What/where is this? Curious

I got no idea sorry! I only watched it the once when it came out and people discussing it here. Wouldn’t know what to search. Someone else might be able to help.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...