Jump to content
 

Top 10 Pop Punk artists all time


dick_trickle
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jan - Unofficial Moderator said:

I think that's a bit of a big generalization. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Same with playing the same type song over and over again like Offspring began doing.  Some bands can do it (Bad Religion, early Green Day, Police), some can't last that way.

 

Also Americana on doesn't sound like Smash so that kind of goes against your self argument.

 

I love the song Smash and Not The One by the way, but both those were on Smash.  It was a good album.  

Yea I’m just gonna stop now because I’m coming across way more of an Offspring fan than I actually am lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Yea I’m just gonna stop now because I’m coming across way more of an Offspring fan than I actually am lol

That's how they get you ... its also why I didn't bother to respond to most of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Since you’re a nice fellow I respectfully disagree. 

Haha I was just busting your balls, I know my opinion on this don’t go along with what most people think, I’m used to it lol

35 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

That’s my point. Look what happens when bands think they should create outside of their Realm. Stick to what works!

I like the method SP does, every album has a different sound generally speaking even if they still sound core SP, and in every album they always have a couple of songs where they push the limit to the max and just having fun trying new shit. If you don’t like it, just erase those tracks and you still have a full album to listen to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Haha I was just busting your balls, I know my opinion on this don’t go along with what most people think, I’m used to it lol

I like the method SP does, every album has a different sound generally speaking even if they still sound core SP, and in every album they always have a couple of songs where they push the limit to the max and just having fun trying new shit. If you don’t like it, just erase those tracks and you still have a full album to listen to.

And hey man my opinion doesn’t mean shit. I’m just a big FOB hater because when they busted through with “Sugar we’re going down” I was a freshman at college and had to deal with a bunch of obnoxious fools blasting that shit all day all night , who otherwise wouldn’t care less about any music in the “scene.” I imagine the same attitude I had towards them was the same attitude a lot of folks gave towards new blink fans when they exploded with enema. So at the end of the day I’m not out to attack anyone personally, I just don’t like that band specifically. Just do you! Music is all subjective anyways 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

And hey man my opinion doesn’t mean shit. I’m just a big FOB hater because when they busted through with “Sugar we’re going down” I was a freshman at college and had to deal with a bunch of obnoxious fools blasting that shit all day all night , who otherwise wouldn’t care less about any music in the “scene.” I imagine the same attitude I had towards them was the same attitude a lot of folks gave towards new blink fans when they exploded with enema. So at the end of the day I’m not out to attack anyone personally, I just don’t like that band specifically. Just do you! Music is all subjective anyways 

Nothing wrong with being a FOB hater.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, thongrider said:

Screeching Weasel

Queers

Mr T Experience (MTX) 

Muffs

Bracket

Chixdiggit

Masked Intruder

Pansy Division 

Riverdales 

Undertones

All Time Low and Brokencyde are better than at least 8 of these bands. Get this shit out of here unless Patient is doing a 64 band bracket, which she may enjoy. 

  • Crab 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

All Time Low and Brokencyde are better than at least 8 of these bands. Get this shit out of here unless Patient is doing a 64 band bracket, which she may enjoy. 

Are you being sarcastic? If not? Barf. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

All Time Low and Brokencyde are better than at least 8 of these bands. Get this shit out of here unless Patient is doing a 64 band bracket, which she may enjoy. 

All Time Low is a top tier pop punk band to be fair

  • Like 1
  • Crab 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

- Descendents 
- Ramones
- SW
- Lifetime
- Riverdales
- Queers
- Saves the day
- Teenage Bottlerocket
- Jawbreaker 
- feel free to toss in either Taking Back Sunday or Brand New since they were all inspired by Lifetime/early Saves The Day and other 90s pop punk/emo bands that were playing in 3/4 and I love that sound. Fall Out Boy were also inspired by that type of pop punk, but I'm a FOB hater. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Crab 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Elisa said:

- Descendents 
- Ramones
- SW
- Lifetime
- Riverdales
- Queers
- Saves the day
- Teenage Bottlerocket
- Jawbreaker 
- feel free to toss in either Taking Back Sunday or Brand New since they were all inspired by Lifetime/early Saves The Day and other 90s pop punk/emo bands that were playing in 3/4 and I love that sound. Fall Out Boy were also inspired by that type of pop punk, but I'm a FOB hater. 

Wow I’m so out of the loop it’s ridiculous, barely know any band on this list either 🙈😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Wow I’m so out of the loop it’s ridiculous, barely know any band on this list either 🙈😂

Nah, it's just me because I'm very specific when it comes to pop punk. I really liked the late 90s/early 2000s sound back in the day, but it got old very quickly while descendents, blink, the ramonescore and that branch of pop punk inspired by east coast hardcore bands and emo stuff like Jawbreaker, Lifetime and Saves The Day are still fresh to this day (to me). 

Joyce Manor is also the coolest pop punk band around nowadays.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

What about Rufio? not sure they're top 10 but they had some cracking tunes. 

oh yes, maybe not the best band ever, but they had huge riffs and huge choruses and their sound has aged so well

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

What about Rufio? not sure they're top 10 but they had some cracking tunes. 

Not sure if you're following the tournament bracket part of the conversation, but I've been taking people's top 10 lists as nominations for that. You said your list was basically the same as Scott's, but I didn't count it when I was going through the thread. I can if you want or you can make your own list (or not). I could also just throw Rufio in there since we're not counting blink or Green Day in the bracket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright here's 10 random ones that I like, not in order:

 

Yellowcard

Sugarcult

The Story So Far

New Found Glory

Sum 41

Jimmy Eat World

Taking Back Sunday

The Ramones

Alkaline Trio

Good Charlotte

 

Some of those I don't even know if I would consider pop-punk, but other people have listed them so I will too lol

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Nah, it's just me because I'm very specific when it comes to pop punk. I really liked the late 90s/early 2000s sound back in the day, but it got old very quickly while descendents, blink, the ramonescore and that branch of pop punk inspired by east coast hardcore bands and emo stuff like Jawbreaker, Lifetime and Saves The Day are still fresh to this day (to me). 

Joyce Manor is also the coolest pop punk band around nowadays.

I was gonna mention Lifetime but went with Saves the Day since they basically just ripped off their sound in the earlier years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...