Motion City Soundtrack — General Thread

boxelder

couldn’t easily find the thread about their breakup on my phone so creating this new one cause they sent out an email this morning reading 12.31.19. it linked to a youtube video of the band performing back in the day with together we’ll ring in the new year playing. i gather they’re gearing up for a 15th anniversary of commit this to memory tour in 2020. thoughts?

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

one of the most overrated bands I can think of

Bust a nut to Busted and fuck off, you daft cunt muppet. 

I hope it isn't just a tour because they won't come to the UK, but I'm excited nonetheless. All my other fave artists from my formative years have disappointed me, MCS just had a meh last album and split. I want more. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kay said:

Bust a nut to Busted and fuck off, you daft cunt muppet. 

I hope it isn't just a tour because they won't come to the UK, but I'm excited nonetheless. All my other fave artists from my formative years have disappointed me, MCS just had a meh last album and split. I want more. 

Rattled 

they’re fucking shit and that lead singer looks a right fucking danger. Man child freak. 

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Rattled 

they’re fucking shit and that lead singer looks a right fucking danger. Man child freak. 

Mate, you like Busted. Your taste in music is completely irrelevant. 

4 hours ago, ungroovy said:

Scott confirmed saucepan

I would go the fuck to this tour. I was really retrospectively sad not long ago that I'd never get to see em. 

I've seen them twice, easily one of the best performance bands I've seen. I hope you get to see them. 

Motion City Soundtrack is the greatest band from the mid 00s and may legitimately be one of the greatest and most underrated bands of all time. Yeah, all damn time. I love them. I'm so glad I got into them very early, in 2004, thanks to blink. 

• Like 2

I always really felt like I was missing out with this band, everyone loved 'em and no matter how many times I gave it a go I could never get them to click. Seen them live years and year ago but, yeah, just never found a sweet spot with them.