Jump to content
 
TOYPAJ_182

NINE DELUXE & TOUR...PLEASE!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Again: Why do you think Blink shouldn’t play more new songs live/tour the album?

I don’t get it. 

I don't recall Ghent ever saying that. 

In fact, if there's anyone in this board that would love more new songs it would be Ghent. 

Preferably 5 playthroughs of Sober and 6 or so of She's Out of Her Mind. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't recall Ghent ever saying that. 

In fact, if there's anyone in this board that would love more new songs it would be Ghent. 

Preferably 5 playthroughs of Sober and 6 or so of She's Out of Her Mind. 

He said in the second post that he is not sure if touring the new album is even necessary. Touring new album = playing new songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Again: Why do you think Blink shouldn’t play more new songs live/tour the album?

I don’t get it. 

I never said that

  • Crab 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Osgod said:

He said in the second post that he is not sure if touring the new album is even necessary. Touring new album = playing new songs. 

Yes, at this point in time, it would be unnecessary as this album came out in September of last year. It would make more sense to just move forward than it would to tour an album/singles that are almost 5 months old. That tour would be an unnecessary waste of time and money. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't that they didn't want to tour Nine, they just set the tour dates based off the original recording schedule. That schedule got fucked when they scrapped the Feldmann songs and started over... They're still contractually obligated to tour though so they had to make it something else. It turned into a cluster fuck but it happens, it doesn't mean they didn't want to tour Nine or play new songs. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Osgod said:

Again: Why do you think Blink shouldn’t play more new songs live/tour the album?

I don’t get it. 

Because most people don’t want to hear any Cuts from Nine. What don’t you understand!?

  • Crab 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NINE is an improvement on california, but still feels off in places. interesting in seeing where they progress from here. curious if columbia will keep or drop the band — certainly, IRWIHY is doing better than expected. and NINE’s sales, though worse than its predecessor, were still the type of numbers that some acts simply can’t pull at this point.

id definitely like to see another album with this lineup, but if it’s just as uninspired as the rest, itd be nice to put the band to bed or get tom back.

  • Like 1
  • Crab 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boxelder said:

NINE is an improvement on california, but still feels off in places. interesting in seeing where they progress from here. curious if columbia will keep or drop the band — certainly, IRWIHY is doing better than expected. and NINE’s sales, though worse than its predecessor, were still the type of numbers that some acts simply can’t pull at this point.

id definitely like to see another album with this lineup, but if it’s just as uninspired as the rest, itd be nice to put the band to bed or get tom back.

I wouldn’t hold out hope. We’ve gotten a big enough sample of what the band is now. You think they’ll all of a sudden drop some legendary shit with this lineup?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bummer to think we'll probably never hear live versions of most of the Nine songs. I would love to see them play The First Time, Heaven, Run Away, Pin The Grenade, On Some Emo Shit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Because most people don’t want to hear any Cuts from Nine. What don’t you understand!?

I know!! But some people on this board don’t wanna see that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has definitely been an odd album cycle that’s for sure. I blame the album delays for it. The album releasing like 2 days before the tour that was originally meant to promote it was obviously not what they wanted.

But the album still did good. Pretty well received, IRWIHY is still on the charts so people obviously want to hear it. I really like nine and think it was a great second album from this lineup. Can’t wait to hear what they do next.

Selfishly I couldn’t give a fuck if they did an album tour at this point. I’d never get to see it. It’s far enough past the album release that the release hype has died down. Just get to work on what’s to come next.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bands make so much more money off the TOUR nowadays, compared to the album sales. So it's weird that the band/label could already be putting a bookend on the NINE era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boxelder said:

NINE is an improvement on california, but still feels off in places. interesting in seeing where they progress from here. curious if columbia will keep or drop the band — certainly, IRWIHY is doing better than expected. and NINE’s sales, though worse than its predecessor, were still the type of numbers that some acts simply can’t pull at this point.

id definitely like to see another album with this lineup, but if it’s just as uninspired as the rest, itd be nice to put the band to bed or get tom back.

I enjoy the good majority of songs from NINE... I went in expecting more of California and was pleasantly surprised. I don't mind the pop-centric songs like IRWIHY or BIOMY but there were others that sort of felt unfinished or meandered a bit too much for my taste, mainly On Some Emo Shit, Remember to Forget Me and I don't care much for Black Rain, as it just strikes me as a AK3 song. To each their own though, I think I'm in the minority in those opinions. There were quite a few people who adored those tracks. Just like I adore Generational Divide and Ransom, which I felt got panned by a lot of people. I will say that this release sounds and feels more cohesive as a Blink album that Skiba is a part of and I'm stoked the went in this direction. I think it helps to solidify this line up and give them the confidence needed to pursue that chemistry and I can honestly say I'm excited to hear their next release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I enjoy the good majority of songs from NINE... I went in expecting more of California and was pleasantly surprised. I don't mind the pop-centric songs like IRWIHY or BIOMY but there were others that sort of felt unfinished or meandered a bit too much for my taste, mainly On Some Emo Shit, Remember to Forget Me and I don't care much for Black Rain, as it just strikes me as a AK3 song. To each their own though, I think I'm in the minority in those opinions. There were quite a few people who adored those tracks. Just like I adore Generational Divide and Ransom, which I felt got panned by a lot of people. I will say that this release sounds and feels more cohesive as a Blink album that Skiba is a part of and I'm stoked the went in this direction. I think it helps to solidify this line up and give them the confidence needed to pursue that chemistry and I can honestly say I'm excited to hear their next release. 

I don’t think Black Rain sounds anything at all like Alkaline Trio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I don’t think Black Rain sounds anything at all like Alkaline Trio

The guitar does, the octave start and stops of the verse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Black rain should’ve just been Matt.

It definitely feels like a Skiba song. I take it as an AK3 song, maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a huge fan of his but I feel that it's more so that wheel house than Blink's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It definitely feels like a Skiba song. I take it as an AK3 song, maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a huge fan of his but I feel that it's more so that wheel house than Blink's. 

Yeah it’s more skiba. I remember in some magazine they said it was him writing with Feldman when they came up with it. I could see it fitting on crimson maybe.

It’s not so “alkaline trio” but it’s definitely more “Matt” if ya get me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah it’s more skiba. I remember in some magazine they said it was him writing with Feldman when they came up with it. I could see it fitting on crimson maybe.

It’s not so “alkaline trio” but it’s definitely more “Matt” if ya get me

It’s def not very “blinkish” either way lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...