Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Championship - (12) Motion City Soundtrack vs (2) New Found Glory

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Championship - (12) Motion City Soundtrack vs (2) New Found Glory  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Motion City Soundtrack vs New Found Glory

• (12) Motion City Soundtrack
    • (2) New Found Glory

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/21 at 06:00 PM

Mmm not voting on this one, neither of these bands deserves to be considered the best after the kings Gd-blink

Just listened MCS for the first time last week, great music but i dont like the voice. NFG are legends but i just like a few tracks by them

Sum-41 & Alkaline Trío would've been my perfect final match

Lillingtons should have been considered, probably wouldnt have made it far but they're awesome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jan Nation said:

Are we really about to vote in Motion City Soundtrack as the 3rd best ever pop punk band?

lmao.

WigglyBrokenBabirusa.webp

There aren't many places online where you can find so many fans of MCS. They've always been everyone's favourites for years so it kinda makes sense - even though I don't consider them pop punk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

MCS songs may hold up better than the NFG classics..But there are more NFG classics. Still can't decide

If you vote MCS I'll gain probably 5% more respect for you. Does that help? You'll either vote it for lulz or vote against it out of spite, either way decision made? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

NFG's influence on the genre was bad though.

And if influence is supposed to be a factor, Descendents and Ramones should probably be the two finalists.

Yeah you can't suddenly pretend influence matters when you've argued against influence the whole competition. 

Also I can't think of a band that was influenced by NFG. Like yes they were popular but who the fuck is citing NFG as a main influence? 

• Like 1

Just now, Kay said:

Yeah you can't suddenly pretend influence matters when you've argued against influence the whole competition. 

Also I can't think of a band that was influenced by NFG. Like yes they were popular but who the fuck is citing NFG as a main influence? 

Every terrible band since 2004. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

How does a band have an impact on a genre without influencing other bands? How does that work?

Back pedaling Jan is my favorite Jan and, lucky for me, there's been a surplus of entertainment from her in this area lately!

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I feel like they influenced the sound of the heavier pop punk of modern times like A Day To Remember and The Story So Far. Actually I’m pretty sure TSSF is named after an NFG song.

• Like 1

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

I feel like they influenced the sound of the heavier pop punk of modern times like A Day To Remember and The Story So Far. Actually I’m pretty sure TSSF is named after an NFG song.

So is All Time Low I think. 

• Like 1