Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Those videos are awesome. Not many Blink shows anymore where you can get that close to the stage!

I'm pretty sure a girl jumped onto the stage during the show and Mark told security not to throw her out.

Just stumbled across this, haven't watched it in years. It's a damn shame tom had to drink himself to death to put on a good performance and look like he was having fun up there. I remember him saying he didn't even remember most of this afterwards. 

What a time this was for us as fans. We just got our favorite band back and they had all the potential in the world. I'm the #1 fan of skiba and the current setup, but of course I wish tom would have magically got himself together and "made blink great again". Such a shame 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bennett said:

Just stumbled across this, haven't watched it in years. It's a damn shame tom had to drink himself to death to put on a good performance and look like he was having fun up there. I remember him saying he didn't even remember most of this afterwards. 

What a time this was for us as fans. We just got our favorite band back and they had all the potential in the world. I'm the #1 fan of skiba and the current setup, but of course I wish tom would have magically got himself together and "made blink great again". Such a shame 

Wow, I don't think I've watched this since the day after it happened. What a fucking bummer watching it now. I think that's the best stage presence Tom ever had post-reunion (even though he was clearly hammered). I think Tom genuinely really missed blink-182, and was super excited to be playing with them again. Just the amount of times he said "Hey Mark!" just like in the good ol' days (and Mark ignored him every time haha), it seemed like he was so happy to be back. Very sad that it all went downhill so damn fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bennett said:

goddamn. and they sucked just days later on leno, and it was all downhill from there. this was definitely the most energetic he was during the entire reunion, sad to say

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Wow, I don't think I've watched this since the day after it happened. What a fucking bummer watching it now. I think that's the best stage presence Tom ever had post-reunion (even though he was clearly hammered). I think Tom genuinely really missed blink-182, and was super excited to be playing with them again. Just the amount of times he said "Hey Mark!" just like in the good ol' days (and Mark ignored him every time haha), it seemed like he was so happy to be back. Very sad that it all went downhill so damn fast.

Sad to see this. Honestly, despite all Tom's flaws and issues that led to him not being in blink anymore, I do think there's truth to what he's said about he couldn't get invested in blink again without the friendships mended. I always got the vibe he really wanted to be tight with Mark again and Mark didn't really give it a chance from day one. Tom dug his own grave aside from that, but I always got the vibe Mark was the reason their friendship never healed.

these comments are epic 

Why couldnt he just stay this way? why did he have to become a fat, not-giving-a-fuck, disturbed, whale noises making fuckhead?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nyyfan6336 said:

I know this is off topic don't know where else to put this. I was searching blink live sets on youtube came across this... I think this is the best crowd I've ever seen at a blink show and they deserve some props

Ridiculous my brother was there so jealous lol

I was there, front row. Last Blink show with Tom I ever saw. And I can attest to out of the 60+ shows I've seen, it was by far the craziest crowd ever. They tore the place apart. The video doesn't even do it justice. It was actually to much for me and there were a couple times where I almost gave up because I was being kicked in the head, hit, and could not breath. Mark totally played off the energy. Tom didn't.

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Holy shit!! Never seen that. Most energy I've ever seen Tom have.

He is so fucking drunk though.

35 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Holy shit!! Never seen that. Most energy I've ever seen Tom have.

He is so fucking drunk though.

More entertaining than any blink with Matt Skiba video I've seen. Sounds pretty good too.

Real shame he couldn't make blink his number 1 priority.

#tombot

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

More entertaining than any blink with Matt Skiba video I've seen. Sounds pretty good too.

Real shame he couldn't make blink his number 1 priority.

#tombot

I don't think that saying you wish pre 2005 Tom would come back is being a Tombot. I think every sane Blink fan would love that. Perhaps even a 2009 fully committed Tom would be good.

But the fact is; that simply doesn't exist and really is not even a possibility.

• Like 1

Just now, Olidamus said:

I don't think that saying you wish pre 2005 Tom would come back is being a Tombot. I think every sane Blink fan would love that. Perhaps even a 2009 fully committed Tom would be good.

But the fact is; that simply doesn't exist and really is not ever a possibility.

It's incredibly frustrating seeing blink being a shadow of what it could be, would love Tom to wake up but I highly doubt it'll ever happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

It's incredibly frustrating seeing blink being a shadow of what it could be

Boom. Nailed it!

• Like 1

do you guys realize how weird it is to say "I hope some day tom can be who he was 13 years ago again"

nobody can be who they were in the past. life doesn't work like that at all lol. I couldn't be who I was 4 years ago even if I tried. 

• Like 2

It depends. If your "me" of today is a natura evolution of your past "me", is impossibe to go back in time to the person you were back in the day. But if the "me" of today is the result of a bad management of a personal situations or a bad managenet of a kind of midlife crysis, I guess you can put your "me" back on track.

3 hours ago, Kevin. said:

do you guys realize how weird it is to say "I hope some day tom can be who he was 13 years ago again"

nobody can be who they were in the past. life doesn't work like that at all lol. I couldn't be who I was 4 years ago even if I tried. 

That's a good thing to be honest, you were disgustingly emo. 

3 hours ago, Kevin. said:

Haha I hear you, but with Tom it's just so tempting to think that way because he went through such a HUUUUGE personality change. It still seems unnatural, even though he's been "New Tom" for a very long time now haha.

2 hours ago, Poet Danderson said:

That's a good thing to be honest, you were disgustingly emo. 

that was eight years ago. when I was 14. when kids are 14 they do dumb shit. get over it. you listen to bring me the horizon and they dressed far worse than I did and they were much older than me at the time.

do you always go around mocking adults for how they looked when they were freshmen in high school? pretty pathetic tbh

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

that was eight years ago. when I was 14. when kids are 14 they do dumb shit. get over it. you listen to bring me the horizon and they dressed far worse than I did and they were much older than me at the time.

do you always go around mocking adults for how they looked when they were freshmen in high school? pretty pathetic tbh

He likes to mock me for being 29 and posting here too much. While he's 28 and posts here too much.

He also likes to make fun of people for liking blink too much, as he prances around making awkward posts pining for Tom Deonge.

I appreciate his troll efforts, but sometimes I wonder if he's actually trolling or if he's just a grumpy tombot ass hole.

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He likes to mock me for being 29 and posting here too much. While he's 28 and posts here too much.

He also likes to make fun of people for liking blink too much, as he prances around making awkward posts pining for Tom Deonge.

I appreciate his troll efforts, but sometimes I wonder if he's actually trolling or if he's just a grumpy tombot ass hole.

I like to think he's just Hodor reincarnated 

13244897_10156894050985641_7496610889147nam