The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

21 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't remember where but I thought I read here that people were saying John Feldmann isn't involved with blink-182 anymore. Maybe I dreamed that. I don't know.

But what I DO know is that I just listened to a Star Wars podcast that he was a guest on and he said blink-182 and The Fever are his two main projects right now. The podcast was from last week, so it's current. he didn't go into more detail than that, but blink-182 is one of his main focuses currently.

He did an interview like, a week ago about working with them right now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Is he a big Star Wars fan? I've got more respect for him now.

He's gotta push Mark for a follow-up to A New Hope! Cmon Feldy

Still being a Star Wars fan after 2015?

After they took something that was sorta cool and made it lame, formulaeic and plastic? Doesn't sound like something Feldmann would be into.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

is it rare for someone to be a star wars fan? 

Didin't say it was rare - just if he was invited to a podcast dedicated to it, I can assume he's in quite deep!

@thongrider  😬, hahaha yeah - welcome to the blink sequel trilogy. Feldmann is  Snoke

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Is he a big Star Wars fan? I've got more respect for him now.

He's gotta push Mark for a follow-up to A New Hope! Cmon Feldy

Apparently! He saw the original movie in the theater as a kid when it came out.

the podcast is called Thank The Maker and its three hosts are members of Yellowcard, Story of the Year, and Bayside. Kind of fun mix of two of my fandoms.

And yes at the very least blink should play A New Hope live!

• Wow 1

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Apparently! He saw the original movie in the theater as a kid when it came out.

the podcast is called Thank The Maker and its three hosts are members of Yellowcard, Story of the Year, and Bayside. Kind of fun mix of two of my fandoms.

And yes at the very least blink should play A New Hope live!

Whaaaat. How have I never heard of this! That's a crazy set up for a podcast. I love it when two worlds kinda combine/collide like that. I normally go for Coffee With Kenobi or Wampas Lair, the amount of Star Wars pods out there is fucking crazy.

Drinking colt 45 with Lando, imagine the scenes 

10 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Whaaaat. How have I never heard of this! That's a crazy set up for a podcast. I love it when two worlds kinda combine/collide like that. I normally go for Coffee With Kenobi or Wampas Lair, the amount of Star Wars pods out there is fucking crazy.

Drinking colt 45 with Lando, imagine the scenes 

It's a fairly new podcast, just started a few months ago I think. Kind of cool because they get guests from the music industry or guests who have worked on Star Wars in some capacity, so it's a fun combo. Sometimes a member from a band I like will be on and sometimes an actor from Star Wars will be on. It's Ryan Key of Yellowcard, Adam Russell of Story of the Year, and Nick Ghanbarian of Bayside. I remember seeing Bayside last year (maybe two years ago) and Nick was wearing an Ahsoka Tano Star Wars shirt which I thought was cool haha. And yeah the amount of SW podcasts out there is completely overwhelming.

Anyway getting a bit off topic now but it was fun to listen to Feldy talk about Star Wars for a bit. I really like him as a person. I'm not in love with his contributions to blink-182, but John Feldmann seems like a really fun, cool guy to me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

all i was saying is that 500k copies of a CD is a laughably large amount to be considered "limited" in comparison to a 2500 vinyl pressing.

for the year 2000, i can see how that could sell out quickly when it was one of the only ways to hear it and the band was bigger than ever. i struggled to find a copy for myself for many years and i was searching for one in stores as far back as 2002. you shouldn't have been surprised about not finding one in 2008, though. CDs were dead by then and i'm sure most of blink's back catalog was no longer in print, just whatever was left in stock was still available to buy. 

I wasn't saying it was nearly as small of a limited run, but a limited run is a limited run no matter how you slice it.  And in recent years it's been repressed to physical media again, notably for the first time, vinyl.  If something like that can get reprinted, I don't see why Dogs Eating Dogs has to be restricted to only its initial run here either.  I'd be shocked if it hasn't been reprinted again within the next 5 years.

I believe what we know about Feldmann and Nine is that they went back into the studio with him and did a full album session following california. The band thought what came out of it was repetitive so they worked with a bunch of producers and about a third of the Feldmann work actually made it on the album.

The assumption is I think that he was salty about all of that which is why he didn’t really promote Nine at all. Except for when any of the songs he produced would come out. But he seems over it now that he’s working with them again

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I believe what we know about Feldmann and Nine is that they went back into the studio with him and did a full album session following california. The band thought what came out of it was repetitive so they worked with a bunch of producers and about a third of the Feldmann work actually made it on the album.

The assumption is I think that he was salty about all of that which is why he didn’t really promote Nine at all. Except for when any of the songs he produced would come out. But he seems over it now that he’s working with them again

I'm sure the paycheck doesn't hurt either.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, Ry-Bread said:

A 10” Vinyl /500 and perhaps some related merch are dropping in 42 minutes. First physical release.

Fuck, it's all gone while I took a nap before work. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Anyways, just popping in to say my 14-year old kid told me yesterday his favorite blink album is Dude Ranch. That's even more punk than me (Untitled is my favorite). My work here is done.

• Like 6

On 7/2/2020 at 8:44 PM, NotNow said:

Sounds about right 

Alright it's been over a month, where the heck is that Quarantine song?  Anxious to hear it.

This is a random aside, but do you guys kinda get the feeling that Mark and Tom are responding to each other responding to the state of the world?  Like first blink do that great video for Happy Days, then Tom releases All That's Left is Love, and next blink are releasing Quarantine, it kinda feels like they're trying to outdo each other.  I mean I'm sure that isn't the case, but it just kinda feels like it.

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Alright it's been over a month, where the heck is that Quarantine song?  Anxious to hear it.

This is a random aside, but do you guys kinda get the feeling that Mark and Tom are responding to each other responding to the state of the world?  Like first blink do that great video for Happy Days, then Tom releases All That's Left is Love, and next blink are releasing Quarantine, it kinda feels like they're trying to outdo each other.  I mean I'm sure that isn't the case, but it just kinda feels like it.

I think no? Releases are too spaced out to be competing, the videos are nothing alike, and blink are big enough not to need shit like that while Tom is too self involved to notice what blinks doing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Neal said:

poor skiba, has to constantly lie to his fans to cover for the rest of the band

It's like all those times after the reunion when Mark used to cover for Tom all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1