New Taylor Swift Song Today?

Ghent

I couldn’t hear much difference between the original Love story and the re recorded one, although there’s no doubt that her voice has matured and has more depth to it now.

I don’t really want to admit it but I still sort of prefer the original? My first thought is that the fragility(?) of her younger voice fits the song better. But maybe it’s just due to nostalgia, idk. Nicely done anyway!

2 hours ago, Maddey said:

I couldn’t hear much difference between the original Love story and the re recorded one, although there’s no doubt that her voice has matured and has more depth to it now.

I don’t really want to admit it but I still sort of prefer the original? My first thought is that the fragility(?) of her younger voice fits the song better. But maybe it’s just due to nostalgia, idk. Nicely done anyway!

Yeah it's hard to say. They are very similar, but like you said the OG may seem a bit better due to nostalgia and the amount of times you've heard it.

There are some touches to the rerecording that improve on the OG as well so it works both ways.

Do I prefer the original enough to search it out over this version? Definitely not, which will be the metric of success for all of this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I was only peripherally aware of Swift until Red and even then I only knew a few singles and never made a point to listen. I jumped on the bandwagon with 1989 though.

I still haven't listened to much pre-Red.

Yeah, pretty much same, first time I heard her was on the Boys Like Girls song in 2009 but didn't even think about who it was. Then the hits started on the radio with red and that's when I started to give a fuck. 

After that there's basically only reputation that I don't like of her albums. Lover wasn't amazing but got some really good songs on there, I especially like her duett with Urie on there.

30 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Yeah, pretty much same, first time I heard her was on the Boys Like Girls song in 2009 but didn't even think about who it was. Then the hits started on the radio with red and that's when I started to give a fuck. 

After that there's basically only reputation that I don't like of her albums. Lover wasn't amazing but got some really good songs on there, I especially like her duett with Urie on there.

Lover as a whole wasn't her best, but it does have some good songs and it led to Folklore which is her best.

I didn't like Reputation so much when it came out, but I really like it now. And the tour for Reputation was incredible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 10:23 AM, Patient #48273 said:

I still prefer folklore, but evermore is solid. I'm tired of the Bon Iver collaborations though. I skip over exile when it comes on these days.

Exile is my least favorite song on Folklore. His voice is obnoxiously low. I can't help but picture a neckbeard type guy and it takes me out of the song.

I'm about ready to start listening to Evermore. I've been on a Phoebe Bridgers side quest I'm finishing up

• Like 1

i'm on Red now. i liked Speak Now but it was a bit bloated, a few songs could've been left on the cutting room floor.

i'm enjoying Red too, and i can definitely understand why it's considered her transition album, because musically it's a bit all over the place. my ambivalence toward most of the poppier songs (besides We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, what a bop lmao) tells me i might end up as someone who prefers the pop country Taylor over the straight-up pop Taylor. we'll see.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i've finished my listen-through of 1989. Full-on pop fits TSwift like a glove most of the time. The overall album quality was more uneven though, like Red. for every "Wildest Dreams" there's also a "Bad Blood," haha.

11 minutes ago, Nasa said:

why?

I don't know, I find the "a-ha" part annoying in the chorus..and the line about "tall and handsome as hell" bad boy stuff is pretty gross. Just say you like his massive dick and get it over with

I could listen to Bad Blood on repeat though

38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I don't know, I find the "a-ha" part annoying in the chorus..and the line about "tall and handsome as hell" bad boy stuff is pretty gross. Just say you like his massive dick and get it over with

I could listen to Bad Blood on repeat though

you know "New Romantics"? the "ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-AH!" before each chorus truly sounds like a precursor to a sneeze to me. maybe it's a 1989 trend.

• Like 1