Controversial Blink Opinion

Scott.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, Speedo said:

I have a few that I've said elsewhere that got me some Trolliver crabs, so why not get some here.

1. I enjoy Neighborhoods far more than I enjoy Untitled.

2. I like Scott's drumming more than Travis' (not saying Scott is the better drummer)

3. Skiba is a great songwriter but a poor fit for Blink

4. Co-writers for a band like Blink is lame, I understood using them on California as it takes time for a band to find chemistry with new members but using them on Nine (as much as I enjoy some of the songs) felt like a copout.

5. Take Off Your Pants & Jacket is the best Blink album

6. I like Tom more than Mark, it's not even close.

7. Adam's Song sucks, it's a skip every time and always has been.

8. Bad things happen when Travis is given control over music ... Fallen Interlude, Yelawolf, Lil' Wayne ...

9. Box Car Racer didn't age well. 

10. "Mom & Dad, they quite don't understand it" is the worse line ever written by Tom.

Agree so much. Loved it when it came out, seems lame now. 

• Wow 1

• 2 months later...

With the benefit of hindsight, I’ve changed my rankings on Blink albums. California and Deluxe now reign supreme. They’re just very relatable and fun catchy albums that brought the band back to its roots. Sad to see Skiba potentially leaving the band as they were really hitting their stride as a cohesive unit. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, King of the Weekend said:

With the benefit of hindsight, I’ve changed my rankings on Blink albums. California and Deluxe now reign supreme. They’re just very relatable and fun catchy albums that brought the band back to its roots. Sad to see Skiba potentially leaving the band as they were really hitting their stride as a cohesive unit. 

They are catchy for a minute but get stale immediately after that and have zero authenticity behind them.

I do use them as guilty pleasures time to time, like some random Cali songs or some odd fuck Nine song like Ransom.  I just pretend they aren't blink.

They definitely need to rank at the bottom of Blink material, that is a requirement.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

They are catchy for a minute but get stale immediately after that and have zero authenticity behind them.

I do use them as guilty pleasures time to time, like some random Cali songs or some odd fuck Nine song like Ransom.  I just pretend they aren't blink.

They definitely need to rank at the bottom of Blink material, that is a requirement.

Stop being a dumb hater Jan. 

• Pickle 1

On 2/16/2022 at 5:01 PM, Champ182 said:

Haha true. Ok here's one that is kinda Blink related...

Even though I despise Feldmann's influence as Blink's producer and I think he's an obnoxious person, and Skiba seems fine, I enjoyed Goldfinger WAY more than Alkaline Trio back in the day and would still probably choose about 20 of their songs to listen to before Alk...

giphy.gif

Oh Goldfinger is for sure a billion times better than the wannabe edge lords AK3 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Crab 5

I definitely hold Goldfinger in a higher light than Alk3, and I'm neither a big fan of John Feldmann or Skiba at this point.

Not by a ton, but in their prime Goldfinger were pretty impactful.

Hang Ups, Stomping Ground, Open Your Eyes

Here in your Bedroom, Superman, 99 Red Balloons

They did more I'm sorry. Totally different bands though, hard to compare.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1

3 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Dude Ranch has the more superior and introspective lyrics than Untitled, with some absolute belters thrown in for good measure.

To build off this, Kings of the Weekend is the most superior and introspective lyrics from their entire discography. I don’t know about you guys, but it’s also really relatable as Friday nights always save my life.

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1
  • Pickle 1

7 minutes ago, King of the Weekend said:

To build off this, Kings of the Weekend is the most superior and introspective lyrics from their entire discography. I don’t know about you guys, but it’s also really relatable as Friday nights always save my life.

Bro, have we met?

Yeah man, I get that : 'I feel dumb and long night coming' it hits different. I can see why it took 8 songwriters to concoct that poetry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Bro, have we met?

Yeah man, I get that : 'I feel dumb and long night coming' it hits different. I can see why it took 8 songwriters to concoct that poetry

Hey man I am Casey. Previously quit this place over a hamburger pickle. Am now apparently a q-anon member despite being a left leaning Canadian 

• Pickle 1