Jump to content
 

The Tom Delonge Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    1138

  • Rebel Girls United

    1079

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    1035

  • Aloemino Veracids, bro

    901

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

The only way Tom should be allowed back in the band is if he climbs that same street light to impress Mark this time.   *broken ankles are optional.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, M!ke said:

trying to make it his own, trying to dictate everything that the band should be.

good post, but imagine what it feels like to be in the band with current Mark Hoppus who can't write a decent song to save his life. Forget about that Tom is a dick and always would delay studio schedule. Tom was a driving force. Imagine just one day in the studio, you would get a Mark sitting and waiting for Tom to come with a decent riffs, hooks, melodies. Mark would throw a basic notes and lay down a wierd lyrics. What's more bizzare is that Mark would trash bunch of Tom ideas, but has none of his own. That's why Tom is perfectly happy with Ilan. Two freaks getting together and mixing tons of ideas even if Tom admittedly said he was running out of good ones. It's much better than sitting with Mark who is getting paranoid af. In a perfect world they should drop the bullshit and be happy and creative in the studio. Too much shit happened that both of them can't move on without hating each other. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, b00bies said:

good post, but imagine what it feels like to be in the band with current Mark Hoppus who can't write a decent song to save his life. Forget about that Tom is a dick and always would delay studio schedule. Tom was a driving force. Imagine just one day in the studio, you would get a Mark sitting and waiting for Tom to come with a decent riffs, hooks, melodies. Mark would throw a basic notes and lay down a wierd lyrics. What's more bizzare is that Mark would trash bunch of Tom ideas, but has none of his own. That's why Tom is perfectly happy with Ilan. Two freaks getting together and mixing tons of ideas even if Tom admittedly said he was running out of good ones. It's much better than sitting with Mark who is getting paranoid af. In a perfect world they should drop the bullshit and be happy and creative in the studio. Too much shit happened that both of them can't move on without hating each other. 

Well, I'd disagree with your assertion that Mark can't write a decent song.  The only song of his post reunion that I don't like was MH24812489, so that whole point is lost on me.  I thought I had heard rumors that Illan was out of AaA, and even if he isn't yet, I'd be shocked if he still is 2 or 3 years from now, if that.  I'd say Mark and Travis are doing plenty alright moving on without Tom, so I'm not sure why you say they can't move on without him.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

I love how people seem to say mark can't write songs or has no confidence as if it's fact and they know the guy closely lol

Get a grip.... Grammy nominated album but mark wrote none of it right lol

What is so hard to understand? Mark wrote shit and Feldman fixed it up. By their own admission the shit he wrote alone was sub par. So while Mark in fact wrote some of it, they all got the Feldman dress up, and for the LAST TIME, NO! not what a "producer does" not "what Finn did".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

What is so hard to understand? Mark wrote shit and Feldman fixed it up. By their own admission the shit he wrote alone was sub par. So while Mark in fact wrote some of it, they all got the Feldman dress up, and for the LAST TIME, NO! not what a "producer does" not "what Finn did".

Well its not typical, but its also not at all unheard of.  A producer can be used for lots of different things to varying degrees and extents.  They just chose to play it safe with California by hiring a producer that can write songs in their style, so that they could focus on establishing a real chemistry with their new band member.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, b00bies said:

good post, but imagine what it feels like to be in the band with current Mark Hoppus who can't write a decent song to save his life. Forget about that Tom is a dick and always would delay studio schedule. Tom was a driving force. Imagine just one day in the studio, you would get a Mark sitting and waiting for Tom to come with a decent riffs, hooks, melodies. Mark would throw a basic notes and lay down a wierd lyrics. What's more bizzare is that Mark would trash bunch of Tom ideas, but has none of his own. That's why Tom is perfectly happy with Ilan. Two freaks getting together and mixing tons of ideas even if Tom admittedly said he was running out of good ones. It's much better than sitting with Mark who is getting paranoid af. In a perfect world they should drop the bullshit and be happy and creative in the studio. Too much shit happened that both of them can't move on without hating each other. 

And put delay on any guitar riff he made :-o

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

A producer is used to produce ... it's in the name ... they have like one job.

A Ghost writer though ....

Exactly, to produce means to create.  And writing music with the band is absolutely a part of the creating process.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Very deluded arnt you lol ...

You can say the same shit over and over till your blue in the face ...Doesn't make it fact ....

 

You're right, me saying it doesn't make it correct. But what does make it correct is Travis Barker saying it, Feldman saying it, Matt and Mark alluding to it in interviews.

Unless they are liars. Are they liars?

How am I deluded? That doesn't make any sense. You fanboys/Feldman ass kissers are so crazy that you ignore basic facts given in interviews BY THE FUCKING BAND THEMSELVES.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

You're right, me saying it doesn't make it correct. But what does make it correct is Travis Barker saying it, Feldman saying it, Matt and Mark alluding to it in interviews.

Unless they are liars. Are they liars?

How am I deluded? That doesn't make any sense. You fanboys/Feldman ass kissers are so crazy that you ignore basic facts given in interviews BY THE FUCKING BAND THEMSELVES.

This.

The fucking band confirmed it themselves.

They weren't happy with what they were able to produce on their own so they hired Feldy to fix their shit and "polish" the record. 

Why is that so hard to admit. That's not even judging or saying that California is a bad record. That are just facts!

The Feldy fan boys are getting more annoying than the Tom ones...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...