The blink 182 general discussion topic

Just now, Regi. said:

But watching blink with matt isnt fun. At all. 

Yeah with Tom it was bad but it was Blink, I can’t get my head around with people thinking this band is still Blink 182. It isn’t. It will never be Blink without Tom and that’s not me being a tombot, it would be the same if Mark left, you can’t replace Mark or Tom. The band should of ended and they should of continued as a new band. 

I still like California btw I just don’t cosider it blink

• Like 6
  • Replies 83.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Chewy030

• M!ke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I bet Mark is regretting asking him to join

i wonder this too sometimes….. it is Pretty evident that he isn't the perfect match they all thought he was....

especially after the goodchemistry with Alex

a lot of people enjoy the presence of matt, solely because somebody shows up and the band goes on. i don't think anybody really is glad that it is matt Skiba. could be anybody at this point

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Fuck me. Skiba sounds bloody awful. 

Its like he is trying to shout over the music just to be heard. 

His guitar playing is hopeless, it's like guesswork for anything outside of the absolute most basic.  I can't exactly blame him for the shit careless vocals, he's covering songs, hard to get much heart in that.  Still pathetic.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He has no business signing blink songs. He doesn’t fit ffs. I bet Mark is regretting asking him to join

I bet working with Alex was an eye opener, his confidences was just really low when they picked Skiba and pretended it was working.  Working with Alex probably felt like he was an actual musician again.

• Like 1

skiba was the best choice but they destroyed all of the chemistry the moment they decided to trash an entire album of material he co-wrote. mark and skiba were a dream team for a lot of fans of their genre. i bet skiba was really excited about it at first too but then it became abundantly clear that he was no longer wanted as a creative member. i wouldn't give a fuck either if i were him. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

skiba was the best choice but they destroyed all of the chemistry the moment they decided to trash an entire album of material he co-wrote. mark and skiba were a dream team for a lot of fans of their genre. i bet skiba was really excited about it at first too but then it became abundantly clear that he was no longer wanted as a creative member. i wouldn't give a fuck either if i were him. 

There is some truth to this.  They immediately wiped out 30ish songs he worked on, to replace every single one with new Feldmann driven songs. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boxelder said:

is this the first time anthem has ever been played? cool to hear it for sure, but wish it were under better circumstances 

I could be wrong but I feel like I've seen or heard a live version before. Maybe I just dreamed it lol

28 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

Agree 100% anybody that is even remotely familiar with skibas past projects know that he is an immensely talented songwriter. He just hasn’t had his chance to show this in Blink because Mark and Feldman decided blink had to sound a certain way. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I could be wrong but I feel like I've seen or heard a live version before. Maybe I just dreamed it lol

Yeah it was played in like 98 I believe I know there’s audio of it out there. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Hahaha yeah they played it on TV back in 1999 and there's audio from a performance in April 1999 in Australia haha !

• Like 4

Anybody else think blink’s prime with Matt was around the Summer 2016 shows before California dropped? Matt’s vocal performance was top notch and his guitar playing was fine outside of what he usually screws up on. He didn’t have the stage presence as Tom but he seemed more genuinely into it around that time. It was probably during the honeymoon phase and Matt felt pressured to put on a top performance for the fans. I like to joke that once he dyed his hair blonde, all things went downhill.

Only recent performance I can think of that was especially solid was the first show of the Vegas Residency before Travis got blood clots.

• Like 1

Im at a place where i dont care anymore. They’ll do their thing and i’ll check in with them for sure and listen to new music. If i dont like it, im over it. Fine. I’ll get excited for AVA instead now 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Kevin. said:

I agree, it must be dissapointing to work on lot of demos and then see them go to trash, especially for poppy tracks for the mass they got in. Skiba might tell the truth about his feelings as the years go by.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

I agree, it must be dissapointing to work on lot of demos and then see them go to trash, especially for poppy tracks for the mass they got in. Skiba might the truth about his feelings as the years go by.

Only thing I'm looking forward to is for all the truth to come out, like Mark and Travis did with Tom eventually and his manager emails.

Something's so off, couldn't be more certain about it.

• Like 3

Mark and Matt are such good friends that they are in a book club together and just wrote over 50+ songs with each other in the past year... 

Blink Boards: “Mark regrets Matt”, as if he was held at gun point to continue working with him LOL

Between this and the “Dude Ranch makes Travis sad” theories spewing in the last few pages, I might have to go invest in TTSA stock, it’s sounding nice and sane!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark and Matt are such good friends that they are in a book club together and just wrote over 50+ songs with each other in the past year... 

Blink Boards: “Mark regrets Matt”, as if he was held at gun point to continue working with him LOL

Between this and the “Dude Ranch makes Travis sad” theories spewing in the last few pages, I might have to go invest in TTSA stock, it’s sounding nice and sane!

Wasn’t Matt not even that present in the studio for this album? Sure, you would see him pop in from time to time but he was not as present as Mark and Travis. He wasn’t even busy with Alkaline Trio around that time period either.

• Like 1