What Are You Listening To Right Now Pt. 2

50 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Kinda off topic but it's cool to listen to non-english speaking bands/artists and I should do it more often, recommend me your favourite music in your native language, it doesn't matter the genre @twentytwenty  @thongrider@Maddey @Depf @Thibaut182

Gladly! 
My fav norwegian-singing ones atm are Karpe, Cezinando, Brenn, B-Boy Myhre, Kaizers Orchestra and Daniel Kvammen. 

And in case @twentytwenty doesn’t mention her, Veronica Maggio is a great swedish one

• Love 1
  • Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we gotta have this topic back....its an easy yet useful way to get posts back Brand New - Moshi Moshi

Mandatory Lagwagon post. 

pretty deep in this record lol  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Gladly! 
My fav norwegian-singing ones atm are Karpe, Cezinando, Brenn, B-Boy Myhre, Kaizers Orchestra and Daniel Kvammen. 

And in case @twentytwenty doesn’t mention her, Veronica Maggio is a great swedish one

Awesome! Thanks! I'll make a playlist with all their most streamed songs on Spotify and then I'll add all the other recommendations.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Awesome! Thanks! I'll make a playlist with all their most streamed songs on Spotify and then I'll add all the other recommendations.

Fun idea. I’ll totally check out the other recommendations you get as well

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Kinda off topic but it's cool to listen to non-english speaking bands/artists and I should do it more often, recommend me your favourite music in your native language, it doesn't matter the genre @twentytwenty  @thongrider@Maddey @Depf @Thibaut182

Hell yeah I'll get you some links!

I have to recommend Donkeyboy although they're an English-singing band. A Norwegian synth? pop band that had some really great hits ten(?) years ago. @Maddey @thongriderWhat do you say about them?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Fun idea. I’ll totally check out the other recommendations you get as well

I was only familiar with Millencolin and Yung Lean from Sweden, I'm really digging Karpe, B-Boy and Cezinando so far! 

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I was only familiar with Millencolin and Yung Lean from Sweden, I'm really digging Karpe, B-Boy and Cezinando so far! 

Millencolin have a couple of songs where they sing in Swedish as well. Especially the superior version of Battery Check with the Swedish title E20 Norr!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Millencolin have a couple of songs where they sing in Swedish as well. Especially the superior version of Battery Check with the Swedish title E20 Norr!

Yes, I love that song! I've seen them play E20 Norr live a few times actually and it was so cool.

• Love 1
Just now, Elisa said:

Yes, I love that song! I've seen them play E20 Norr live a few times actually and it was so cool.

It's great, they tried a similar thing on a song from the true north album as well but I don't think it sounded as good as E20

Okay here we go @Elisa

Some Swedish artists that sing in Swedish:

Håkan Hellström, the biggest artist in Sweden that sings in Swedish, a total legend. Been around for 21 years now. His 20th anniversary concert that was supposed to be last year (postponed to after covid) got sold out in a few minutes, so they added another concert around an hour after that, and that got sold out in a few minutes as well (75.000 people/show). So they had to add two more shows that also got sold out so he’ll be having four sold out anniversary shows when things open up again with around 300.000 sold tickets. -

As @Maddey stated earlier, Veronica Maggio, If Håkan is the pop king in Sweden she’s definitely the pop queen, she also had a great duet with Håkan a couple of years ago. -

Per Gessle, needs no introduction. The guitarist/vocalist and songwriter from Roxette and his Swedish band Gyllene Tider, has a big solo career where he sings in Swedish. -

Fronda, as stated earlier - Swedish hip hop. Has many different sides to him but it’s overly pop-ish hip hop -

Spoiler

Mathias Helsing Andersson - a shameless plug for a hella good looking fellow that is singing in Swedish -

Danny Saucedo, has material in both English and Swedish, but this album that was in Swedish is amazing -

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Hell yeah I'll get you some links!

I have to recommend Donkeyboy although they're an English-singing band. A Norwegian synth? pop band that had some really great hits ten(?) years ago. @Maddey @thongriderWhat do you say about them?

I like Ambitions

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Yeah they’re great! Lots of catchy tunes

54 minutes ago, Elisa said:

So cool that you like them!! Happy to hear

25 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Håkan Hellström, the biggest artist in Sweden that sings in Swedish, a total legend. Been around for 21 years now. His 20th anniversary concert that was supposed to be last year (postponed to after covid) got sold out in a few minutes, so they added another concert around an hour after that, and that got sold out in a few minutes as well (75.000 people/show). So they had to add two more shows that also got sold out so he’ll be having four sold out anniversary shows when things open up again with around 300.000 sold tickets. -

As @Maddey stated earlier, Veronica Maggio, If Håkan is the pop king in Sweden she’s definitely the pop queen, she also had a great duet with Håkan a couple of years

Håkan and Veronica are two of my all time favs of any artists out there tbh. Absolute gold

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Yeah they’re great! Lots of catchy tunes

So cool that you like them!! Happy to hear

Håkan and Veronica are two of my all time favs of any artists out there tbh. Absolute gold

Yeah I've always been a big Håkan fan myself, Veronica is great as well, she has so much good stuff. I really loved Den första är alltid gratis, there's not a bad track on it

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I'll probably bring some stuff that is old as hell. 

What about nei så tjukk du har blitt? So catchy haha! 

And that Norwegian Christmas song was a big hit here as well, something along the lines of "hey ho - trippar upp på taket" or something like that, catchy as hell that one too

16 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What about nei så tjukk du har blitt? So catchy haha! 

And that Norwegian Christmas song was a big hit here as well, something along the lines of "hey ho - trippar upp på taket" or something like that, catchy as hell that one too

Can't stand the former haha. Haven't heard of the latter. 

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Kraftklub - Schüsse in die Luft 

Feine Sahne Fischfilet - Alles auf Rausch

Sportfreunde Stiller - Ein Kompliment

Die Ärzte  - Zu spät

Selig - Schau,  Schau

the current driving playlist.

enjoy

• Love 1

@Depfyour driving  playlist is fantastic, I love these songs! (Die Artze was the only band I already knew, I used to listen to them in high school, I forgot how cool they were!)

• Love 1