Jump to content
 

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Q182 said:

THANK YOU

I’m glad you’ve thought this as well!
 

He undersells himself and over-delivers, that’s what makes him so damn likeable. It’s kind of the opposite of what Mike does.

He’s tackled a lot of the same themes in his songs religion, homophobia, depression/suicide , drug abuse, partying, post 9/11 America etc. His lyrics are more subtle, poetic, his vocabulary is expansive.

Also, Joey would never kick anyone in the fucking face for grabbing him / jumping on stage. He knows that’s part and parcel of a punk show. Lagwagon did NOFX better than NOFX did 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets talk about feeling is one of my favorite records of all time. Definately in my top 5. Absolute masterpiece. I always wondered why nobody mentions that record when it comes to lagwagon?

Yeah I think Joey said Hang is like, 'his angry old man' record - he's pissed off at the state of things and see's the lack of empathy all around. It's amazing, the prism that he see's the world throu

Top 3 Lagwagon records for me in order: 1: Blaze 2: Hoss 3: Resolve

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

He undersells himself and over-delivers, that’s what makes him so damn likeable. It’s kind of the opposite of what Mike does.

He’s tackled a lot of the same themes in his songs religion, homophobia, depression/suicide , drug abuse, partying, post 9/11 America etc. His lyrics are more subtle, poetic, his vocabulary is expansive.

Also, Joey would never kick anyone in the fucking face for grabbing him / jumping on stage. He knows that’s part and parcel of a punk show. Lagwagon did NOFX better than NOFX did 

Lagwagon is 5 of the humblest dudes playing kickass music. NOFX is the exact opposite (save Smelly and Hefe).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure how I haven't brought this up yet but this video is the way I got into the Wagon. Having the songs listed in the description was a huge help so I knew where to start; and Kye is just a legend in his own right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the caper does that one solo too. he also has a wall of firewood, which is impressive.

I love that performance. Had the priviledge to see him play this song on an accoustic guitar twice just in front of me, it's magical. However I prefer the normal version. I love the fast part of the song. I usually listen to it when I go skateboarding.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Thought you would appreciate this video

I was literally just watching this the other day. I dropped a comment saying how at 5:50, Mike says they almost broke up after Hoss. I expand on this saying it was because Derrick quit and Caper didn’t want to play with another drummer. Mike convinced them to not end the band and find a new drummer, which they found in Dave Raun.

As someone who played those first three Wagon records A LOT while drumming, I don’t blame him. Derrick was a true original.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Today feels like a good day for a little Houston: We Have A Drinking Problem

I'm getting the passed out space man fucker tattoo'd on me next month! What an album

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Q182 said:

Seriously! Twelve Steps... is also fantastic, has my favorite BA track on it (Stillwater, California)

What a song, good choice sir. I love Ghostrwite...Minus was also the first BA song I ever heard.

What Tats do you have @Speedo ? This will be my first

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, _Bagel said:

What a song, good choice sir

It holds a special place because I’m a massive RKL fan and the the shoutouts Caper gives in the chorus:

“And it survives you
Hey Derrick
Soils you
Hey Jason
Silences you
Hey Bomer”

Apart from being the first Wagon drummer, Derrick played in RKL from 2000-2002. All three of them passed in 2005/2006. Twelve Steps was one of the last records Derrick played on before he died.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, _Bagel said:

What a song, good choice sir. I love Ghostrwite...Minus was also the first BA song I ever heard.

What Tats do you have @Speedo ? This will be my first

I have two, my Screeching Weasel tat and the New Wave panther. The SW one was just a spur of the moment decision when I was in Brooklyn but the Against Me! one was paid for by Warren, the drummer at the time, when I saw them in Glasgow so it has a cool back story. 

6ee7d5a67d854a2dd9ed9934ac77ed34--band-l

mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I have two, my Screeching Weasel tat and the New Wave panther. The SW one was just a spur of the moment decision when I was in Brooklyn but the Against Me! one was paid for by Warren, the drummer at the time, when I saw them in Glasgow so it has a cool back story. 

6ee7d5a67d854a2dd9ed9934ac77ed34--band-l

mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f

the fuck outta here, it seems we gotta share warren stories. super bummed he stopped way back then. def my favorite of the bunch and a super nice guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Depf said:

the fuck outta here, it seems we gotta share warren stories. super bummed he stopped way back then. def my favorite of the bunch and a super nice guy.

He was fucking great, him and Andrew both were extremely cool everytime we saw them and actually remembered me and my friends throughout the years. I doubt they'd recognize me anymore though. We met up with them at SxSW in Austin and they got us in the show and on stage to sing We Laugh At Danger ... Laura and James were always cool too but I never interacted with James that much and Laura was always intimidating. She still took every picture and chatted everytime I talked to her and she always responded on Twitter but I Warren and Andrew were always out and about before and after shows and would let us tag along.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...