Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

20 minutes ago, Neal said:

I havent listend to nine since it came out. Decided to give it a spin yesterday. Half way in the first time i skipped, and i ended up skipping through until run away and decided to turn it off. The record aged terribly for me, and i'll probably never listen to it again.

I removed blame it on my youth and that awful song that we only got the ending of that sounds like a demo (which I forgot the name of), and that made it a great album to me at least. That along with a slightly different song order made all the difference and no skipping necessary in my case 

I really liked this one from the start though

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Sounds like you never really planned on giving it a fair chance this time around.

Could be. I think it's just really not my cup of tea anymore stylewise

Happy Days is almost a good song but the chorus lyrics/title are just so bizarrely bad that it's almost like they were placeholders they forgot to replace. "I wanna feel Happy Days"??

I'm not sure whether people outside the US know the old tv show Happy Days but here in the US that is the ONLY thing that comes to mind when you hear that phrase. It's pure cheese from the 1970s but Fonzie and the gang are such a cultural touchstone from being insanely popular at the time and then being on constant reruns for 4 decades that, for me anyway, I have never NOT thought of that tv show when I hear the song hahah. It would've been so easy to put a more meaningful phrase into the lyrics.

(Not to mention the fact that "I wanna feel happy days" is just a lame sounding line to repeat over and over anyway. The rest of the song deserved better.)

91wbsZa2btL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Happy Days is almost a good song but the chorus lyrics/title are just so bizarrely bad that it's almost like they were placeholders they forgot to replace. "I wanna feel Happy Days"??

I'm not sure whether people outside the US know the old tv show Happy Days but here in the US that is the ONLY thing that comes to mind when you hear that phrase. It's pure cheese from the 1970s but Fonzie and the gang are such a cultural touchstone from being insanely popular at the time and then being on constant reruns for 4 decades that, for me anyway, I have never NOT thought of that tv show when I hear the song hahah. It would've been so easy to put a more meaningful phrase into the lyrics.

(Not to mention the fact that "I wanna feel happy days" is just a lame sounding line to repeat over and over anyway. The rest of the song deserved better.)

91wbsZa2btL._SL1500_.jpg

Have never understood the hate for Happy Days, classic Mark song that I've enjoyed since the first listen. Fairly raw with super personal and honest lyrics, and I like the simplicity/statement of the chorus... I want to feel happy days. It's clever and powerful,  dope bridge and Trav also crushes that song. It's not one I find myself going out of my way to listen to often, but as I constantly listen to First Time and Heaven, I never skip it in between.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Have never understood the hate for Happy Days, classic Mark song that I've enjoyed since the first listen. Fairly raw with super personal and honest lyrics, and I like the simplicity/statement of the chorus... I want to feel happy days. It's clever and powerful,  dope bridge and Trav also crushes that song. It's not one I find myself going out of my way to listen to often, but as I constantly listen to First Time and Heaven, I never skip it in between.

It sounds like a mid life crisis.

It's not the worst song on the record though. 

23 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

It sounds like a mid life crisis.

It's not the worst song on the record though. 

Instrumentally it could be a +44 song imo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Instrumentally it could be a +44 song imo

No chance. Way too cheesy/upbeat.  I can kind of see the relation to Baby Come On, very slightly.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

No chance. Way too cheesy/upbeat.  I can kind of see the relation to Baby Come On, very slightly.  

So what you're saying is that there's no chance, but you can kind of see it? You should become a politician 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

So what you're saying is that there's no chance, but you can kind of see it? You should become a politician 

She would be less annoying than AOC!

Boom, @Ghent! I'm throwing jabs, lol.

16 minutes ago, Speedo said:

She would be less annoying than AOC!

Boom, @Ghent! I'm throwing jabs, lol.

AOC isn't annoying. You just don't like her because she's a woman, she's smart, she's brown, and she's a scary liberal. Trumpers do not approve of such things :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

AOC isn't annoying. You just don't like her because she's a woman, she's smart, she's brown, and she's a scary liberal. Trumpers do not approve of such things :)

I don't care that she's brown!

39 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

The tone is no where familiar, the only thing you can slightly pull from it is the guitar notes used from Baby Come On.  But thanks, I tried to be nice.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I definitely don't hate it, but "I wanna feel happy days" hits me in the same way as Tom's "I think I like today, I think it's good"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've always loved Happy Days. Felt like the most blink song on the album. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I also really enjoy Happy Days. Great song and the video made it even better, which is rare for me.

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

"I wanna feel happy days" hits me in the same way as Tom's "I think I like today, I think it's good"

Yes. 1000% this. 

• Like 1

The last chorus of happy days is great. The rest are very boring. Don’t understand why they didn’t use that throughout the song

On 5/18/2020 at 2:54 AM, Neal said:

I havent listend to nine since it came out. Decided to give it a spin yesterday. Half way in the first time i skipped, and i ended up skipping through until run away and decided to turn it off. The record aged terribly for me, and i'll probably never listen to it again.

I agree. There's only maybe 2-3 songs I think are ok. I actually like California more.