Jump to content
 

Britney vs Backstreet vs Nsync vs 98


Best pop act early 00s?  

12 members have voted

  1. 1. pop pop punk?

    • Britney Spears
    • NSync
      0
    • Backstreet Boys
    • Timerlake - Solo
    • 98 Degrees
    • Spice Girls
    • Cheetah Girls?
    • 3LW
      0
    • O-Town
      0
    • Christina Aguillera ;)
      0
    • Jessica Simpson
      0
    • Aaron Carter (he beat Shaq tho)
      0
    • other
      0


Recommended Posts

Let's crank up the polls

 

Best NOW that's what I call early 2000s fucking pop jamz greatest act?

 

I gotta go biased with the Backstreet (most consistent, Everybody >) but I'm also a bit of a hipster pop boy with the 98 fandom, they were underrated, Nick Lachey tossed in a dunk or two on his solo career after J Simp simped his a**.  Guy went all alpha and found another girl from the video, playing her, to replace her it doesn't get more pop pop than that (or should I say Pop Punk on these boards? ayy ayy?)

 

 

  • Crab 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would you like some? I have a brand new copy of California that I can send you.

hanson mania swept the nation

x1000 if the CD you burned was an album that leaked super early.

What the fuck is this? What happened to nominations? Artist vs artist polls? This method is rubbish Jan. And the other polls are still running so why start this now?

Lock/delete this thread and let someone who knows what to do handle it. Otherwise all the fun of the polls will be gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan is jealous because I turned his top 10 pop punk bands thread into a tournament, so now he's creating his own polls to try to make himself feel better.

He was dealing with it alright until Lagwagon lost, but that sent him over the edge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

im like 99% sure max martin is a time traveler who "wrote" all these hits. 

Yeah it's pretty crazy, he definitely gives off a vibe that doesn't compute, like he either knows some ultra secret or he traveled in time.

It's one of the more mind bending things in the musical industry though, one chill basement dweller guy (to his words, not mine, he wrote many of these in a basement) from Sweden wrote 90% of your biggest hits 1999-2005

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jan the Gatekeeper said:

Yeah it's pretty crazy, he definitely gives off a vibe that doesn't compute, like he either knows some ultra secret or he traveled in time.

It's one of the more mind bending things in the musical industry though, one chill basement dweller guy (to his words, not mine, he wrote many of these in a basement) from Sweden wrote 90% of your biggest hits 1999-2005

Well yeah, but the basement thing is a bit exaggerated, the cheiron studio was located in the basement floor, so yeah, it was written in a basement, but not in the sense of him sitting and chilling in his moms basement. 

And he's still writing some of the biggest hits. It's kinda crazy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jan the Gatekeeper

Being a producer and songwriter myself and from Sweden no less you can only guess of how big of a role model Max Martin is. 

All of his hits is too many to list, but basically all of Katy Perrys biggest hits is Max Martins, also Taylor Swifts, also Ariana Grandes, also The Weeknds, Also P!nks. The list goes on lmao

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Well yeah, but the basement thing is a bit exaggerated, the cheiron studio was located in the basement floor, so yeah, it was written in a basement, but not in the sense of him sitting and chilling in his moms basement. 

And he's still writing some of the biggest hits. It's kinda crazy

I meant like because he was a metal head and just came up with a handful of them randomly at home.

He's a cool guy though, really humble, unless he is like some time traveler holding some big secret idk

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

@Jan the Gatekeeper

Being a producer and songwriter myself and from Sweden no less you can only guess of how big of a role model Max Martin is. 

All of his hits is too many to list, but basically all of Katy Perrys biggest hits is Max Martins, also Taylor Swifts, also Ariana Grandes, also The Weeknds, Also P!nks. The list goes on lmao

Yeah, that stuff is all cool he's sustained it is incredible, but his most impressive to me is that he basically wrote the 3 biggest bands in America's hits for one stretch - Backstreet, Britney, NSYNC

They were so massive and about no one knew that, that's why the Max Martin thing is so crazy to me. On top of all the hits for every other famous artist, it's crazy. 

If you watch his 2 hr interview not too long ago, basically his only one, he seemed most proud of that stuff, and then had to reinvent himself with everything you hear now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...