The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

He does sound like a dying horse at times, but that’s never why I was into blink the first place. Why’s it sad? There’s more criteria than perfect vocals that determine a performance, especially a blink performance. Guy’s clearly infusing it with emotion, he’s conveyed the meaning of the song in a live setting- I’m sure many of the people there felt that too 

It’s sad because they’re that horrible live, they’ve convinced you that was good lol

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Couldn’t even make it through that Not Now performance and that’s one of my fav blink songs of all time. That was baaaaad. 

What was it about it that you didn’t like? Was it just the vocals? 

2 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It’s sad because they’re that horrible live, they’ve convinced you that was good lol

But surely you’ve known how bad live blink are since day 1? Like if you’re part of a forum dedicated to the band, you’re aware that they’re a sub par live act ( from a musical standpoint). 

1 minute ago, _Bagel said:

But surely you’ve known how bad live blink are since day 1? Like if you’re part of a forum dedicated to the band, you’re aware that they’re a sub par live act ( from a musical standpoint). 

Um yea, bud. And they’re not always that bad. Just look at the other responses in this short period of time about how bad this particular performance is. Enjoy it if it’s good for you, I don’t care 

4 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Um yea, bud. And they’re not always that bad. Just look at the other responses in this short period of time about how bad this particular performance is. Enjoy it if it’s good for you, I don’t care 

If you don’t care, why did you comment ? You just said it was sad if people liked it or thought it was good? The fuckkkk

@Ry-Bread in my eyes, those guitar riffs and semi messy solos he does adds variation to the live performances. Like it’s nice when a song isn’t stale and uniform, to be repeated in almost scientific measures again and again. Live music is as much about emotion and as it is about precision. Maybe precision was deffo subbed for emotion here, but I think it’s worthwhile trade off

9 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

If you don’t care, why did you comment ? You just said it was sad if people liked it or thought it was good? The fuckkkk

@Ry-Bread in my eyes, those guitar riffs and semi messy solos he does adds variation to the live performances. Like it’s nice when a song isn’t stale and uniform, to be repeated in almost scientific measures again and again. Live music is as much about emotion and as it is about precision. Maybe precision was deffo subbed for emotion here, but I think it’s worthwhile trade off

I care that it’s so pathetic, I don’t care if you enjoy it 

14 minutes ago, Depf said:

Oof madonne t.....

I enjoy his Kate Winslet pose and I gladly recognize that video to be his best live guitar tone since 2004. 

But I get it. We love all love that song.

Have I done goofed ? This bagel shit. Every other forum post, affects every other facet, of every fucking thing.

I will take those two points and convert them to relative/and or equal to = incredible. 

The emotion Depf, only young Thomas can provide these moments 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Have I done goofed ? This bagel shit. Every other forum post, affects every other facet, of every fucking thing.

I will take those two points and convert them to relative/and or equal to = incredible. 

The emotion Depf, only young Thomas can provide these moments 

You guys need to get a room lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

I get it T, we all get the blues .

Between the poisened fish and the hormones it's a wonder littly tommy didn't start to sing like this in the pop disaster war of 02 when greendayos and the blinkinis were going at it. i lived through that by the skin of my nutsack

You said it best, brother.

I remember that. Tre ‘Cool’ cannierelli got whacked. Good riddance ( time of your life) 

Fuckin’ line at the hop topic merch stand a mile long 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Kay said:

I just always see people talking about them and there really doesn't seem to be any decent reason why. 

we all choose what to pay attention to. i don't pay attention. always get the name confused with the cardassians from DS9. i could not spot any of them in a lineup. could care less. travis is getting married (again). ok.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

we all choose what to pay attention to. i don't pay attention. always get the name confused with the cardassians from DS9. i could not spot any of them in a lineup. could care less. travis is getting married (again). ok.

He’s getting married? Lol wtf 

That Reading performance in 2010 is one of the worst blink performances. Energy of it was great and I'm sure being there was great but the whole band sounds shit on that video. The guitar just sounds muffled. Can barely hear it, even on the studio headphones I use for recording music. Tom is obviously drunk and high on it too. It's probably the worst he's ever sounded.

The one in 2014 was much better but the mixing of it was worse. Dunno how it was worse, because the mixing on that 2010 performance sounds like shite too.

The best sounding video since the reunion is the Las Vegas one IMO. Least you can hear the guitar and everything. Nothing sounds too muffled or quiet. Tom still sings like crap though and although you can hear the guitar, it still sounds weak. But it's a decent sounding mix compared to most since 2009.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

The best sounding video since the reunion is the Las Vegas one IMO. Least you can hear the guitar and everything. Nothing sounds too muffled or quiet. Tom still sings like crap though and although you can hear the guitar, it still sounds weak. But it's a decent sounding mix compared to most since 2009.

wait i'm confused, are you praising the performance (the band) or the mix (the sound and production people). because i think the vegas show is absolutely awful in terms of the band.

Just now, daveyjones said:

wait i'm confused, are you praising the performance (the band) or the mix (the sound and production people). because i think the vegas show is absolutely awful in terms of the band.

Definitely the mix haha. The performance aside from Travis is just typical blink from 2009 and onwards haha. But the mix itself is solid compared to most.

• Like 1