The Tom Delonge Thread

Shit Poster

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Yeah pretty much. And this angle he’s been taking lately like he was right all along about the dumb alien shit…ugh, just no dude.

he's not even talking about aliens anymore he's claiming he started the band to show everyone that we are all "one being connected through consciousness" and that the success of this album is due to people realizing that. 

it's mindblowingly stupid. he started the band for pure ego driven reasons and the only reason people listen is because it's tom from blink and occasionally he still writes good songs. that's all that's happening here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’ve said this before and I’ll repeat this every time it comes up, Tom being right that the government has documented ufo events is 1% of the crazy shit he was saying from 2015 to 2018. No one would have ever disputed with Tom that the sheer idea that the us government has unexplainable phenomena happening in the military, everybody believes that. The offering where they scammed investors literally said to the stars was going to build a spaceship that would teleport between planets.

Go back and rewatch the joe Rogan podcast they’ve tried to sweep under the rug.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I’ve said this before and I’ll repeat this every time it comes up, Tom being right that the government has documented ufo events is 1% of the crazy shit he was saying from 2015 to 2018. No one would have ever disputed with Tom that the sheer idea that the us government has unexplainable phenomena happening in the military, everybody believes that. The offering where they scammed investors literally said to the stars was going to build a spaceship that would teleport between planets.

What have you said?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NotNow said:

Yep, it's totally disingenuous. The only thing he was "right" about was something that any logical person would have agreed with from the beginning.

• Like 1

I pretty much ignore most of the shit Tom says these days and just enjoy the couple of songs I like from the new album. 

Same thing with Travis. His social media is the equivalent of a 14 year old girl but I’ll give each song he is apart of a listen and of course check out the new blink stuff when it comes along. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I pretty much ignore most of the shit Tom says these days and just enjoy the couple of songs I like from the new album. 

Same thing with Travis. His social media is the equivalent of a 14 year old girl but I’ll give each song he is apart of a listen and of course check out the new blink stuff when it comes along. 

When you think about it, social media has really ruined the mistique around our heroes. Now that we know what rubbish they think and care about, they seem way, way less cool than they did when we were kids.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Kay said:

When you think about it, social media has really ruined the mistique around our heroes. Now that we know what rubbish they think and care about, they seem way, way less cool than they did when we were kids.

Social media has ruined practically everything tbh

Mental health, science, the fabric of democracy, etc etc

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Yep, it's totally disingenuous. The only thing he was "right" about was something that any logical person would have agreed with from the beginning.

I mean they did release videos that the navy acknowledged as not fake and the Department of Defense officially released them later on. I don't remember but weren't one of these videos the on that Rogan made fun of Tom for?

On 9/25/2021 at 9:30 PM, Russel Coight said:

Jeez settle down Tombot. We’re allowed to criticise shitty lyrics if we don’t like them. 

“b-b-b-but blink has shit lyrics now too!!!” Yeah fuck we know. Doesn’t mean we can’t call a spade a spade. Majority of the people shitting on Tom’s lyrics shit on new blink way harder.

all bands have bad lyrics, but some cheesy Cali-era lyrics don't even compare to the likes of "the smell of lions" or "lonely, cat-like master" or any other million examples lmao.

not directed at you Mr. Coight, just setting the baseline here lol.

"0ooo0000ooo0000 it's like the wind has killed the dove"

20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Social media has ruined practically everything tbh

Mental health, science, the fabric of democracy, etc etc

not to mention TV. can never avoid spoilers anymore.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I mean they did release videos that the navy acknowledged as not fake and the Department of Defense officially released them later on. I don't remember but weren't one of these videos the on that Rogan made fun of Tom for?

C'mon dude. Of course the military has documented sightings of shit flying around that couldn't be identified. It doesn't mean it proves even a smidge of the wild stuff Tom has claimed.

There is a GIANT leap from saying, for instance, "aliens could exist in this galaxy" to "aliens have been interacting with humans from the dawn of time and are responsible for all of mankind's achievements"

That is the semantic trick that he plays. When 1% of a wild claim is validated, it doesn't make the rest of the wild claim true as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

C'mon dude. Of course the military has documented sightings of shit flying around that couldn't be identified. It doesn't mean it proves even a smidge of the wild stuff Tom has claimed.

There is a GIANT leap from saying, for instance, "aliens could exist in this galaxy" to "aliens have been interacting with humans from the dawn of time and are responsible for all of mankind's achievements"

That is the semantic trick that he plays. When 1% of a wild claim is validated, it doesn't make the rest of the wild claim true as well.

• Haha 1