The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

from this video you’d say Mark was the frontman, look at his confidence. Scott is so sick of their shit, he even tells Tom at 4mins “come on Tom, enough” 😂 I bet being around those two all day was exhausting I bet they were both fucking arseholes too let’s be honest. 

Oh I always think of this interview as peak "I bet they were knobs" material.

Bet they were annoying as fuck haha

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

Oh I always think of this interview as peak "I bet they were knobs" material.

Bet they were annoying as fuck haha

I know they’re young lads here but fucking hell it’s like have a day off 😂 I can’t stand people who are jokey all the time, i get Scott’s eyerolls, it’s like can you just answer the question like a normal fucking human being for once. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm quite gay and I've never been attracted to any of them, so, no. I think it's memory vs memory which is a stupid argument, I was merely saying that from my memory he was marketed as the "hot" one in some circles and therefore the assumed lead for those not fully versed in their material. I'm not saying I believe that or that it was the truth, just how it appeared from my perspective at that time. 

I know that you’re gay but I’ve also seen you mention you thought certain boys were cute at certain points in your life, which is why I made that comment 

2 hours ago, bobbo11290 said:

VERY interesting about Mark’s comments on what could’ve been Pop Disaster 2. Because I remember getting major PD vibes from the “Hella Mega Tour” with Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and Weezer that was supposed to happen this year. I thought back when it was announced that it was almost down right odd that they (whoever “they” are, seems like Green Day are holding the reigns for this tour) didn’t pick blink instead of Weezer. To the point it felt pretty deliberate. I think most of us can agree that Blink, FOB, and Green Day are the most well known faces of the pop punk genre (to the general public at least), and it would’ve been a wet dream from a marketing stand point to have them all on one stadium tour.

Say what you want about recent blink, fuckin Lord knows I’m not a fan, but Weezer has been pure trash the last 15 years. And more importantly, just seem like an out of place, odd duck choice to have instead of blink. Basically having 2 of the 3 biggest names in pop punk, and deliberately shunning the third, because...reasons? Is there some animosity from Green Day’s end? Seems FOB and blink’s camps get along just fine, so I don’t think it’s them. Maybe a scheduling issue? But what did blink really have going on during this time that could’ve prevented them from doing this tour? They had nothing on the books for a Nine tour this summer, and doing this tour only could’ve helped.

And now hearing Mark say that Green Day rejected a proposal to a very similar tour they were more than willing to do now, and not inviting blink for the ride seems suspect IMO...

Sorry but Weezer is probably bigger than blink these days. It’s not like a true blink-182 exists either. I think Weezer was the better choice for that tour. FOB was the worst choice, as they have sucked balls since day 1.

41 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Don't let her fool you, she is bisexual.

It's why I said "quite" lol but yeah, I still didn't find any boys attractive at that age. I wasn't attracted to a guy until I was like 17.

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Sorry but Weezer is probably bigger than blink these days. It’s not like a true blink-182 exists either. I think Weezer was the better choice for that tour. FOB was the worst choice, as they have sucked balls since day 1.

FOB are bigger than all of them at this point. They do suck but they're reach is kinda terrifying. 

47 minutes ago, Kay said:

FOB are bigger than all of them at this point. They do suck but they're reach is kinda terrifying. 

You’re probably right. I’m so out of touch with popular music, and I don’t really know anyone that’s into Fall Out Boy, or at least their current music. I’m also an old man so what do I know lol

• Haha 2

FOB are a very interesting band -- they fall in the same grouping in my mind as bands like aerosmith, which have been around an absurdly long time and never had a lineup change, despite a drastic change in style. the hate for them is something i've never totally understood. TTTYG is an all-timer pop punk album, alongside FUTCT. later stuff like mania is pretty tragic, admittedly, and the transparent attempt to remain relevant through jock jams (my songs, centuries) is unfortunate.

but they're WAY over-hated. stump is a great guy and powerhouse vocalist, and the rest of the band holds their weight, save for wentz, who is kind of a love-him-or-hate-him guy

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, boxelder said:

FOB are a very interesting band -- they fall in the same grouping in my mind as bands like aerosmith, which have been around an absurdly long time and never had a lineup change, despite a drastic change in style. the hate for them is something i've never totally understood. TTTYG is an all-timer pop punk album, alongside FUTCT. later stuff like mania is pretty tragic, admittedly, and the transparent attempt to remain relevant through jock jams (my songs, centuries) is unfortunate.

but they're WAY over-hated. stump is a great guy and powerhouse vocalist, and the rest of the band holds their weight, save for wentz, who is kind of a love-him-or-hate-him guy

They deserve all the hate. Fuck them

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Blink still has a bigger nostalgic factor within pop punk than Weezer ever did. And that seems to be the realm of this tour had Weezer not been invited. As much as I’m not a fan of California, it outsold even Revolution Radio (released the same year) going gold, and had a single that went gold, which is a pretty big deal for a band of a dead genre (in terms of current trends).

in the last 15 years, the most relevant thing Weezer has done was a cover of a god awful song.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

And fuck their stupid ass long song titles and everyone who thought they were ever clever for them.

Those were lame, but they had a small early stretch where they were at least interesting.  Stuff like Dance Dance was at least something new-ish and good for what it was (not my favorite).

Their recent resurgance and sell out years are absolutely awful though. Centuries is the worst song in existence.

24 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

And fuck their stupid ass long song titles and everyone who thought they were ever clever for them.

That didn't start with FOB, emo was doing that before they did. 

I don't hate all of FOB, Infinity On High is probably their last semi tolerable release to me. I've never been a big fan, and Stumps voice is mostly irritating but I am not FOB = The Devil. I haven't liked anything since IOH though, it all sounds obnoxious now. 

Objectively though, the popularity of Cork Tree and IOH alone cemented their place in pop punk under only Green Day and Blink. If you’d take a survey of the biggest bands in the genre, you’d most likely get those three. Hence why it would make the most sense to have those three as the headliners. And why it’s shocking blink got shunned like village whores despite proposing a very similar tour two years ago

I’m not a fan of FOB, and don’t quite “get” their appeal, but it’s one of those things where it just is what it is.