Jump to content
 

Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)


Loudernow
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, Scott. said:

Anyone still listening to this shite? 

It’s got worse for me. Think it’s their worst song ever. I enjoy every song on Cali more than this. It’s pure trash

I literally only listened to it once and never returned. 

 

It's just a bland song. The worst thing about this song is most of the songs are probably going to sound the same. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I literally only listened to it once and never returned. 

 

It's just bland song. The worst thing about this song is most of the songs are probably going to sound the same. 

The album is going to be fucking awful. How can the album be any good with a fucking song like this on it? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen to it all the time and had fun learning it on guitar the other day. Really like Skiba's lyrics, in particular the: "I tripped and fell on hard times, tough breaks are the only kind I know. I was left on a door step, I was scared to death with nowhere to go..." such classic Skiba and it's actually pretty deep if you think about it, just feeling absolutely worthless/helpless. 

Between this and the non-Aoki aspects of "Why Are We So Broken" I am definitely looking forward to Skiba on this album, he's ready to shine.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Listen to it all the time and had fun learning it on guitar the other day. Really like Skiba's lyrics, in particular the: "I tripped and fell on hard times, tough breaks are the only kind I know. I was left on a door step, I was scared to death with nowhere to go..." such classic Skiba and it's actually pretty deep if you think about it, just feeling absolutely worthless/helpless. 

Between this and the non-Aoki aspects of "Why Are We So Broken" I am definitely looking forward to Skiba on this album, he's ready to shine.

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Listen to it all the time and had fun learning it on guitar the other day. Really like Skiba's lyrics, in particular the: "I tripped and fell on hard times, tough breaks are the only kind I know. I was left on a door step, I was scared to death with nowhere to go..." such classic Skiba and it's actually pretty deep if you think about it, just feeling absolutely worthless/helpless. 

Between this and the non-Aoki aspects of "Why Are We So Broken" I am definitely looking forward to Skiba on this album, he's ready to shine.

Do you like Alk3? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen to it daily still. Songs great. 

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Is there anything you dislike?

Alkaline trio is easily one of the top bands in this whole genre or scene or whatever the fuck you want to call it. I don’t see how anyone could not like them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Is there anything you dislike?

Tons!!! Have you listened to Alkaline Trio/Skiba solo stuff to give him a fair chance? Obviously you hate him in blink but if you go through his other work it may make you appreciate him a bit, and not have to compare him to Tom.

If you have and still hate him, then yeah, look forward to SC EP2 this winter lol.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Listen to it daily still. Songs great. 

Alkaline trio is easily one of the top bands in this whole genre or scene or whatever the fuck you want to call it. I don’t see how anyone could not like them.

I find Alkaline Trio boring/mundane and forgettable. Any song recommendations to convert me?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mahtmd said:

I find Alkaline Trio boring/mundane and forgettable. Any song recommendations to convert me?

When I was first getting to know Skiba I listened to every song he did and this was the “favorites playlist” I made, as a hardcore blink fan that had never really heard much of him:

Mercy Me

Private Eye

Stupid Kid

I Lied My Face Off

Southern Rock

My Friend Peter

We’ve Had Enough

Donner Party 

Burn

I Was A Prayer

Help Me

Fine

The Torture Doctor

Kiss You To Death

Lonely and Kold

Krazy

Warbrain

Radio

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, mahtmd said:

I find Alkaline Trio boring/mundane and forgettable. Any song recommendations to convert me?

Rybreads list is pretty good. I’ll add:

nose over tail

clavicle

time to waste 

the temptation of st Anthony 

blue in the face

Armageddon

private eye

mr chainsaw

and it you realy want to give Skiba a chance you MUST listen to ‘heavens. It’s Skibas ‘when your heart stops beating’. Only one album. Electronic elements. Super dark and somber:  Arguably his best work. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

Anyone still listening to this shite? 

It’s got worse for me. Think it’s their worst song ever. I enjoy every song on Cali more than this. It’s pure trash

It's pretty damn bad. It didn't make me like California but it made me revisit it and appreciate its lack of instrumentation versus no instrumentation.  It's really just more of the same to me, canned in shite they couldn't care less about and probably didn't write.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

When I was first getting to know Skiba I listened to every song he did and this was the “favorites playlist” I made, as a hardcore blink fan that had never really heard much of him:

Mercy Me

Private Eye

Stupid Kid

I Lied My Face Off

Southern Rock

My Friend Peter

We’ve Had Enough

Donner Party 

Burn

I Was A Prayer

Help Me

Fine

The Torture Doctor

Kiss You To Death

Lonely and Kold

Krazy

Warbrain

Radio

 

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Rybreads list is pretty good. I’ll add:

nose over tail

clavicle

time to waste 

the temptation of st Anthony 

blue in the face

Armageddon

private eye

mr chainsaw

and it you realy want to give Skiba a chance you MUST listen to ‘heavens. It’s Skibas ‘when your heart stops beating’. Only one album. Electronic elements. Super dark and somber:  Arguably his best work. 

Don't forget to dive into Remains, the b-sides compilation. It has some superb songs

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...