• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Chewy030

• M!ke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Just listened to all of Cali and enjoyed that song a bit more than usual. First time hearing HISALP since having a baby and f’n hell I was tearing up like a child lol.

There was a reddit thread where it was asking whether Sober or BIOMY was the better song. I commented “Sober always felt like the right way to go if they wanted to do a pop song. I love the verses and even the NaNa’s work especially well. The piano is a nice touch.”

I understand why people dislike it, but I always thought of it as a nice little song that became one of the highlights on the album.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jlx9 said:

There was a reddit thread where it was asking whether Sober or BIOMY was the better song. I commented “Sober always felt like the right way to go if they wanted to do a pop song. I love the verses and even the NaNa’s work especially well. The piano is a nice touch.”

I understand why people dislike it, but I always thought of it as a nice little song that became one of the highlights on the album.

That's funny cause I feel the opposite, but for the same reasons? Haha I can't stand Sober but I think BIOMY is a great example of Blink doing pop and an improvement over what they were trying on Sober.

30mx37l.jpg

So as of Oct 2018 Tom has been listed as and manager/member of blink on the company register. That other version of this that only had Mark and Travis was from 2016 so this one is more recent. Marks name is listed on page 1 but I didn’t bother sharing that. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

30mx37l.jpg

So as of Oct 2018 Tom has been listed as and manager/member of blink on the company register. That other version of this that only had Mark and Travis was from 2016 so this one is more recent. Marks name is listed on page 1 but I didn’t bother sharing that. 

Hmm on first glance I’d say Tom is getting higher royalties if he’s listed and might have a say in decisions of the band. Wonder if/when Skiba gets listed. 

My Blink prediction is that Mark runs the band into the ground trying to go too poppy and declining each release, band loses its soul. Tom comes back but they’re all too old at that point to ever come close to their prime, but at least it’s the same lineup. If Tom can do an album every 4 years or so then it’s worth it IMO. Don’t really care what happens to Skiba if he stays or not, both options seem like a win. 

52 minutes ago, MSandt said:

I wonder if he resorted to lawyers to weasel his way back in so that he can keep leeching off the band while contributing nothing in return.

If it’s money from the pre-California days then that’s totally fair. 

2 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

If it’s money from the pre-California days then that’s totally fair. 

Pretty sure he's entitled to royalties regardless of whether his name is on that document or not.

I hope Tom is getting some $$$ with the way Mark is running his old band's legacy into the ground. He deserves to make a little something off blink's death gasps! Matt wouldn't be getting paid if he wasn't singing Tom's songs.

7 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I hope Tom is getting some $$$ with the way Mark is running his old band's legacy into the ground. He deserves to make a little something off blink's death gasps! Matt wouldn't be getting paid if he wasn't singing Tom's songs.

Ooh, I bet you love the idea of proper blink fans subsidizing Tom's ego quest.

To be fair Tom will be making money under the blink name on album sales alone, not sure how payment will go for live shows since he isn’t partaking but yet they are playing songs he co-wrote , so not sure how that works 

1 minute ago, madgaz182 said:

To be fair Tom will be making money under the blink name on album sales alone, not sure how payment will go for live shows since he isn’t partaking but yet they are playing songs he co-wrote , so not sure how that works 

I think he'll get royalties from blink playing the songs too even if he isn't there. At the professional venues, even covers will earn the actual songwriters the money. I do know it's very inconsistent though, considering there's cover bands who don't pay any dime whatsoever towards the actual owners of the songs. Not sure if Tom will get any pay for the California shit though. Every contract is different.

1 hour ago, madgaz182 said:

Not to rehash a dead argument but Skiba is making direct money off Tom's songs. Skiba might be singing them at this moment in time but Tom put in the real work by recording them, then singing them somewhat good for a decade or so (well amazing by blink's standards) and then playing them terribly for another half decade. I think he's due some chunk change from Skiba's current lackluster effort, which is rivaling Tom's old disinterest. But that's just me. I also wish Scott got some cash from Dude Ranch and Buddha and Cheshire Cat songs. Maybe that's why Mark never plays them live except Dammit and Carousel.

53 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Not to rehash a dead argument but Skiba is making direct money off Tom's songs. Skiba might be singing them at this moment in time but Tom put in the real work by recording them, then singing them somewhat good for a decade or so (well amazing by blink's standards) and then playing them terribly for another half decade. I think he's due some chunk change from Skiba's current lackluster effort, which is rivaling Tom's old disinterest. But that's just me. I also wish Scott got some cash from Dude Ranch and Buddha and Cheshire Cat songs. Maybe that's why Mark never plays them live except Dammit and Carousel.

I think Scott gets money for Dammit not Carousel. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Gotta think this is Trav's documentary, right? Slight chance it's his next solo album that was supposedly done 2 years ago.

8cm9jxf9raz21.png

I had a google alert a few days back mentioning a new travis solo album but I didn't check on it, I genuinely thought it was already announced. 

I haven't seen anything on it since he told me it was done 2 years ago, and on the brink of a new Blink album I doubt it would be dropping any time soon. Was your alert about his new Suicide Boys EP he produced by chance? That stuff was starting to drop the past few weeks.