Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Guitar riff that it's never re-used throughout the song (not evenbefore the second verse) - checked 
Generic lyrics - checked  
Vocal bridge - checked 
Compressed drums & overproduction  - checked 
Gang vocals - checked 
Whoas - checked 

There's more guitar work than any other song in California though. 

This literally IS Cali Blink. I see no difference, other than it's a bit edgier with the lyrics.

Starting to think Feldmann writes every song start to finish including vocals then just tells Matt and Mark to sing over it.

The melodies are even identical yikes Feldmann 182

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

New Goldfinger: 

Not gonna lie, it sounds verrry similar to California. lol

Hahaha holy shit.

I actually like this better than most of California.

But it sounds like it's from the same damn album.

• Like 3

Ha that really does sound exactly like California. Its easy to imagine Matt Skiba singing that. In fact he probably wrote it and it was stolen by John-boy

11 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

It's better because it's who Goldfinger is.

But literally at the exact same drums and guitar as California songs.  Same structure, vocal bridge.

You could literally replace vocalists and have the same songs

As with any song ... 

11 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

New Goldfinger: 

Not gonna lie, it sounds verrry similar to California. lol

Holy Hell, that sucks donkey dick ... If you enjoyed that them you suck donkey dick to and you should kill yourself 'cause you're bringing us all down.

I actually dont mind this.  I think because its goldfinger, we (some of us) think its ok for them to sound like this but if it was blink we wouldnt.  I also think Feldmans voice just works better with this.

But ya this could be a california b-side, so maybe it belongs on the deluxe? Its pretty hillarious to see how similar it is.  Not that it wasnt before, but its pretty obvious Feldman came up with most of the ideas for California pt 1.

• Like 2

dear lord. that's literally california with feldman singing. the rhythm of the guitar in the chorus is bored to death. the vocals in the chorus remind me of the bridge of no future. the drums production sounds exactly like california. the verses sound like parking lot. the second verse transition sounds like the transition into parking lot's second verse. 

it really makes me wonder how much of cali was genuinely written by feldmann....... 

The California sound with the melodyne autotune is great to me. They just made too many mediocre blink 182 songs with it. Im curious how Tom would sound with it

A great sound + great musicians will usually SOUND great, but too much of California just isnt what blink 182 is... but what do you expect without Tom

Reading the youtube comments and its pretty universal that everyone thinks it sounds exactly like blink.

Anyone else find it fishy that he releases this right at the same time theres a lot of talk about Blink releasing a new album? Trying to ride on coattails there much Feldman? Then he makes it sound the exact same too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillyguitar92 said:

dear lord. that's literally california with feldman singing. the rhythm of the guitar in the chorus is bored to death. the vocals in the chorus remind me of the bridge of no future. the drums production sounds exactly like california. the verses sound like parking lot. the second verse transition sounds like the transition into parking lot's second verse. 

it really makes me wonder how much of cali was genuinely written by feldmann....... 

A LOT of parking lot in this. Almost ripped the entire drum beat as well.

5 minutes ago, knapton said:

Reading the youtube comments and its pretty universal that everyone thinks it sounds exactly like blink.

Anyone else find it fishy that he releases this right at the same time theres a lot of talk about Blink releasing a new album? Trying to ride on coattails there much Feldman? Then he makes it sound the exact same too.

Ride coattails, sound the same?  He wrote most of California/deluxe, he can do what he wants in terms of ripping from it.  He's using his own ideas/writing.

This doesn't sound like Blink either.. Blink sounds like this as far as I'm concerned.

Never thought I'd see a day where I'm comparing Goldfinger to Blink and actually considering it better.

1 hour ago, Helen Hoppus said:

new goldfinger is pretty cool. what's wrong with john feldmann?

It might be "cool" for Goldfinger but not for the Blink we know and love. 

it was discussed for a year that feldmann as the producer of the blink album forced his own style and ideas on the band, that's why california sounds different than the previous records.

then feldmann in his one-man-band creates a song that sounds similar to this. wow. what a surprise.

I like this new Goldfinger song way more than 90% of songs blink has released post-Tom.

Actually pretty stoked to hear California (Deluxe) [Deluxe], by Goldfinger.

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I laughed so fucking hard when I heard this. Didn't make it to half way through the track, just solid belly laughing. christ almighty. 

• Like 5

I just remembered something

Before i knew how things worked and i downloaded a song with (1) after it i didnt know it was a duplicate and i thought it meant it was a number one hit. And was always surprised at how many number one hits blink had.

• Like 1

on this whole Travis and John doing goldfinger thing - is travis officially their new drummer now? are they bringing an album out? Wouldn't it be hilarious if the only reason Skeebs went back to alk3 for a record was because Travis and John were touring with Goldfinger and were too busy for blink?

I mean, I doubt it, but that would be so damn awful and funny if it happened.