The Tom Delonge Thread

Shit Poster

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I actually like kiss and tell at the end because the random “go” at the end works surprisingly well.

I think Euphoria should have been the opener, has a slight build then a punch and it’s a great song. Timebomb can burn in hell though.

Euphoria would have been a good opener too! I actually like the intro to Timebomb and think that specific section of the song is a cool way to start the album, but the moment that intro ends the song just falls flat for me lol 

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Euphoria would have been a good opener too! I actually like the intro to Timebomb and think that specific section of the song is a cool way to start the album, but the moment that intro ends the song just falls flat for me lol 

Classic AVA in a nutshell, all build no orgasm. Musical edging sucks.

• Haha 1

overall: album sequence isn't great, so I made one of my own and removed No More Guns because it's just boring. probably the first and only AVA song I'll ever completely forget exists

one of AVA's strengths has always been cohesive albums, and this isn't that. it's kind of all over the place and that's furthered by the release schedule.

Automatic is close to being something great, but doesn't really do enough. it feels like a demo.

Timebomb is classic AVA in essence (thus why so many people here don't like it) but opening chorus lyrics drag it down and then the song doesn't go anywhere. Tom's laziness on full display. the original teaser we got on Peter Mckinnon's documentary trailer sounded way better.

the whole thing is like 2-3 songs away from being a solid, cohesive work. right now i just feel like it's an EP that I like a lot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ye. said:

overall: album sequence isn't great, so I made one of my own and removed No More Guns because it's just boring. probably the first and only AVA song I'll ever completely forget exists

one of AVA's strengths has always been cohesive albums, and this isn't that. it's kind of all over the place and that's furthered by the release schedule.

Automatic is close to being something great, but doesn't really do enough. it feels like a demo.

Timebomb is classic AVA in essence (thus why so many people here don't like it) but opening chorus lyrics drag it down and then the song doesn't go anywhere. Tom's laziness on full display. the original teaser we got on Peter Mckinnon's documentary trailer sounded way better.

the whole thing is like 2-3 songs away from being a solid, cohesive work. right now i just feel like it's an EP that I like a lot.

Euphoria, Spellbound, Automatic, Kiss and Tell and A Fire in a Nameless Town would of made a great EP. 

4 hours ago, Depf said:

Best Ava album by far.

No more guns is fun, the already released Singles are toms best work since 2003. Only Ava cd that is allowed to stay in the Manta GTE. ( @_Bagel because cars are fun).

Cant wait to dance like a unguard to losing my mind life.

David Kennedy the type of guy to rather play empire  over this.

We would be shAgGing this album if those two singles weren’t released so early. HEY , I don’t mind you naming it - just don’t tell me how many horse Austin powers it has. 

haaaaa

Literally a whole minute of backing music and lights flailing about while Tom pretends to play along and the others just awkwardly stand about... as soon as the vocals come in he sounds like a dying cat.

Ah, I love how Tom can continue to 'entertain' me, even if it's in the completely wrong way.

Also, I've repeatedly said it, but this song blows so fucking hard haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They allowed that on national tv? Wow- that is straight up awful in multiple ways lol

If you want a shock, go watch it on YT and read the comments. People are deluded.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Literally a whole minute of backing music and lights flailing about while Tom pretends to play along and the others just awkwardly stand about... as soon as the vocals come in he sounds like a dying cat.

hahahah I just LOLed at that moment even though I knew it was coming. It seriously looks/sounds like the entire performance EXCEPT for Tom's vocals are prerecorded. Yeesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1