The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

nah, i'm not mad at all. i just offered you an alternative to the constant negativity on here. i didn't realise it would trigger so many of you.

I love this place, but it's driven by negativity so i don't post that often anymore. and as it seems, if you choose not to post negative as well, you get attacked for it yourself, kinda sad.

I'm kind of in a good place right now, thanks kay.

edit: i hope you all know that my remark at @Russel Coight was meant as a joke. i love the dude

You called us all pathetic, dude. That's why you got attacked. 

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

fair enough, sorry for that.

i would've gotten shit for my post even without that, and you know it.

Well if you come in being passive aggressive and giving us all shit then yes of course you would? 

You could've just said its not for you but that others are entitled to do what they like and that would be fine. I'm sure some would make jokes but that's what we're all like. 

You chose to be antagonistic, so people respond. If you dislike negativity, don't post it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Well if you come in being passive aggressive and giving us all shit then yes of course you would? 

You could've just said its not for you but that others are entitled to do what they like and that would be fine. I'm sure some would make jokes but that's what we're all like. 

You chose to be antagonistic, so people respond. If you dislike negativity, don't post it. 

i figured. thanks. 

53 minutes ago, Kay said:

Oh get off your high horse. 

Tom is literally worth millions, and there's a lot of already established methods of making money as a band that doesn't rip off a fan base so blatantly. He could've gone through Patreon to offer similar rewards but with a guarantee - some you only pay when they actually put something out, or it's per month. Or he could've gotten a Cameo account if he wanted to get paid for direct fan contact. 

The only reason not to use an established and versatile platform like that is if you don't want the checks and balances in place. He knows he won't deliver most of this shit - it's why there's only annual options. It's all cash upfront with the full knowledge that he's actually delivering very little. 

He has a proven track record of promising a lot, delivering little, and charging extremes for absolute fuck all.

Don't compare him to the average struggling musician, I know you know that he is nothing of the sort. 

Literally. Dude just sold his rights to the blink Catalogue for how many tens of millions? Lol after he was already sitting on how many tens of millions? It’s ok @Neal, Tom is gonna survive this pandemic! And he ain’t eating Ramon so don’t you worry pal!

it's hard for me to say these fans are being "taken advantage of" in the same way they were the first two times. anyone singing up likely isn't a naive teenager anymore. based on the past, they should know damn well that they won't get much out of it.

these are the most obsessive and delusional tom fans in the world. they most likely think tom will recognize them for their patronage and establish a relationship with them. 

i'm in no way defending tom for going this route but at this point, it's what it is. at least he keeps ava ticket prices low while blink charges $100+ for an 80 minute stale set list. 

15 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

it's hard for me to say these fans are being "taken advantage of" in the same way they were the first two times. anyone singing up likely isn't a naive teenager anymore. based on the past, they should know damn well that they won't get much out of it.

these are the most obsessive and delusional tom fans in the world. they most likely think tom will recognize them for their patronage and establish a relationship with them. 

i'm in no way defending tom for going this route but at this point, it's what it is. at least he keeps ava ticket prices low while blink charges $100+ for an 80 minute stale set list. 

I’d rather pay $100 to see blink play than $10 to see AVA any day of the week lol

44 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

to be fair I don't really think it's up to him to decide on ticket prices.  Don't think there's much demand to see Tom yodel.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Depf said:

Good point. It's like ,Duh?! A habitual  scammer isn't a bad person.if you get scammed its your own fault for being a teenager. 

AVA= Deans Jewelry Bonanza

you don't even understand what i wrote. people signing up for empire club are adults who were scammed by army of angels and modlife when they were teenagers. they are now old enough to know what they are paying for a third time. 

this isn't defense for what tom does. it's a lack of sympathy for those who keep falling for it.

1 minute ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

I’m trying to see blink live this summer. There’re supposed to play here in Lansing July 11. I’ll watch Travis drum live any time I have the chance to honestly.

Just giving you a hard time, Pal. I've no skin in the game.

20 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Just giving you a hard time, Pal. I've no skin in the game.

Oh I know. I can surely appreciate one who has no desire to see blink live anymore. I’ll take what I can get! I just sat outside in the cold and rain to go see some indie rock band my GF loves called Mt Joy this past weekend lol. But it was first post COVID concert…they had pods set up to keep people separated and we were told to wear masks outside. Wonder if that is going to be the future of concerts 

13 hours ago, NotNow said:

The birthday message which is the only reason to get the top tier ISNT EVEN A PERSONALIZED MESSAGE, it’s just some pre recorded message from the band saying happy birthday that plays when you log in on your birthday week hahahahaha. This can’t be real.

You've gotta be kidding me.