New generation of pop punk

Champ182

4 minutes ago, Hail Satan said:

Whatever the kids like has got to be good for business, huh?!

Lol, the perfect summation of all things wrong with MGK and this record 

2 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lol, the perfect summation of all things wrong with MGK and this record 

Feeling_Kids only likes MGK because he is a pedophile who uses whatever trends the kids are into these days to groom them.

4 minutes ago, Hail Satan said:

Feeling_Kids only likes MGK because he is a pedophile who uses whatever trends the kids are into these days to groom them.

Sounds about right. This is random, but whatever happened to Thongrider? I wonder what his hot take is on this album of the year for blink-182online.com is

15 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Sounds about right. This is random, but whatever happened to Thongrider? I wonder what his hot take is on this album of the year for blink-182online.com is

Hold on, I'll get him.

tumblr_or48mwFmFv1wqzp5bo3_540.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

The thing is though, multiple people have listed multiple different songs off the album that they consider to be good besides Bloody Valentine. To me that says it's a pretty damn solid album. Always a good sign when people have various favorites outside of the lead song/s.

nothing inside is a fucking tune.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Mgk? I still haven't heard lt! 

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

Mgk? I still haven't heard lt! 

Me neither. Don’t see why we should ever need to. Lol. But I was 50/50 whether you would have or not, just hadn’t seen you post in a while. Glad you’re alive and well. 

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

This video is interesting.

I've been preaching this shit for years. Everyone is way too uptight about rock music and took the fun out of it. This board being a prime example.

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

This video is interesting.

I struggle with this guys videos. I've watched quite a few but I find him really patronizing about the power of music itself. He likes to dilute things down to absolutes but they're mostly just based on his opinion more than anything else.

I did watch this one and I kind of see what he's saying but I really don't think that rock stopped writing songs about partying and therefore the genre died - it's a bit of an extreme takeaway. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I struggle with this guys videos. I've watched quite a few but I find him really patronizing about the power of music itself. He likes to dilute things down to absolutes but they're mostly just based on his opinion more than anything else.

I did watch this one and I kind of see what he's saying but I really don't think that rock stopped writing songs about partying and therefore the genre died - it's a bit of an extreme takeaway. 

Yeah, I often find his videos annoying, but I thought this one was decent. And I agree that his analysis is oversimplified, but I think there's something to it. When rock eventually comes back to the mainstream, it'll be interesting to see if it's a fun/party version.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:56 AM, JarJarBlinks said:

I like the album but some of his KREW are super cringe.  yUnGbLoOd and bLaCk BeAr.  Song with Halsey is 12/10 though.

Also lol at the Cali haters being big fans of this album.  Talk about strange times.

You watch the making of Bloody Valentine on youtube?
There's this semi-fat blonde guy that kinda looks like Fat Mike from NOFX and he seems like the biggest douchebag leech I've ever seen. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

I've been preaching this shit for years. Everyone is way too uptight about rock music and took the fun out of it. This board being a prime example.

Is it tho?

People shit on new Blink mainly because: (a) the production sucked (mainly the Cali era, it sounded so flat and compressed); (b) Skiba couldn't replace Tom in terms of the chemistry and guitar riffs (his live performances didn't help either); and (c) the band started hiring outside writers and seemed to lack direction at times. 

I think those are all legit criticisms that don't really relate to that video. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2021 at 9:50 PM, Russel Coight said:

If you’re going to constantly shit on something then you should at least check out it once. Pretty simple.

I can see why you would think this