The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

17 hours ago, thongrider said:

I couldn't agree less. 

Lol me too. Anthem Pt 2 seems like a forgettable track these days, and Feeling This is not the “apex” of blink by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Crab 1

20 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lol me too. Anthem Pt 2 seems like a forgettable track these days, and Feeling This is not the “apex” of blink by any stretch of the imagination. 

Anthem pt 2 has actually aged well and Feeling This is understandably an apex for blink. No need to explain that one.

• Crab 1

12 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Does anyone go out of there way to listen to it today? 

Haha it might be my favorite song of the post-Tom era. Top 5 at least. I got straight up giddy "Blink" feelings from that song when it first came out, can't say that about any of the other songs from this era to be honest.

(sorry @Kay :( )

9 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha it might be my favorite song of the post-Tom era. Top 5 at least. I got straight up giddy "Blink" feelings from that song when it first came out, can't say that about any of the other songs from this era to be honest.

I did too, it was nostalgic after the long hiatus, Mark killed it, can't say I haven't not skipped a Cali-Nine song for several months now though. They have like a 3 week shelf life.

• Crab 1

26 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

See it did the opposite for me. I forced myself to listen to it over and over and once I was past "hey it's Mark!" I was like "Wow this song is full of recycled stuff... musically it's kinda nothing...the chorus is kind of annoying... tiger up a tree? wtf?" and I just couldn't get into it. I kept trying to hear what everyone else was hearing and I just couldn't. I didn't let it deter me, did the same thing with Rabbit Hole and the other one that I can't remember the name of right now and just... I preferred those two, but still didn't like how it was sounding and how fake and simple it was. and yeah. went from there. BTD kind of embodies it the worst for me though. To this day, while I hate basically all of California, BTD is one of the worst for me. 

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I love the “rescuing a Tiger from a tree” metaphor! Blink was this huge powerful thing (the tiger) and Skiba (the “stranger staring at the ceiling”) had to come help it with something so simple... (like showing up and being an active band)

52f3fc_d91664e9aeaf4016a1eb2af58a9f186c~

• Haha 2

Honestly I kind of miss that John Feldmann era.  It was fun to hate on, it was like this evil corporate villian character taking over our band.

But yeah no Ry Bread, there was no deeper meaning to the lyrics they said it themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

Honestly I kind of miss that John Feldmann era.  It was fun to hate on, it was like this evil corporate villian character taking over our band.

But yeah no Ry Bread, there was no deeper meaning to the lyrics they said it themselves.

They’ve also said 182 comes from how many times Al Pacino says fuck in Scarface, and that wasn’t true. 

16 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

Rz2jNAj.png

there a much better version 

mark as no sense about what is great and what isnt

as seen with him delcaring that feeling testicles is the best blink song there is haha

Probably the best poster here at the moment.

Feeling Testicles is up there, but not blink's best song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

Who cares if they had a metaphor in mind or not, it's open to anyone's interpretation, just as all art is.  Apply the lyrics as they connect with you, and you're never wrong.  I dig the lyric regardless of if they personally intended a greater meaning or not.

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Probably the best poster here at the moment.

Feeling Testicles is up there, but not blink's best song

these schematics are useless because most of these songs are great in their own ways and bring something that the other ones don't to the table

therefore there isn't one song thats better than all the rest

people do these mini tournemant thing out of a pre-wired wish to declare certain things better than others(wich fundamentaly needed when you by example build a great song)

but nonsense in a case like this

feeling tits is a terrifc song and was a perfect comeback song for that untitled record but greatness alone its not as powerfull as adam song or stay together for kids

6 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Source? I remember they said that about wildfire but that’s the only one I can think of where they openly said the lyrics were meaningless.

• Like 1