The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

3 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Who is the target demographic for "wellness products" from Travis?

People who think using them may give them more of a shot at a kardashian?

26 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Remember when it was embarrassing to say you were a fan of blink. Then in the late 2000’s it became cool. Now I feel like Travis is making it embarrassing again.

yes! u know things have quite changed in my short lifetime,

there was a time i couldnt talk about my diverse musical taste because if get picked on like crazy, and i dont just mean in school or when i was realy young,

now ppl couldnt care less that i have such diverse taste

n yes i remmeber that specific hate for blink, nasty hate band wagons

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

Remember when it was embarrassing to say you were a fan of blink. Then in the late 2000’s it became cool. Now I feel like Travis is making it embarrassing again.

This. 100%. I miss fluctuating between hiding my blink fandom and repping it.  Neighborhoods was the easiest time to rep it, everybody missed them, even the haters.

Now it's like - really? That's your music taste? Lacking

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

2 hours ago, Ixidor said:

It's because they want several more years of a greatest hits setlist

i love to death songs like whats my age again, feelings this and all the small things but the idea, of them playin those songs every single night in the same exact oder for 10 years + makes me want to litteraly puke

and i wont accept that its what they have to do as blink 182

I assume the only time super deep cuts will get a pop is on anniversary album tours and even then… hard to say.

Last few concerts I saw blink play everyone just stood around waiting for them to play a single. This was at riotfest when they were touring Enema (I get it, a bunch of casual fans there) but when I saw them for the California tour before that it was pretty much the same exact thing… only maybe the crowd also jammed out to Built This Pool and like Sober but none of the others off that album, which I found odd.

So I get why blink does it, but never playing a deep cut for the old fans just reeks of laziness. And I blame Tom and Mark and Matt because Travis learned blink’s setlist in like half a day. They’re just old now and have better things to do with their free time than relearn old songs and memorize lyrics and rehearse extra. Fuck, wasn’t the banter mostly the same during the reunion tour? The bar is low, stayed low outside playing Enema all the way through, and I’m just gonna accept the greatest hits at every show from here on out.

Unless there’s ever a new album. Then we’ll get 3-4 of those songs.

18 hours ago, Ixidor said:

It's because they want several more years of a greatest hits setlist

That is all you get whether it’s Matt or Tom or anyone else. Totally irrelevant to Tom coming back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

That is all you get whether it’s Matt or Tom or anyone else. Totally irrelevant to Tom coming back 

Do they not play Matt songs now? Cause if Matt is no more and Tom gets back no way is he singing cali or nine songs. Same as RHCP, pretend the last two albums do not exist.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Do they not play Matt songs now? Cause if Matt is no more and Tom gets back no way is he singing cali or nine songs. Same as RHCP, pretend the last two albums do not exist.

He will probably make Mark just sing those songs in full.  IF they were to ever do that, and that's a big if.

Or they just never play them and Mark acts like it never existed like he does with Neighborhoods, +44, basically everything that is not a major radio hit.

• Like 2