Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Ari
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Hopefully they’ll all sit in a room together and write instead of pulling in co-writers.

Lol, the first writing session when they start to mention feldy or Pharrell Tom’s gonna walk and find it hard to commit

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Hopefully they’ll all sit in a room together and write instead of pulling in co-writers.

I couldn't care less about co-writers, but they need to all be together. None of this sending files back and forth shit with no collaboration. Hopefully they learned that lesson from Neighborhoods.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I couldn't care less about co-writers, but they need to all be together. None of this sending files back and forth shit with no collaboration. Hopefully they learned that lesson from Neighborhoods.

I care only because I’m interested in the writing process of bands and how they function. It’s not necessarily a quality thing for me, it’s more of an honest reflection of the band. I don’t have a problem with co-writers necessarily … I disliked a lot of California and enjoyed a lot of Nine, it didn’t matter who wrote the songs. However, I’m super interested to see what develops when these 4 song writers are left to their own devices and talents. Agreed though, they need to be in the same room.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Sorry guys, Tom and Travis don’t have time. They’ll be touring box car racer 20 year after the AvA Europe tour

Sounds like a good warm up to get Tom out of douchy AVA land

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

So in the last week Mark has said he is starting a band with the lead singer from Angels and Airwaves and the drummer from the Transplants. Tom posting and tagging blink. And now Skiba tags Tom in a post saying “welcome aboard”.

What in the world is he even saying to Tom in this post though? It's kinda just wild rambling that doesn't seem to have anything to do with Blink.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYVQKkpr9p_/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

What in the world is he even saying to Tom in this post though? It's kinda just wild rambling that doesn't seem to have anything to do with Blink.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYVQKkpr9p_/

All I got was he mentioned a UFO, and thought of Tom, and also thought of Tom because he heard from someone that he is doing meditation now too?

Very confusing, like most Skibz posts lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Rick Beato breaking down WMAA...

 

These vids are brilliant, I wish he did all blink songs or more of them at least. It’s easy to listen to that song and think it’s some throw away pop rock song but it’s so much more than that, for music buffs it’s probably nothing new but for the ordinary music lover like me it’s amazing to hear all the intricate parts of the song and it gives it so much more meaning to me now. The outro is fucking beautiful. Finn is a genius and sorely missed. He really was the fourth member and a massive loss to the band when he died. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty cool, the ATST one blew my mind more as we already knew about all the harmonies and such in WMAA.  The little horn at the end was surprising though. 

Jerry Finn, such a legend, and glad to hear him get the recognition he deserves here. Also, Marks fucking vocals here, so good.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, J3n said:

Pretty cool, the ATST one blew my mind more as we already knew about all the harmonies and such in WMAA.  The little horn at the end was surprising though. 

Jerry Finn, such a legend, and glad to hear him get the recognition he deserves here. Also, Marks fucking vocals here, so good.

All 3 of them sound so good on their parts vocally and with their instruments.  Marks bass in the bridge sounds so good

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

These vids are brilliant, I wish he did all blink songs or more of them at least. It’s easy to listen to that song and think it’s some throw away pop rock song but it’s so much more than that, for music buffs it’s probably nothing new but for the ordinary music lover like me it’s amazing to hear all the intricate parts of the song and it gives it so much more meaning to me now. The outro is fucking beautiful. Finn is a genius and sorely missed. He really was the fourth member and a massive loss to the band when he died. 

It's crazy to, even as a blink fan, hear all these straightforward pop punk songs growing up and then find out later they really had so much more at work behind the scenes to make that sound and excitment and sprinkle all these little tidbits in and knowing how to play with our emotions like when to sprinkle a little bit of Tom in at the end of WMAA in the background.  Finn really was a genius.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...