Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

My thoughts- of course the new Goldfinger sounds a bit like new blink, 2 out of the 4 people who wrote new blink wrote and recorded the song. It's also the same genre of music.

The Goldfinger band member situation does seem sketchy, but I would have to understand their back story better before I judged. Butt hurt ex-band members are pretty common.

Since when did Travis start to suck.  I didn't realize that was actually him.  Just went back and listened to Goldfingers old stuff, significantly better drumming.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The Goldfinger band member situation does seem sketchy, but I would have to understand their back story better before I judged. Butt hurt ex-band members are pretty common.

Yeah I can't claim to know their ins and outs whatsoever, I just know that drummer was a bigtime fan favorite and I'm almost positive he was a founding member who was in the band the whole run until now

8 minutes ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Since when did Travis start to suck.  I didn't realize that was actually him.  Just went back and listened to Goldfingers old stuff, significantly better drumming.

Without Tom pushing him? No Jerry Finn magic? Who knows. Travis is probably just playing what he can. Good drumming is crafted as much as it's inspired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I can't claim to know their ins and outs whatsoever, I just know that drummer was a bigtime fan favorite and I'm almost positive he was a founding member who was in the band the whole run until now

It's like Bono doing U2 without the other dudes.

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

My thoughts- of course the new Goldfinger sounds a bit like new blink, 2 out of the 4 people who wrote new blink wrote and recorded the song. It's also the same genre of music.

Feldy-bot strikes again...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

It's like Bono doing U2 without the other dudes.

Or like Mark doing blink without the other two ones too.

• Like 1

Ghent has no backbone.  Just take uninspired rushed generic pop punk trash and Co writers right up the rear as long as it's under the name Blink 182.

• Like 5

I shouldn't be surprised. I really shouldn't. But the transparency here... It's like when Tod Phillips made the Hangover sequel exactly the same as the first film as an experiment and perfectly timed the trailer to mimic the first Hangover trailer in terms of comedic beats to see if he could sell the same product to the public twice as a sick inside joke while pocketing our money in the process. It worked.

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

I shouldn't be surprised. I really shouldn't. But the transparency here... It's like when Tod Phillips made the Hangover sequel exactly the same as the first film as an experiment and perfectly timed the trailer to mimic the first Hangover trailer in terms of comedic beats to see if he could sell the same product to the public twice as a sick inside joke while pocketing our money in the process. It worked.

Serious?  

Interesting..