Snowflake Oliver

The Tom Delonge Thread

20 minutes ago, MSandt said:

The song has nice instrumentation but someone else should sing it. It's not just that the quality of Tom's voice is bad but the pretentious way he delivers it makes it unbearable.

Totally agree. The song is meh but his voice makes it unbearable. I hate his voice 

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I am not surprised that the blink haters and tombots are lapping it up. Some of you even claimed to love Rebel Girl, which was far worse than this one. Tombots are quite loyal, it's their only redeemable quality

What about the rest of the internet? Who's reactions are entirely the same.

Not sure why I took the bait..

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

lol, uh, what?

I'm offering no conspiracy here. The song just isn't very good. Despite having some energy and some decent guitar at parts, it still manages to be boring as fuck. Gets worse on subsequent listens. Might actually prefer Rebel Girl because at least it is slightly catchy in its shittiness.

Plus he had to have a producer help him write it. Pathetic

So Jerry Finn's input on Enema/TOYPAJ was pathetic too? C'mon man...

Just now, Matticus said:

So Jerry Finn's input on Enema/TOYPAJ was pathetic too? C'mon man...

So you think Jerry Finn helped write songs for blink and deserved writing credits?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The most angelic of them all!

*co-written with producer Aaron Rubin, not even in the band*

It took 5 people to write Happy Days ffs ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So you think Jerry Finn helped write songs for blink and deserved writing credits?

We're talking about producers here, which JF was for those albums.

Edit: and Untitled if I remember correctly.

16 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

NotNow sure is lashing out lol.  A true Tom's Angel. 

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I am not surprised that the blink haters and tombots are lapping it up. Some of you even claimed to love Rebel Girl, which was far worse than this one. Tombots are quite loyal, it's their only redeemable quality

Rebel girl was mediocre. I still thought it was a bit better than new blink, but it certainly wasn’t anything amazing. It didn’t change my apathy whatsoever. This is the first time I’ve been excited about new music in a long time.

• Like 1

Makes me fuzzy to see the tables turn. Gosh, Guys! So negative! Do you like anything?! Jeez ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Makes me fuzzy to see the tables turn. Gosh, Guys! So negative! Do you like anything?! Jeez ;)

I believe we both said we liked the riff and the verses are catchy....so yeah?  

You must not realize how unnatural I feel forcing myself to act this way.

I can't imagine doing this every day. Absolutely toxic behavior

• Haha 1

To be fair the TomBots have waited a long time for this, I am stoked for and with them. We, the direst of BlinkBots, are spoiled by 3+ years of activity/excitement, which can be taken for granted.

18 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

It took 5 people to write Happy Days ffs ?

the opening titles for star trek: discovery list like 28 producer credits. even an adam sandler shitturd of a movie has 30 million above the line for his friends.

the writing credits are just friend money, whether they actually wrote anything substantial or not. because it's the only way to get any royalty money in this post-music-industry era.

• Like 3

I was already so excited for my show but after reading all this praise im even more psyched. Haven't gotten a chance to hear the live vids but I'm loving that set list. Heaven is my all time fav song by them so I'm pumped it's in the set. 

It's just so nice to see basically everyone this happy for something blink related. Feels like it's been a while

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

the opening titles for star trek: discovery list like 28 producer credits. even an adam sandler shitturd of a movie has 30 million above the line for his friends.

the writing credits are just friend money, whether they actually wrote anything substantial or not. because it's the only way to get any royalty money in this post-music-industry era.

maybe they'll listen to you when you say this, I feel like I've posted this exact same thing 50 times...

• Like 3