The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

8 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Matt Skiba was definitely the perfect fit. He came from another 3 man 2 vocalist band. Feldman obviously has a lot of control and his sound is cool, but for an actual member they needed Skiba. Can you imagine magazine photoshoots and concerts with crazy Feldman, the band would look ridiculous, he is such an old man

I could care less about photo shoots. They’re all old men. They look weird with Skiba and his balding combover 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

That’s not true at all dude. Go revisit all of their discography’s. Blink is much closer to goldfinger than they are to Ak3 

I don't need to dude I lived through that time.  Maybe sonically they were closer but that's not the point (also not really).  It'd be like you swapping friends at your University with another college guy at a University, versus swapping with an insurance salesman. 

20 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

I don't need to dude I lived through that time.  Maybe sonically they were closer but that's not the point (also not really).  It'd be like you swapping friends at your University with another college guy at a University, versus swapping with an insurance salesman. 

What? Not following your analogy lol

quarantine at home last night i was flipping channels and caught that MTV was having a flashback friday marathon, including a rebroadcast of the 2000 VMA's. i'm not sure how frequently this has been replayed (if ever, at least since that year), or if it's fully online. it was mostly a ridiculous shit-show of horrifying fashion and cringe performances (no surprises), but i watched it to get glimpses of blink from that time. there's little snippets on commercial breaks, and it's very bizarre to see mark/skye, tom/jen, and trav/melissa. i always thought tom looked very nervous in the last performance, or upset. my fan-fiction mind wants to point to it as the point he felt "over" fame, but he could've just been having a bad night. mark, on the other hand, is living it up. altogether, seeing the two of them eight years removed from playing in tom's garage to cajoling with the hottest celebrities of the time is a little sweet. it's kind of a tragedy mark and tom had a falling out... it's adorable to see how they cared for each other then.

though the little people stunts aged poorly, i'll say.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lost in reverie said:

Strange. I thought Matt was an important part when they wrote/recorded Nine.

I mean yeah i'm assuming Matt was just as important as all the hired-writers they brought in. At least it turned out fairly decent. For what it's worth I do really enjoy the hell out of Black Rain.

51 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

He's 5 years older, that's not much. It's the same age difference as the Gallagher brothers even, not weird at all

He's 8 years older than Travis, Skiba, and Tom.  4 years older than Mark but Mark was always the old one of the group. 

It'd be pretty jarring.  I think sonically it'd be weird too.  The only reason I'd only ever consider him is because he'd be more fun and controversial on stage than Skiba.

10 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

He's 8 years older than Travis, Skiba, and Tom.  4 years older than Mark but Mark was always the old one of the group. 

It'd be pretty jarring.  I think sonically it'd be weird too.  The only reason I'd only ever consider him is because he'd be more fun and controversial on stage than Skiba.

They’re all old, who the fuck cares?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

They’re all old, who the fuck cares?

It's Blink 182 not The Grateful Dead. Imagine Feldmann performing Tom songs, just imagine it.  I can't tell if you guys are serious.

I liked the Knife but at no point did I think "dang, I wish he was playing in blink" the band is just dead adding Feldmann is just another step backwards 

2 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

It's Blink 182 not The Grateful Dead. Imagine Feldmann performing Tom songs, just imagine it.  I can't tell if you guys are serious.

I liked the Knife but at no point did I think "dang, I wish he was playing in blink" the band is just dead adding Feldmann is just another step backwards 

I just don’t understand what you have against older people?

Offspring’s killing it, the age of the members: 46, 52, 54 & 57. 
Bad Religion’s killing it, the age of the members: 45, 52, 55, 55, 56 & 58. 
NOFX’s killing it, the age of the members: 53, 53, 53 & 54.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I just don’t understand what you have against older people?

Offspring’s killing it, the age of the members: 46, 52, 54 & 57. 
Bad Religion’s killing it, the age of the members: 45, 52, 55, 55, 56 & 58. 
NOFX’s killing it, the age of the members: 53, 53, 53 & 54.

Because Blink is singing about teenage satellites.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Because Blink is singing about teenage satellites.

hate to say it, but yea. the reason that bands like bad religion and the descendents continue to fill theaters and halls with fans their own age is because they write songs whose perspectives have aged as the band has. BR sings about culture and politics (which has no shelf life) and the descendents sing about living with their wives and raising their kids and almost dying of a brain aneurysm, not chasing girls.

• Like 2