Side Project Song Election - I-Empire

yodda

Let's keep this mediocre album run going!
I-Empire actually has some good stuff - an improvement from the last I'd say

The way it works is you all post the song you like the least from the list of songs and each day I eliminate the song with the most votes.

In other words
The rule is vote for the song you like the least every day and eventually the most popular one will remain.

Then we can determine what is sort of the overall most agreeable song off I-Empire...

Here are the songs of I-Empire:

Call to Arms
Everything's Magic
Breathe
Love Like Rockets
Sirens
Secret Crowds
Star of Bethlehem
True Love
Lifeline
Jumping Rooftops
Rite of Spring
Heaven

Jumping Rooftops

Am I remembering correctly that the first half of this album was somehow released or leaked early? I remember my friend who lived next to me in the dorms playing those 6 songs over and over when we were hanging out and I remember each one well, but I'm not sure I've ever listened to the second half of the album haha. I can't remember the exact circumstances behind that though.

Anyway, I'll listen to the entire thing before voting.

28 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Am I remembering correctly that the first half of this album was somehow released or leaked early? I remember my friend who lived next to me in the dorms playing those 6 songs over and over when we were hanging out and I remember each one well, but I'm not sure I've ever listened to the second half of the album haha. I can't remember the exact circumstances behind that though.

iirc at some secret show atom played some of the new songs from his iPod and a kid recorded them and posted them online.

I think it was secret crowds, star of bethlehem/true love (which they played live before the release), sirens and some other song. 

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

iirc at some secret show atom played some of the new songs from his iPod and a kid recorded them and posted them online.

I think it was secret crowds, star of bethlehem/true love (which they played live before the release), sirens and some other song. 

Oh interesting. It wasn't that, but maybe my friend just only liked the first half of the album haha. I was too far off the Tom train at that point to really mind, although I did think some of those songs were better than I expected after not liking WDNTW.

7 hours ago, Champ182 said:

There was definitely like 4-5 songs released as some teaser cd or something. Not sure how official it was but I definitely downloaded it off punk disasters. Pretty sure monkey_boy was the one to release it now that my memory is jogging a little.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

I had to re listen to this one.

Takeaways:

-Tom writes really good intros, or annoyingly long ones.

-Tom's voice drop

-There's 2 interludes.

-Songs are too long.

-SC, Sirens, Magic are great and the rest is a drag

Breathe

I 100% agree on the intro comment and the interlude comment. The interludes were done for padding. Jumping rooftops would’ve  taken all of about 5 mins to record and Star of Bethlehem and true love were totally just one song he split in two to make the record have more tracks. I can’t remember if we got a studio version before the album released but when he started playing it live before the release it was always just called star of bethlehem and then Tom split it.

24 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

There was definitely like 4-5 songs released as some teaser cd or something. Not sure how official it was but I definitely downloaded it off punk disasters. Pretty sure monkey_boy was the one to release it now that my memory is jogging a little.

Ok glad I'm not insane haha

8 hours ago, Neal said:

I think it was Famous Burro who recorded and leaked the songs.

• Like 2