Tom Bot

The Tom Delonge Thread

1 minute ago, theedge00 said:

Why doesnt To The Stars work together with Elon Musk. I want to know this.

One actually builds spaceships while one writes books about spaceships.

• Wow 1

15 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

One actually builds spaceships while one writes books about spaceships.

Musk teams up with Barstool Sports, frequents Joe Rogan and doesn't believe in COVID, Tom is not below his level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I wonder if Tom was sleeping with Marie back in 2005. What a coincidence that all these weird uncommon names rhyme with his new girlfriend's name. "It Hurts" has taken on a new meaning

Umm, this is...a stretch. I’m not sure if you’re joking, but lots of traditional women’s names in the US rhyme with Marie, so yes it could be a coincidence. Plus, Sherrie is a known, common enough middle-aged woman name in the US. Not a “made up to cover up the real name” type name like Lorene (which is technically a real name, but sounds made up to me as an American).

Wait, where is all this sheririe talk coming from?  What song is that supposed to be from?

"Your best friend is not your girlfriend."

Always found that line odd coming from a married man.

But yeah I really doubt he was cheating for 15 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Yeah, I’m guessing the song wasn’t autobiographical. 

I seriously always heard the lyrics as "dream, you want it" ... well, "dur-reeeeeeaaaamm".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Yeah he was definitely not cheating for that long. I still doubt he cheated at all tbh.

27 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah he was definitely not cheating for that long. I still doubt he cheated at all tbh.

Tom always struck me as a solid guy, a bit of a kook, sure but a decent human.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Yeah and there was that motorcycle video that came out that pretty much confirmed his divorce and he was pretty upset about it. Some bloke that’s been doing the dodge on his missus for 15+ years wouldn’t be that upset at the marriage ending. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I seriously always heard the lyrics as "dream, you want it" ... well, "dur-reeeeeeaaaamm".

That would have made more sense though

47 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah and there was that motorcycle video that came out that pretty much confirmed his divorce and he was pretty upset about it. Some bloke that’s been doing the dodge on his missus for 15+ years wouldn’t be that upset at the marriage ending. 

They were high school sweethearts, right? People change a lot, they probably just grew apart. I can't imagine Tom is particularly easy to live with, he seems impulsive at best and who knows what issues she brought to the relationship. It's a shit situation all around but these things happen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I like to picture Tom in a tuxedo t-shirt.

Toms talked about it hurts a lot in the past. Pretty sure he said it’s about a friend of his getting divorced.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

They were high school sweethearts, right? People change a lot, they probably just grew apart. I can't imagine Tom is particularly easy to live with, he seems impulsive at best and who knows what issues she brought to the relationship. It's a shit situation all around but these things happen. 

Not that it changes your point imo, but they weren’t high school sweethearts— Tom was 20-21 when they got together (1996). Still very young though.

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Toms talked about it hurts a lot in the past. Pretty sure he said it’s about a friend of his getting divorced.

That actually makes sense, “your best friend is not your girlfriend” can easy be referred to a marriage that lost its spark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

What/where is this? Curious

4 minutes ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

What/where is this? Curious

I got no idea sorry! I only watched it the once when it came out and people discussing it here. Wouldn’t know what to search. Someone else might be able to help.

• Like 1