The Tom Delonge Thread

Shit Poster

Honestly I think if you are selling something for a higher price because of the signature, the forgery rate isn't all that high. It happens but not that much. Because its illegal.

Fan mail is a totally different story. Like sending a letter requesting an autograph, that stuff has a very high rate of either being printed/auto pen/secretary signed etc. That is if you get a reply at all.

Presidential replies are 99.9% of the time autopenned/printed/secretary. Often you will even find that very important stuff is not personally signed. I once saw an Obama letter to a family of a solder who was killed in action and it was not really signed by him. Its not that they are cold hearted, they don't have the time.

Ebay signatures are usually fake as shit and ebay allows it because its "hear no evil see no evil" they don't care as long as they get their cut. But there is plenty of real material to be had on there as well if you do research.

I think the most forged signatures of all time are The Beatles. Most of it is garbage and people will go to great lengths to produce it.