Jump to content
 

2023 New Album News Thread!?!


Champ182
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I feel so old on reddit when some lil new blink kid posts like Dancing With Myself or Dead Mans Curve and are like “omfg I just found this!” And the comments are a bunch of other lil new blink fans being like “omg good find never heard this” and us dinosaurs are here able to discuss the finer fucking details of their diets from 20 years ago.

Fucking love the dead man's curve cover. They actually suit that style of music so well

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kay said:

I feel so old on reddit when some lil new blink kid posts like Dancing With Myself or Dead Mans Curve and are like “omfg I just found this!” And the comments are a bunch of other lil new blink fans being like “omg good find never heard this” and us dinosaurs are here able to discuss the finer fucking details of their diets from 20 years ago.

But how much do they talk about Tom's teeth 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, rickay he him said:

The live album Mike pulled together was peak. 

Oh man, I had forgot about that one.  That must have been only like a year out from the original break-up.  I remember being overall proud with that one, but there were a few I wish I could re-do.  Thing was I remember it was hard at the time to find pro-recorded truly live versions of songs like Stay Together For the Kids, so I ended up fudging the MTV Duets version of the song to make it sound like it was being played in front of a live audience haha. Wonder if I still have a copy of that somewhere.

One that I really liked was that faux-album I made that turned their songs into a rock-opera with a story and everything, finding clever ways to transition from one song to the next even though they were never even on the same album or the likes.  But I definitely lost that one long ago, and pretty sure I hosted it on a long defunct file-hosting site like MegaUpload.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Oh man, I had forgot about that one.  That must have been only like a year out from the original break-up.  I remember being overall proud with that one, but there were a few I wish I could re-do.  Thing was I remember it was hard at the time to find pro-recorded truly live versions of songs like Stay Together For the Kids, so I ended up fudging the MTV Duets version of the song to make it sound like it was being played in front of a live audience haha. Wonder if I still have a copy of that somewhere.

One that I really liked was that faux-album I made that turned their songs into a rock-opera with a story and everything, finding clever ways to transition from one song to the next even though they were never even on the same album or the likes.  But I definitely lost that one long ago, and pretty sure I hosted it on a long defunct file-hosting site like MegaUpload.

Wasn’t one called Let’s Make This Last Forever?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, M!ke said:

Oh man, I had forgot about that one.  That must have been only like a year out from the original break-up.  I remember being overall proud with that one, but there were a few I wish I could re-do.  Thing was I remember it was hard at the time to find pro-recorded truly live versions of songs like Stay Together For the Kids, so I ended up fudging the MTV Duets version of the song to make it sound like it was being played in front of a live audience haha. Wonder if I still have a copy of that somewhere.

One that I really liked was that faux-album I made that turned their songs into a rock-opera with a story and everything, finding clever ways to transition from one song to the next even though they were never even on the same album or the likes.  But I definitely lost that one long ago, and pretty sure I hosted it on a long defunct file-hosting site like MegaUpload.

Ah I don’t remember the rock opera but if you can find the live album I’d definitely download and spin it. It’d probably get some traction on Reddit too. Was quality work!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, boxelder said:

wasn’t there one called do it for the kids or something? there was some sort of mashup of obvious and feeling this (i think?) that was great

That was Mike's, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rickay he him said:

Ah I don’t remember the rock opera but if you can find the live album I’d definitely download and spin it. It’d probably get some traction on Reddit too. Was quality work!  

By my count I did 5 of these ridiculous projects:

Forever and After - the faux live album
Do It For the Kids - Collection of all the best mashups across a 'double album'  (this project took on a few forms but ultimately ended up in that state)
rock opera album (can't recall the name) - using similar themes about girls and utilizing character names like Josie and Adam
Out of Time - a faux album that imagined none of the side projects ever happened, or blink b-sides ever released, to form a 'new' blink album, complete with decent song transitions like I did with the rock opera
Nine Point Five - the fake follow-up album to Nine utilizing all the Skiba era b-sides, collabs, and unreleased songs

My old computer was wiped ages ago, so sadly all I still have today as far as I can tell is Do It For The Kids and Nine Point Five.  Things is I know the other 3 were all burned to CDs at the time, so there is some small hope that I might have preserved them... somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NotNow said:

 

mark wiped his entire twitter now. Don’t know if it’s another celebrity having their spite moment about Elon or album related

Has Elon done anything new lately to warrant such a thing?  Feels like all has gone quiet on that months long Twitter drama trip, so now would seem an odd time to do anything as some sort of symbol against Musk.

Having said that, not sure what it would really have to do with the new album or tour either, like why would all of his Twitter need to be wiped just to focus on the next era of blink?  Doesn't really make much sense.

Does Mark have some really old tweets that he could get cancelled over lol?  Seriously though, I don't understand this move at all, just seems odd in general.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...