One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Hey i'm sorry has great verses and a great pre-chorus but can't stand the chorus of it

I like the choruses but not the verses lol 

• Haha 1

Oh I forgot I like Ransom. The first half is better than the second imo. I love that auto tune shit when it’s done good and it’s a vibe, the ending is ok but again it’s a bit cringe, over the top faux punk shite. Ransom and San Diego probably the tracks I enjoy most out of the new records. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dylan_ said:

Tom could fart into the toilet bowl and release it as a blink clip and Reddit fans would be saying it’s going to be a masterpiece. Those guys are delusional lol 

fixed for you lol.  Travis isn't the most beloved over there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Too short to make any judgements, but Travis drums just sound like shit to me. 

Everything just seems electronicy overly loud banger in the lines of Parking Lot (the pinnacle of this).  It's not good. 

I truly thought he was the best drummer at this time:

I get it might just be the style currently,  but we really got spoiled by what Travis is capable of on neighborhoods/DED.

Also, not freaking out just because this clip. Just based on all we've been hearing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Too short to make any judgements, but Travis drums just sound like shit to me. 

Everything just seems electronicy overly loud banger in the lines of Parking Lot (the pinnacle of this).  It's not good. 

I truly thought he was the best drummer at this time:

I get it might just be the style currently,  but we really got spoiled by what Travis is capable of on neighborhoods/DED.

Also, not freaking out just because this clip. Just based on all we've been hearing. 

I didn't want to say it, but you're right. I just hope the guitars that come in after the cowbells don't have the plastic/AI generated guitar sound of the Skiba era. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I didn't want to say it, but you're right. I just hope the guitars that come in after the cowbells don't have the plastic/AI generated guitar sound of the Skiba era. 

Unfortunately, I think this is all we are going to get. Edging is the proof in the pudding. They don’t even use real amps anymore. Simulators are fine and all for dudes on YouTube, but I’ll never respect artists with the budget blink has to be going cheap with everything. To me, it’s just not rock n roll when you’re plugging into a computer instead of a real amp. I know others don’t feel that way and that’s fine. We’ll just have to take what we can get and appreciate some catchy, cheesy songs. At the concert, I’ll be so drunk that I don’t notice the backing tracks and I’ll just party like it’s 1999. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FAP said:

He has always had a great pick slide! That bastard 

*written by 7 different songwriting teams and Kevin Thrasher actually scraped the pick while Tom held the guitar for most songwriting credits*

• Haha 1

Just now, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

*written by 7 different songwriting teams and Kevin Thrasher actually scraped the pick while Tom held the guitar for most songwriting credits*

Now you’re starting to get it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FAP said:

Unfortunately, I think this is all we are going to get. Edging is the proof in the pudding. They don’t even use real amps anymore. Simulators are fine and all for dudes on YouTube, but I’ll never respect artists with the budget blink has to be going cheap with everything. To me, it’s just not rock n roll when you’re plugging into a computer instead of a real amp. I know others don’t feel that way and that’s fine 

I would agree with this.  I don't understand how people don't tell the difference.  The problem is not so much recording to simulators, but they seem way too tempted to tamper with it and make it sound more and more computerized. 

It won't ruin every song but makes a 10/10 song a 9/10 for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

I would agree with this.  I don't understand how people don't tell the difference.  The problem is not so much recording to simulators, but they seem way too tempted to tamper with it and make it sound more and more computerized. 

It won't ruin every song but makes a 10/10 song a 9/10 for me.

Yea and Tom still has a warehouse full of amps. I’m sure Mark does too. It’s just lazy, and there is a difference. There’s a huge difference live from using kemper or real amps as well, despite what they will tell you 

• Like 2

• Russel Coight changed the title to One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion