Jump to content
 

is tom gettng endorsed by fender again?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all know this is the GOAT of all his guitars: On a note pertaining to the topic, it would be crazy if they did a pin version of this guitar. The amount of detail to it would be insane.

That's how I roll too @daveyjones    

According to this reddit post it seems like he kind of does 😂 someone in the comments mentions asking him about the guitar at a meet & greet. His response was that he "tried to do someth

If they brought back his actual signature then I'd also consider getting it if I could blow the 2 grand it would cost over here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patient #48273 said:

I've always liked the graffiti yellow strats, but I've never liked spending 2k lol.

lol I've thought about selling it a few times.  I have a seafoam green one that I recorded all of my music with, played shows with etc that has loads of sentimental value to me.  I've barely touched the yellow one but I have a hard time with the idea of letting it go. 

Also have the lame brown Epiphone that sounds like ass and has feedback the second you plug into any amp at any setting.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I've got two Tom strats...who wants to buy a graffiti yellow with case for 2k?

Please nobody do this. Just make one on warmoth for brand new and pay someone to put it together, would cost you $1,000-$1,200. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Does anyone know what are the best versions of that strat? A lot of people say the cheaper ones are just as good, but I'm not sure which ones are worth the price

It depends on the player, not the guitar. The hardware is gonna be the same so I doubt you would notice much of a difference sound wise but if you're a clunky player or heavy handed with your touch, then your just as well of with the cheaper version as buying the expensive one isn't gonna make a difference. I see a lot of kids these days starting out on guitar thinking higher quality equipment is going to some how make them a better player and it just ends up being a waste of money.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Buying a tom delonge guitar and being interested in a good guitar to play are two different things.

They look cool, have a nostalgic feel and a high output. If you are interested in a good instrument to play yourself there are loads of better and more versatile guitars for a better price

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neal said:

Buying a tom delonge guitar and being interested in a good guitar to play are two different things.

They look cool, have a nostalgic feel and a high output. If you are interested in a good instrument to play yourself there are loads of better and more versatile guitars for a better price

The strat is one of the best playing guitars I've ever felt.  If someone is interested in playing jazz I doubt they'll be wanting that guitar anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The strat is one of the best playing guitars I've ever felt.  If someone is interested in playing jazz I doubt they'll be wanting that guitar anyway.

Lol what is it with you and jazz all the time?insecure much? I'm not into jazz at all...

It's a cool guitar, but i'd choose a standard tele for  punk/rock stuff over the td fender every time.... Tom himself didnt even use those guitars to record the albums.

Its a fucking rad looking guitar and it plays great. I'll never sell mine, but if you have money to spend on a guitar, paying 2k for the tom fender is a decision only reasonable for a fanboy. Nothing wrong with that either, just saying that there are better guitars avilable for that price

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Lol what is it with you and jazz all the time?insecure much? I'm not into jazz at all...

It's a cool guitar, but i'd choose a standard tele for  punk/rock stuff over the td fender every time.... Tom himself didnt even use those guitars to record the albums.

Its a fucking rad looking guitar and it plays great. I'll never sell mine, but if you have money to spend on a guitar, paying 2k for the tom fender is a decision only reasonable for a fanboy. Nothing wrong with that either, just saying that there are better guitars avilable for that price

I was joking about the 2k....

Also I have a Fender American Telecaster...it sounds okay, but for anything with heavy distortion it's weak and lacks any punch because it wasn't built for that. 

They're all just tools in a toolbox.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

I was joking about the 2k....

Also I have a Fender American Telecaster...it sounds okay, but for anything with heavy distortion it's weak and lacks any punch because it wasn't built for that. 

They're all just tools in a toolbox.

I figured you were joking and I just meant in general for people to not buy them off the internet for that much. Knew you were a better man than that! lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I was joking about the 2k....

Also I have a Fender American Telecaster...it sounds okay, but for anything with heavy distortion it's weak and lacks any punch because it wasn't built for that. 

They're all just tools in a toolbox.

My main electric is a Nashville Deluxe body with a lollar BS Tele Bridge pickup sitting in a Joe Barden vintage plate and saddle, with an old standard tele neck neck since I liked the feel of it better. It played closer to a strat neck, added locking tuners with pearl knobs too for funnies. It handles distortion exceptionally well, better than my old SG with invaders did. It's thick but crisp and articulate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...