Jump to content
 
Snowflake Oliver

The Tom Delonge Thread

Recommended Posts

On 11/2/2019 at 6:38 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Part 2 of a great interview with Aaron Rubin, this has tons of cool insight about Tom/AVA and even some blink in there. I didn’t realize he recorded Tom’s stuff for DED and would send it over to Chris Holmes. He also said they have 3 songs done, and that Rebel Girl/K&T were miles ahead of the third and they may scrap it or revisit at this point. 
 

He kinda talked about the blink breakup/Demos era a tad, said “When Mark/Trav told Tom he was out.”, and also alluded to how hard it is to get Tom to get stuff done in the studio. He even kinda gets in to how he told Tom AVA was being infused in Neighborhoods, and to separate the music from the book stuff lol.

 

does part 1 have any Tom/AVA?Blink related stuff in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

does part 1 have any Tom/AVA?Blink related stuff in it?

Don’t recall any blink but plenty of Tom/AVA. Def worth a listen, Ilan’s recent interview on that Blink-180 Dudes podcast I posted is good as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn't really make any goddamn sense and seeing Tom pretend to be in a relationship with someone who looks half his age was just so weird haha, I admire him trying to act in a video nowadays though, none of them have done that in fucking years. was the last 'acted' one Always? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this Tom's way of telling his Ex he cheated on her?

The videos look like they make sense and mean something but they legitimately don't get the point across.  These directors kids nowadays you have to wonder.  Also love how both his videos have been randomly pornographic for like no reason.

 

The way it was shot was really legit though, the stage stuff was pretty awesome, these guys rock for some 40 year olds

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kay said:

It didn't really make any goddamn sense and seeing Tom pretend to be in a relationship with someone who looks half his age was just so weird haha, I admire him trying to act in a video nowadays though, none of them have done that in fucking years. was the last 'acted' one Always? 

Yeah, I miss them videos where blink themselves were the actual actors of the video and not some randoms. Adrenaline from SC kinda leaned towards that but would've been hilarious to actually see Mark and the ATL dude interacting with the zombies.

I remember seeing Tom do something with Call to Arms? It wasn't actually a music video but Tom was in a suit alongside some other dude and they were both trying to win over the same girl or something, and it was the Call to Arms song that was featured on it. Tom was hilarious in that too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, I miss them videos where blink themselves were the actual actors of the video and not some randoms. Adrenaline from SC kinda leaned towards that but would've been hilarious to actually see Mark and the ATL dude interacting with the zombies.

I remember seeing Tom do something with Call to Arms? It wasn't actually a music video but Tom was in a suit alongside some other dude and they were both trying to win over the same girl or something, and it was the Call to Arms song that was featured on it. Tom was hilarious in that too.

I think you’re talking about the Alternate video for Everything’s Magic

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kay said:

It didn't really make any goddamn sense and seeing Tom pretend to be in a relationship with someone who looks half his age was just so weird haha, I admire him trying to act in a video nowadays though, none of them have done that in fucking years. was the last 'acted' one Always? 

Yep, I miss the videos when they’re the actors. Those are all my favorite blink videos. Even if this wasn’t great it’s still probably my favorite blink-related video in years for that reason, aside from Home Is Such A Lonely Place which I liked for different reasons. It’s fun to see them act. And Tom’s “what the fuck?” made me laugh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was a nice big fuck you to Jenn lol. What an absolute rocket that chick is though, who is it? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kay said:

It didn't really make any goddamn sense and seeing Tom pretend to be in a relationship with someone who looks half his age was just so weird haha, I admire him trying to act in a video nowadays though, none of them have done that in fucking years. was the last 'acted' one Always? 

Tom acted in the alternate video for Everything’s Magic (Uk version?) where he climbs in a tree to spy on a girl and shit, riding a bike around and shiz. 
 

edit: already posted whoops lol. But yea. Also Is the video just a video or is he implying Jen shut down his music career with the girl pulling the plug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Tom had zero chemistry with the woman in that video and it had nothing to do with age issues; it was just so so bad.

 

Idk he looked like her dad lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...