The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Anyone can see if Alabama is credited as "voice" or "additional voice" in She's Out f Her Mind? I'm 100% sure she appears singing on the  1:20 mark to the 1:25, singing the "a-a-a-she's an angel yeeeeeeeeah". I'm curious as Travis only said she threw some piano parts here and there.

4 hours ago, Chalk Outlines said:

Both vinyls I have...

IMG_2756.jpg

Skiba fucking killed it - but just curious how much of this album was Mark and John as you can totally pick out certain areas where it has totally come from Matt. But a lot of it feels more Mark to me... just observations and thoughts. 

Oh yeah, I have that. But for each individual song, it has Mark, Trav, Matt + John in THAT order. Which, for me, holds more weight

• Like 1

I always wondered why hitting the snare + crash that precedes the first verse in Up All Night felt weird to me, but for some reason I decided to actually count it, and the measure between the intro and verse is actually a sole 3/4 one, which is kind of weird, kind of cool. Up All Night is really an interesting song, never really heard anything like it and the riff on it just slays. I like how Tom put a different tone on the second time the riff appears, so that the intro and outro ones are more accentuated. Also "everyone lives to tell the tale of how we die alone some day"  is one of my favorite Blink lines.

• Like 1

The guitar thing in Up All Night is easily the worst thing Blink ever did, along with Los Angeles and Fighting the Gravity. They would all fit in nicely as "the only somewhat listenable songs" on a Limp Bizkit album, but that's not a compliment at all.

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

The guitar thing in Up All Night is easily the worst thing Blink ever did, along with Los Angeles and Fighting the Gravity. They would all fit in nicely as "the only somewhat listenable songs" on a Limp Bizkit album, but that's not a compliment at all.

What guitar "thing" that would fit on an LB album  is in Up All Night and Fighting the Gravity?

Also Wes Borland is a great guitarist just saying.

Nothing about Limp Bizkit is good, except the fact that I don't have to listen to their shit anymore. 

I meant the guitar thing Tom(?) plays in Up All Night. And the backward shit or whatever it is in LA and FTG

lol I love some of LB's stuff, I always got the sense that they were joking and making fun, catchy songs. When they tried to be serious in 2005 Wes tore that album the fuck up, seriously some of the best, heaviest riffage I have ever heard on songs like The Priest and The Truth.. Still have no idea what you're talking about though lol, sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

Nothing about Limp Bizkit is good, except the fact that I don't have to listen to their shit anymore. 

I meant the guitar thing Tom(?) plays in Up All Night. And the backward shit or whatever it is in LA and FTG

keep rollin rollin rollin