The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

18 minutes ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

Tom reminds me of Kanye a bit. Glimpses of creative genius but generally crazy egomaniacs that are blinded by delusions of self grandeur. 

Yes, I think they both have some bipolar stuff going on too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bucko said:

I barely ever listen to Neighbo(u)rhoods, I dunno what it is about it. There are a couple of songs I love on that album but I can't get past the silly spelling. 

I dunno why they couldn't spell it nabolag like normal people. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bucko said:

I barely ever listen to Neighbo(u)rhoods, I dunno what it is about it. There are a couple of songs I love on that album but I can't get past the silly spelling. 

We need some Yank historians to explain why they made minor changes to the English language. One last “fuck you” to the Brits following the Revolutionary War? 

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

Wasn't it about fitting making room for more words in newspapers or something? 

it was noah webster, and it was political.

Webster wanted American spelling to not only be more straightforward but different from UK spelling, as a way of America showing its independence from the former British rule. He dropped the letter u from words like colour and honour – which had developed from the French influence in England – to make them color and honor instead. He did the same to words ending in -ise to make them -ize, because he thought American English spelling should reflect the way it was said.

3 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

I know mark addressed the tom delonge rumours kind of on discord but has he defended matt skiba or said hes still in the band?

I don't think so. My honest guess is that they are basically in an unofficial "hiatus" and legitimately don't know what they want to do next, or whether any of them want to give the glory years lineup one more go.

I think Davey said that Mark told him they were recording this year and touring next year but that just seems pretty far fetched. There's only 3.5 months left in the year and Matt doesn't even know if he's in the band.

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

I don't think so. My honest guess is that they are basically in an unofficial "hiatus" and legitimately don't know what they want to do next, or whether any of them want to give the glory years lineup one more go.

I think Davey said that Mark told him they were recording this year and touring next year but that just seems pretty far fetched. There's only 3.5 months left in the year and Matt doesn't even know if he's in the band.

The only thing that makes sense is that Tom is back. 

• Crab 1

2 minutes ago, andyscott182 said:

The only thing that makes sense is that Tom is back. 

It's possible! I want Tom back, I never came around to Skiba in Blink at all, but if they basically kicked him out without telling him that would be sooo lame and such a Modern Blink move...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Listen to Tom's podcast with Steve-O and tell me if you still REALLY want him back.  Dude is fucking insane.

I legit have avoided watching it for that reason. I can’t watch interviews with him anymore.

Interviewer- ”So the new AVA record…”

Tom - ”Yeah! So there’s this kid in china who has telepathy…”

Just no. Stop talking you absolute onion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Listen to Tom's podcast with Steve-O and tell me if you still REALLY want him back.  Dude is fucking insane.

Hahaha he totally is, but for me I just have no need for a Diet Blink in my life. I have plenty of bands to listen to that I enjoy more than this version of Blink. So if they're going to go on as a band, I'd rather at least have it be with Tom and just see what happens with the OGs together again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

actually, it's 4.5 months. 

46 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Hahaha he totally is, but for me I just have no need for a Diet Blink in my life. I have plenty of bands to listen to that I enjoy more than this version of Blink. So if they're going to go on as a band, I'd rather at least have it be with Tom and just see what happens with the OGs together again.

Even with Tom it will still be diet blink tho lol, been that way for a long, long while 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Even with Tom it will still be diet blink tho lol, been that way for a long, long while 

Haha good point.

In this metaphor if Mark + Travis + Skiba = Diet Blink...

then Mark + Tom + Travis would be more like Flat Soda Blink.

The correct ingredients are all there, but they got shook up and left out in the sun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2