Jump to content
 

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (9) Saves the Day vs (24) Neck Deep


Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (9) Saves the Day vs (24) Neck Deep  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Saves the Day vs Neck Deep

    • (9) Saves the Day
    • (24) Neck Deep

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/21 at 08:30 PM

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Bro, listen to Saves the Day.

Through being cool is a classic, surprised more haven't heard it.

they were never really big here in europe so it might be why some people like bagel or maddy have never heard of them  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never listened to either of the bands ... soooo ... Saves The Day.

@Elisa@Yang Gang was Punk Rock Okay...I'm backing this. Gives me an American Pie vibe, they're playing a house party...I can get onboard with this. Saves The fucken Day it is!

this may be worse than the whole "lizard people exist" thing

7 minutes ago, Elisa said:

they were never really big here in europe so it might be why some people like bagel or maddy have never heard of them  

I mean, I heard of them, but I'm older so maybe that's why. 

I think a lot of these arguments have age being a factor. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kay said:

I mean, I heard of them, but I'm older so maybe that's why. 

I think a lot of these arguments have age being a factor. 

Yeah, age for sure, but also the fact that bands from that era like Saves The Day, Brand New, TBS or MCS were pretty big in the UK but always played small shows in mainland Europe.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

@Elisa@Yang Gang was Punk Rock

Okay...I'm backing this. Gives me an American Pie vibe, they're playing a house party...I can get onboard with this. Saves The fucken Day it is!

Plus, the singer is clearly a midget and you don't want to be seen as someone who goes against those with disabilities. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

@Elisa@Yang Gang was Punk Rock

Okay...I'm backing this. Gives me an American Pie vibe, they're playing a house party...I can get onboard with this. Saves The fucken Day it is!

Yes! Listen to this one too, their fast songs are fantastic: 

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Plus, the singer is clearly a midget and you don't want to be seen as someone who goes against those with disabilities. 

Aren't you like 5'8"?  I'd rather be a midget and go all the way than half ass it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yang Gang was Punk Rock said:

Aren't you like 5'8"?  I'd rather be a midget and go all the way than half ass it.

I'm just as God made me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, age for sure, but also the fact that bands from that era like Saves The Day, Brand New, TBS or MCS were pretty big in the UK but always played small shows in mainland Europe.

Totally! I have to actively look for these kind of bands to find them. Lots of them have slipped under my radar. Most people I know have barely even heard of blink

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slevin Seconds said:

I've never listened to either of the bands ... soooo ... Saves The Day.

Lol exactly what I did 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd never heard Saves The Day before, barely heard Neck Deep either but heard of them so I did a YouTube search on both. I listened (scammed) through the two top songs from Neck Deep and I can't stand his voice. 

The first song from Saves The Day was Shoulder To The Wheel and that was awesome, even made it to my playlist. It reminds me of another band but I can't put my finger on it and it drives me crazy.

I'll be voting Saves The Day.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kay said:

I mean, I heard of them, but I'm older so maybe that's why. 

I think a lot of these arguments have age being a factor. 

wasn't saves the day a 2002 thing?

Signorina elisa is right though, these guys played tiny shows in (mainland? is that even a thing still?) europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

don't really listen to either, but I've seen both live as openers for other bands and Saves the Day had the worst stage presence of any band I've ever seen. They all stood still the whole time and they never talked to the crowd. I could have just been listening to a CD, it was so boring.

So Neck Deep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Depf said:

wasn't saves the day a 2002 thing?

Signorina elisa is right though, these guys played tiny shows in (mainland? is that even a thing still?) europe.

Only reason I ever heard of Saves the Day was because they were openers on the Pop Disaster Tour 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Machine Gun Smelly said:

Only reason I ever heard of Saves the Day was because they were openers on the Pop Disaster Tour 

Were they? I don't remember them ... I thought it was Taking Back Sunday ... maybe they just weren't at my show. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

never listened to Saves the Day before now. Ryan Key from Yellowcard has mentioned them as an influence, which you can clearly hear in his first album with them

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...