Ghent

New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

12 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Unfortunately though, you have to whistle passed quite a few grave stones to arrive at this.

Aria was one of the biggest Blink fans I know. He had Blink tats. He just loved them. He is no longer a fan. You know that right?

Fake Interview Sasha also loved Blink and was a regular poster. He hates Blink now.

Kevin, the guy who gave me the name Oliver, he also hates Blink now.

These represent just a small cluster of posters gone by of this board who think Blink is shit now. Its not a small fraction of  people any longer. Its a good chunk of their fanbase.

Bunch of old men who grew out of blink. But that's ok!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Those people have been replaced with people who love the band though. People change. It’s natural. Blink owes nothing to anyone and whatever music they decide to create is up to them. There’s plenty of other bands out there for people to enjoy if they no longer like blink. 

Right they don't owe us anything. But we don't owe them anything either: We don't owe them a favorable opinion of their music, we don't owe them our business, and we certainly have a right to freedom of speech as well.

So here we are.

Any other basics you would like to cover Dan?

• Love 1

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Right they don't owe us anything. But we don't owe them anything either: We don't owe them a favorable opinion of their music, we don't owe them our business, and we certainly have a right to freedom of speech as well.

So here we are.

You’re bang on. We absolutely owe them nothing as well. So we either buy their music and tour tickets if we enjoy it or we move on if we don’t. It’s okay to let go of the past, man. We all change.

I think it’s you who’s failing to grasp the basics. 

• Like 3

If you don't like something, there is no reason to obsessively talk about it online any longer. It's not healthy behavior

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If you don't like something, there is no reason to obsessively talk about it online any longer. It's not healthy behavior

So every post needs to be positive? That's boring.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

So every post needs to be positive? That's boring.

Nope, because you can still like something and be critical about it. But it is clear that there are a lot of weirdos posting who truly have no interest in blink anymore. At least not without Tom. So why bother talking about it?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

So here we are.

I mean, If someone is no longer a fan...they can just leave.  To obsessively complain about a band on their own fan page, says more about that individual and their personal issues than the actual critique of the band.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Video

So is GD the official lead single for the new album?? Or was it BIOMY? Guess I’m not sure since GD got a video and BIOMY did not...

BIOMY is the lead single. I think GD will just be a promotional single. No way that goes to the radio or anything

• Like 1

Wonder when the actual album info will come out

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

BIOMY is the lead single. I think GD will just be a promotional single. No way that goes to the radio or anything

Gotcha. Cool little video for a cool little song anyway!

Just now, Smalls said:

Gotcha. Cool little video for a cool little song anyway!

Yep- it really is a cool little song. love it. hope there's more like it on the album

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Nope, because you can still like something and be critical about it. But it is clear that there are a lot of weirdos posting who truly have no interest in blink anymore. At least not without Tom. So why bother talking about it?

If they didn't have interest they wouldn't post about them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

If they didn't have interest they wouldn't post about them. 

So their only interest in the band is being a little shit bird online?

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I can see GD as a promotional break/intro for NBA, NCAA, and NFL games.

Liked the video. About the writing credits you guys know every producer that works with an artist usually takes these kinds of credits now right? If you look at Eminem's latest albums credits his producers are credited as writers too but the dude never said a rhyme anyone else wrote.

• Like 1