The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I love the “rescuing a Tiger from a tree” metaphor! Blink was this huge powerful thing (the tiger) and Skiba (the “stranger staring at the ceiling”) had to come help it with something so simple... (like showing up and being an active band)

52f3fc_d91664e9aeaf4016a1eb2af58a9f186c~

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

Honestly I kind of miss that John Feldmann era.  It was fun to hate on, it was like this evil corporate villian character taking over our band.

But yeah no Ry Bread, there was no deeper meaning to the lyrics they said it themselves.

They’ve also said 182 comes from how many times Al Pacino says fuck in Scarface, and that wasn’t true. 

16 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

Rz2jNAj.png

there a much better version 

mark as no sense about what is great and what isnt

as seen with him delcaring that feeling testicles is the best blink song there is haha

Probably the best poster here at the moment.

Feeling Testicles is up there, but not blink's best song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan's Plan said:

Honestly I kind of miss that John Feldmann era.  It was fun to hate on, it was like this evil corporate villian character taking over our band.

But yeah no Ry Bread, there was no deeper meaning to the lyrics they said it themselves.

Who cares if they had a metaphor in mind or not, it's open to anyone's interpretation, just as all art is.  Apply the lyrics as they connect with you, and you're never wrong.  I dig the lyric regardless of if they personally intended a greater meaning or not.

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Probably the best poster here at the moment.

Feeling Testicles is up there, but not blink's best song

these schematics are useless because most of these songs are great in their own ways and bring something that the other ones don't to the table

therefore there isn't one song thats better than all the rest

people do these mini tournemant thing out of a pre-wired wish to declare certain things better than others(wich fundamentaly needed when you by example build a great song)

but nonsense in a case like this

feeling tits is a terrifc song and was a perfect comeback song for that untitled record but greatness alone its not as powerfull as adam song or stay together for kids

6 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Source? I remember they said that about wildfire but that’s the only one I can think of where they openly said the lyrics were meaningless.

• Like 1

@Jan's Plan

“‘Bored To Death’ was the first song we wrote with John [Feldmann]. John and Mark [Hoppus] started working on it together. That’s kind of what the genesis of it was. Mark wrote the first verse, and John sent me in to sing. I was listening to Mark do his vocal, and I just started writing kind of an extension of what Mark was saying, what that meant to me. My perception of it was something that, it made perfect sense to me and the continuation of it in the second verse was some things that I had gone through, some things that I was going through. From going from a really, kind of, rough time in my life to going through this really amazing time in my life now. Not necessarily the amazing time, but the transition into it. From my point of view, it’s easier to say “I’m bored” or “I’m angry”. Anything is much easier to say than “I’m hurt”.”

Maybe try www.fanfiction.net next time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Crab 1

33 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

@Jan's Plan

“‘Bored To Death’ was the first song we wrote with John [Feldmann]. John and Mark [Hoppus] started working on it together. That’s kind of what the genesis of it was. Mark wrote the first verse, and John sent me in to sing. I was listening to Mark do his vocal, and I just started writing kind of an extension of what Mark was saying, what that meant to me. My perception of it was something that, it made perfect sense to me and the continuation of it in the second verse was some things that I had gone through, some things that I was going through. From going from a really, kind of, rough time in my life to going through this really amazing time in my life now. Not necessarily the amazing time, but the transition into it. From my point of view, it’s easier to say “I’m bored” or “I’m angry”. Anything is much easier to say than “I’m hurt”.”

Maybe try www.fanfiction.net next time.

It was either on that lyrical breakdown from a magazine with the yellow background or a long Feldy interview, I can't remember, but I do remember there being a bunch of arguments about it because Feldy kept popping in and saying 'I wrote this' and Mark kept saying 'there is no meaning, first thought best thought' in a lot of Q&As.  Obviously those are hard to find and obviously I will have to eat crow because straight from Matt's mouth is going to hold more ground than Mark or Feldy's for his lyrics, so it looks like tiger from a tree represents Matt himself being rescued.

GAY, just kidding I like that line now.

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

It was either on that lyrical breakdown from a magazine with the yellow background or a long Feldy interview, I can't remember, but I do remember there being a bunch of arguments about it because Feldy kept popping in and saying 'I wrote this' and Mark kept saying 'there is no meaning, first thought best thought' in a lot of Q&As.  Obviously those are hard to find and obviously I will have to eat crow because straight from Matt's mouth is going to hold more ground than Mark or Feldy's for his lyrics, so it looks like tiger from a tree represents Matt himself being rescued.

I know the magazine article you’re talking about and it was when deluxe released and it was about the song wildfire. 100% mark said it meant nothing.

As for the first thought best thought thing that doesn’t mean they just came up with lyrics that meant nothing. It’s just go with the first thought you have instead of overthinking it for days and days until you hate it. It still has meaning.

• Like 1

I was just at the grocery store and the guy working the register noticed my blink tattoo. We got chatting about our favorite blink albums and then I asked him if he enjoys the newer stuff and he had no idea that blink were still making music with with a new band member.

This is my third interaction in the last couple of months with someone who used to love blink and they don’t know blink are still releasing music haha kind of crazy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

On 4/29/2020 at 12:28 PM, tussy said:

Somebody on the blink-182 bootlegs Facebook page shared a bootleg of Scott’s last show 😀

FYi i looked at the spectrals. this is the same 320k whole show mp3 i posted quite some time ago, but split into tracks and transcoded. so there's some relossy degradation for sure, but nothing very noticeable given the recording quality of the source.